RUMOUR: LiveNation to announce new 2016 tour dates?

jonski43

Never say never. Madonna's still in he 50s and it seems she's got a great health.

What he meant is that Madonna will never declare a "farewell" because she'll never stop til the second she dies.

I'm afraid Madonnas over-editing is to blame for that.

Editing style has nothing to do with any of it. It has to do with what agreements they come up with regarding distribution and broadcast. U2 got a good deal. The timing regarding the horrific Paris attacks also brought more attention to it....let alone HBO is a far bigger premium platform than EPIX.

No, I would say Madonna's quest for "perfection" or her desire to present her concert in a specific way, has a LOT to do with it. U2 I would guess would be a lot less 'precious' about things.

I can't see us getting a live or almost-live full scale Madonna TV concert again in a hurry. Last time was 2001.

Guest bluejean

I really doubt U2 are "less precious" about anything. But they probably put more trust in the people that film and edit their shows since unlike Madonna they have never dabbled in film.

The older tours were done in a more basic way in the past because that was the way things were done back then. Technology has progressed and these things can be more stylized now without needing a feature film budget. I don't personally like it and would prefer a Drowned World type filming but I doubt we will get that. Madonna probably doesn't think about presenting the show as it was enjoyed from the audience perspective, it is more as she wants it to be seen visually from her own creative eye. She clearly was very involved with MDNA and wanted it the way it is. So get ready for the same treatment once more.

In this day and age we have a lot of good bootleg footage to enjoy over and over. And who knows what leaks we will get in the future. We're very lucky in that sense!

Guest bluejean

I think Rebel Heart is a unique experience because with the stage layout the experience varies depending on where you are located. If you are up the very front there are things going on at the center of the cross or at the heart that you just don't get to see from the front rows.

But then there are parts of the show up the front that are not as spectacular if you are further back at the heart.

It's the kind of things you will never really know from a DVD. Seeing a show on DVD is just a different experience that you can't compare. I'd love for them to create something extra special and unique. As someone suggested multi angles would be great for this show. Imagine being able to watch the whole thing from further back and zoom in where/when you choose. That would be ideal. But I think it's very unlike Madonna to release something like that because she will want to control what the viewer sees at each point.

Jamesy is right. Madonna is a control freak. U2 aren't. She cares far more about certain nitty gritty small details (including her own appearance) than your average rock act does. Let's not pretend.

But let's not compare.

Guest eroticerotic

i really doubt she would announce a final tour. i think we will just be like, "i wonder if she is going on tour again" and we will have been lucky to have gone to the "last" tour.

I dunno thats just my opinion because I've always found "final" anything to be silly.

My comment was in regards to wide distribution, as the original comment on the last page was about how wide and quickly U2's concert was seen. Regardless of highly edited/stylized or more 'live', it depends on what kind of deal they finagle for distribution. I highly doubt networks really care if it's 'live' in feel or a stylized concert film...NBC aired Confessions to great success. U2 simply had ironic timing considering the horrific Paris attacks, the affect it had on the original broadcast, and the attention to brought to their tour film being done in Paris at that time. Also, being a "live" style broadcast meant it was going to be seen right away. And HBO is one of the biggest, if not biggest, players in premium network distribution (that plays a huge role). I highly doubt the editing style is the clincher in final negotiations when it comes to broadcast. Networks are looking at much bigger things. The only thing that Madonna's style/attention to detail/her looks/etc. does is delay the production because it takes so much time.

Now if Guy O and team can get U2 on HBO...don't see why they couldn't for Madonna.

No final tour

I think she will just sign a more flexibke contract which she doesnt need to tour 4 times in 10 years

I agree.

I don't think she will commit again to a timed contract.

The swifty concert on Apple is a complete pain for her fans. A right mess. Of course ive had to put it on for Alice, I took her to it. Jonus did a great job directing but jeeze. I dont know how much she got paid but everyone (I had to go on forums to find it) Is downloading it against the law. Her fans dont look happy at all.

My comment was in regards to wide distribution, as the original comment on the last page was about how wide and quickly U2's concert was seen. Regardless of highly edited/stylized or more 'live', it depends on what kind of deal they finagle for distribution. I highly doubt networks really care if it's 'live' in feel or a stylized concert film...NBC aired Confessions to great success. U2 simply had ironic timing considering the horrific Paris attacks, the affect it had on the original broadcast, and the attention to brought to their tour film being done in Paris at that time. Also, being a "live" style broadcast meant it was going to be seen right away. And HBO is one of the biggest, if not biggest, players in premium network distribution (that plays a huge role). I highly doubt the editing style is the clincher in final negotiations when it comes to broadcast. Networks are looking at much bigger things. The only thing that Madonna's style/attention to detail/her looks/etc. does is delay the production because it takes so much time.

Now if Guy O and team can get U2 on HBO...don't see why they couldn't for Madonna.

Precisely, thanks

Besides Madonna's tour is not over yet, U2's is :crazy:

They have announced a new album for late 2016 so no new dates in connection to their recently wrapped up tour

Precisely, thanks

Besides Madonna's tour is not over yet, U2's is :crazy:

They have announced a new album for late 2016 so no new dates in connection to their recently wrapped up tour

nope! they sometimes have brother albums, with brother tours, ala achtung baby and zooropa and their tours...anyways, the one that is laughing now is, obviously, Guy

The U2/Madonna comparison is valid and only valid in the context that Rebel Heart Tour and Innocence/Experience Tour (or whatever it's called) are both similar in the sense that both artists are down-sizing a bit after having had two massive previous tours. And yes Madonna's tour will end up most likely outgrossing U2's. Now let's move it along please.

The U2/Madonna comparison is valid and only valid in the context that Rebel Heart Tour and Innocence/Experience Tour (or whatever it's called) are both similar in the sense that both artists are down-sizing a bit after having had two massive previous tours.

Exactly.

Does anybody seriously believe M is going to finish this tour on March 20th, 2016, then begin preparations to record another album, do promo for it, then spend months planning and rehearsing a new tour all within a year? I don't think so.

The U2/Madonna comparison is valid and only valid in the context that Rebel Heart Tour and Innocence/Experience Tour (or whatever it's called) are both similar in the sense that both artists are down-sizing a bit after having had two massive previous tours. And yes Madonna's tour will end up most likely outgrossing U2's. Now let's move it along please.

That's why some posters should stop writing false info regarding their supposedly adding new dates to their tour. If they release a new album late this year and tour it in 2017 it's a whole different project alltogether

Their tour concluded in December. Fact. And it took in $155m so there's no way they've been more successful than she has with this era as some people here were saying. Madonna is near the $90m mark, while only halfway through her tour so there's no doubt that even if there isn't an extension after March 20, the RH Tour will at the very least match U2's figure

Does anybody seriously believe M is going to finish this tour on March 20th, 2016, then begin preparations to record another album, do promo for it, then spend months planning and rehearsing a new tour all within a year? I don't think so.

:chuckle:

Thank you

That's why some posters should stop writing false info regarding their supposedly adding new dates to their tour. If they release a new album late this year and tour it in 2017 it's a whole different project alltogether

Their tour concluded in December. Fact. And it took in $155m so there's no way they've been more successful than she has with this era as some people here were saying. Madonna is near the $90m and halfway through her tour so there's no doubt that even if there isn't an extension after March 20, the RH Tour will at the very least match U2's figure

SPILL THAT TRUTH TEA! :clap:

I dont understand why some fans can't just enjoy the moment rather than think about what she may or may not do 6 months or a year or two years from today. They tend to be the same fans that are obsessed with chart statistics or Youtube views rather than actually enjoying her music or live performances. I don't get it. I have only ever encountered this with Madonna fans. :confused: