RUMOUR: LiveNation to announce new 2016 tour dates?

jonski43

Guest Rachelle of London

Correct me if I'm mistaken but doesn't Madonna have shares in LN. I doubt she'd ever leave them. She'll just sign another contract

Ok, Billboard needs to make up their mind...2012 they claimed MDNA was her fifth tour with Fogel, this year they said the same thing with RH...

Rebel Heart will be Fogel's fifth tour with Madonna, a relationship that has produced more than $1 billion in Boxscore grosses.

This will also be the third -- and, presumably, final -- tour by Madonna under a 10-year multirights deal she inked with Live Nation in 2007, valued at a reported $120 million. The future of that partnership is unclear, given that Oseary's Maverick Management (which also includes U2, which struck a similar deal with Live Nation) is now part of Artist Nation, Live Nation's artist management division. Initially, the Live Nation/Madonna deal included recorded content (along with touring, merch, fan club/Website, DVDs, some sponsorships, and certain other music-related projects), but those recording rights were sold to Interscope in 2011 for a reported $40 million in a three-album deal, of which Rebel Heart is the second.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/pop-shop/6487508/madonna-to-launch-rebel-heart-world-tour-in-august

Correct me if I'm mistaken but doesn't Madonna have shares in LN. I doubt she'd ever leave them. She'll just sign another contract

Oh I'm not sure about shares?

I can't ever see her returning to a record contract now, that boat has sailed.

I can certainly see her signing a second contract with LN, maybe not for the same epic return but I can see her touring for another decade.

But I do think she will leave them, eventually.

Yes and they also keep parroting that this is Madonna's 10th world tour when it's her 10th tour overall but her 9th world tour. Billboard also needs to understand that Europe is a continent and that the UK is a country. The UK is a part of Europe Billboard

Billboard confuses me...they def. need to make up their mind.

Idk...I just think that M is really enjoying this tour. That's why I think that even if it were her last with them under current contract, she would sign with them again.

Billboard confuses me...they def. need to make up their mind.

Idk...I just think that M is really enjoying this tour. That's why I think that even if it were her last with them under current contract, she would sign with them again.

I think she would aswell but without all the licensing attachment....

Aka perfumes and other ranges.

As we all know REBEL HEART TOUR 2015-2016 is the 5th tour on her contract and the extended REBEL HEART TOURETTE (SYNDROME REMIX) 2016-2017 will be her 6th and 7th tours on the contract.

The 2020 tour will be Sticky and Sweet Part 3 (her 10th tour on the contract). Exact same setlist as S&S '08 except that "Into The Groove" will be replaced with "Body Shop'" and "Vogue" will be replaced with "Holy Water".

The 2020 tour will be Sticky and Sweet Part 3 (her 10th tour on the contract). Exact same setlist as S&S '08 except that "Into The Groove" will be replaced with "Body Shop'" and "Vogue" will be replaced with "Holy Water".

Will the gross of this tour be added to the 08-09 legs?

Even when this contract ends, any future touring (which there will be) will still be with Live Nation. They're the worlds top touring company. All this talk of 'leaving'...uh, where the fuck she gonna go, AEG? :lmao:

Once this deal is done, future touring will still be with Live Nation, just probably on an open-ended deal, or a tour-by-tour basis without being locked down. She's pretty much earned her right to finagle any deal/set-up she wants. And like Fogel will want her to go anywhere else...

Don't know what people are so worried about.

Guest Rachelle of London

Even when this contract ends, any future touring (which there most likely will be) will still be with Live Nation. They're the worlds top touring company. All this talk of 'leaving'...uh, where the fuck she gonna go, AEG? :lmao:

Once this deal is done, future touring will still be with Live Nation, just probably on an open-ended deal, or a tour-by-tour basis without being locked down. She's pretty much earned her right to finagle any deal/set-up she wants. And like Fogel will want her to go anywhere else...

AEG

:dead:

Even when this contract ends, any future touring (which there will be) will still be with Live Nation. They're the worlds top touring company. All this talk of 'leaving'...uh, where the fuck she gonna go, AEG? :lmao:

After U2 she makes LN the most money so I completely agree with you she will want to remain with them for as long as she wants to tour.

Correct me if I'm mistaken but doesn't Madonna have shares in LN.

I doubt she'd ever leave them. She'll just sign another contract

Yes she does :thumbsup:

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB119205443638155166

Cattura_zpsueay8kme.jpg

In the latest seismic shift to rock the music industry, pop superstar Madonna is close to leaving Warner Music Group Corp.'s Warner Bros. Records for a $120 million deal with concert-promotion giant Live Nation Inc., according to people familiar with the deal. Madonna still has another studio album left to deliver with Warner Music.
The 10-year pact with Live Nation, of Beverly Hills, Calif., would give Madonna a rich mix of cash and stock in exchange for the rights to sell three studio albums, promote concert tours, sell merchandise and license her name.
The fact that a concert promoter like Live Nation is set to land the deal rather than a traditional record label like Warner Music is a sign of how quickly the landscape is shifting in the cratering music industry.
Traditionally, acts like Madonna would release their recordings through a major record label and then make separate deals for touring and merchandising with other companies. Now, however, a range of players in the music business -- labels, concert promoters and even managers and ticketing companies -- are eager to make broad deals that give them a larger piece of the pie by participating in revenue streams such as endorsement deals between artists and advertisers, as well as the sales of concert tickets and merchandise.
Promoters typically book artists and venues for concerts, dividing the door take with the performers. Live Nation appears to be gambling that by bringing virtually all of Madonna's ventures under one roof, it can make money by cross-promoting albums, concert tours and other merchandise.
The package includes a general advance of $17.5 million and advance payments for three albums of $50 million to $60 million, according to people briefed on the deal.
Live Nation also is expected to pay $50 million in cash and stock for the right to promote her concert tours. If and when she does tour, though, the promoter will only get 10% of the gross, with 90% going to the artist; that is the standard split for music superstars in the concert industry these days. Income from licensing ventures such as the use of Madonna's name on fragrances or other products would be divided evenly with Live Nation.
Madonna's representatives have been negotiating for months with both Warner and Live Nation. Warner took the unusual step of enlisting IAC/InterActiveCorp, the parent of TicketMaster, as a partner to try to counter Live Nation's proposal for a deal that covered both touring and recorded music. IAC and TicketMaster would likely have brought concert-industry expertise to the table, though it is unclear precisely what role they were proposing to play.
The deal carries significant risks for Live Nation. People in the music industry estimate that at current recorded-music prices, the promoter would have to sell about 15 million copies of each of its three albums to make back its investment on that piece of the deal alone. But an artist manager not involved in the deal said that with prices for CDs and downloads alike falling, that number could increase.
Madonna_(Berlin_Film_Festival_2008)_2.jp
Warner Music would retain the rights to sell Madonna's catalog of albums dating back over 20 years, and her last studio album for the label will likely arrive next year. It isn't clear when her first album for Live Nation would be delivered, nor is it clear how the promoter would distribute and promote the album, since the company has limited infrastructure to do so. Under the terms of the deal, ownership of Madonna's three Live Nation albums would revert to her after a period that couldn't be determined.
People briefed on the deal speculated that Live Nation would enter a licensing arrangement with one or more traditional labels to release her albums. A spokesman for Live Nation declined to comment. Madonna's manager, Guy Oseary, couldn't be reached.
Most major labels have struck at least a handful of "360 deals" with new bands, where they share in multiple revenue streams. Superstar deals are more` expensive and riskier, and therefore much more rare.
Going the other direction, Radiohead this week released its latest album through its own Web site, circumventing for now any corporate partner.
Madonna, 49 years old, has reinvented herself multiple times throughout her career, seizing on new music, dance, culture and fashion trends. Even as her album sales have steadily diminished, her protean persona has kept her in the news, and maintained her clout as a concert draw. Currently she's an adherent of a brand of Jewish mysticism known as kabbalah.
Brian Posner, chief executive of ClearBridge Advisors, a fund that owns 9.3 million Warner shares, or 6.2% of the company, said he was comfortable with losing Madonna, given the price its rival paid. "Warner has demonstrated extremely savvy financial discipline with regard to the deals it enters into and, as importantly, the deals it doesn't enter into," he said.
The deal comes as Warner Music's share price has taken a beating, while Live Nation's has soared. In 4 p.m. composite trading on the New York Stock Exchange yesterday, Warner shares were at $11.29, up 11 cents for the day but off 59% from a 52-week intraday high of $27.24 and almost $6 less than its IPO price of $17. Live Nation shares were down 32 cents to $23.36, slightly below an intraday high of $25.63 for the year but solidly up from its offering price of $11.50.
Entrepreneur Robert F.X. Sillerman founded the company that would become Live Nation in 1997; he sold it to Clear Channel Communications Inc. for nearly $3 billion in 2000. Clear Channel spun the unit off in 2005. The concert business is a notoriously tough one for promoters, who typically give the biggest performers 90% or more of ticket sales, after certain expenses. That makes the business minimally profitable, and Live Nation, the largest concert promoter in the world, has sought to find other sources of income.
In August, Ticketmaster said it had ceased negotiations with Live Nation to extend their ticket-sales contract. Live Nation hasn't explicitly laid out plans, but the company is expected to make some kind of bid to get into the ticketing business on its own. In 2005 and 2006, Live Nation lost $130 million and $31 million, respectively. In the quarter ended June 2007, it made a $9.9 million profit on $1 billion in revenue.

Yap. That's what I think too. She will stay with them but with much more freedom. :-)

I think she's had a lot of freedom with this contract but she dos tour for hell of along time now.

I think that's obviously part and parcel of the agreement, I remember in the old days she toured for 4months now she's on the road for 8months!

Whether or not her "next" contact with LN is worth as much I'm not so sure, she's certainly exhausted many markets as she's constantly been on tour for over a decade...

...but were demand is dying in some places it's on fire in others....just look at how Asia reacted, she could easily mount a mini tour just in that territory next time round!

Once this deal is done, future touring will still be with Live Nation, just probably on an open-ended deal, or a tour-by-tour basis without being locked down. She's pretty much earned her right to finagle any deal/set-up she wants. And like Fogel will want her to go anywhere else... Don't know what people are so worried about.

:rotfl::chuckle::thumbsup:

After U2 she makes LN the most money so I completely agree with you she will want to remain with them for as long as she wants to tour.

After U2? :lol: Madonna is second to none in the industry

U2 don't have nearly as strong a merchandising, licensing front as she has, for starters :thumbsup:

U2 don't have gyms, perfumes, macy, aldo etc etec, Dolce & Gabbana, LV, Versace back to back ad infinitum. That's why they forced their precious album down Apple users and had the nerve to say "we wanted to give our work to the fans for free" when Apple paid $100m for that album

After U2? :lol: Madonna is second to none in the industry

U2 don't have nearly as strong a merchandising, licensing front as she has, for starters :thumbsup:

U2 don't have gyms, perfumes, macy, aldo etc etec, Dolce & Gabbana, LV, Versace back to back ad infinitum. That's why they forced their precious album down Apple users and had the nerve to say "we wanted to give our work to the fans for free" when Apple paid $100m for that album

Not to trash U2 or make it s fight between them and Madonna because that's unessacary they still have grossed massive numbers for LN and have done it again this year.....

The 90/10 split means they certainly give LN back a massive return.

Not saying that Madonna plays 2nd fiddle, but I think correct me if im wrong but U2 are LNs highest grossing tour act ?

Not to trash U2 or make it s fight between them and Madonna because that's unessacary they still have grossed massive numbers for LN and have done it again this year.....

The 90/10 split means they certainly give LN back a massive return.

Not saying that Madonna plays 2nd fiddle, but I think correct me if im wrong but U2 are LNs highest grossing tour act ?

They have a higher overall gross by a minimal margin simply because they have tours with a higher number of gigs compared to Madonna (except for this latest outing, so far at least, as Madonna has a handful more dates) but in terms of overall money that gets pumped into LN through those 360 deals they are at the very least equal acts because Madonna has many more collateral projects compared to them and her merchandising and licensing front is unparallelled. That's why I corrected the "after U2 she makes LN the most money" part. It comes from different platforms but it doesn't mean she's making LN less money than they are by any stretch of the imagination. Also the point of those deals was first and foremost for the act to make most of the money anyway

LN lives off having under its umbrella so many acts and management companies so its success it's determined by the extent of the power of having so many parts into one unified whole rather than just having U2 or Madonna, respectively, under them or any single act for that matter, however big.

Also LN makes little money from the touring side of the business, they just retain 10% after production costs. The big money comes from the 50/50 split on licensing and merchandising. So for instance, in U2's case, for this era, LN cashed in big on that $100m U2 were paid by Apple for the right to "sell" their album on the iTUNES store

actually, in her contract it is..

Where did you read that? They made a point to have the same numbes of tours as album releeased when the contract was signed. so with that it leaves one album without a tour, except the RH album counts as a double ( two ) albums.

I don't think it made sense.

I hope she gives us a second leg:

-She loves this album and so does the fans

-the album is 2 CD of great songs, 1 leg doesn't seem enough to showcase that if she wanna give some of the other songs a chance to shine.

Arthur Fogel interview:

"Sticky & Sweet is Madonnas biggest tour of her career?

The Sticky & Sweet tour is going to do $420 million (gross). We did $280 million in last years dates and now theres this two month run to end the tour.

http://www.celebrityaccess.com/news/profile.html?id=473

Adding another leg to a tour is a highly unusual move for Madonna. "It absolutely has not happened in the four tours I've been involved with," Fogel tells Billboard.com. "There has been talk [of extending] during each one, but it has never come to be. But with this one, she loves the show, she's had a great time and she's excited about playing new markets."

The extension will take Sticky & Sweet to around 80 shows, and boost it well into the top five grossing tours of all time. Despite the more than six-month break, the tour will feature the same production and performers as 2008. "It is a long hiatus, but everybody was excited to continue," Fogel says. "So we basically worked out the arrangements for all the performers, crew and equipment and we'll be ready to go."

The Sticky & Sweet tour was the first under a 10-year multi-rights agreement between Madonna and Live Nation, valued in some reports at about $120 million.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/269509/madonna-resuming-sticky-sweet-tour-this-summer