4Mins was a pretty good track.

Michael.

Still listen to it regularly, especially loudly on my old school stereo system!

Also, really did not like it at first. A few big M fans I knew also complained A LOT about it back in 08. It was actually very controversial. Some M fans at the time jumped on gaga's bandwagon instead. :laugh:

The song is alright but her look in the video is her worst ever. The make up and costume don't do her any favors

What? "Worst look ever"? I don't think so. respectfully I disagree.

I love the instrumental intro without fucking Timbaland singing and doing his annoying beat box thing. The vocals are one of the first thing Demo Castellon worked on, he detailed how he cut and mixed them for a magazine. Since then he recorded, cut and mixed all her vocals and since then they are all shit. Living for love "i could get caught in bitterness" and Ghosttown "bound to breaaaak" are the same awful job as the mechanical & metallic sounding "the road to hell is paved with good intentions".

13 years old living in NYC and you never knew of Madonna? :huh:

I know! Until about 2-3 years ago I had no idea Blonde Ambition Madonna, Ray of Light Madonna, and Hard Candy Madonna were all the same person. I thought it was all different artists because of how different the vibe and image were. And 4M was the first thing that I liked on my own, as opposed to something I heard on my dad's iPod. When I went through her discography the first time I was so surprised at how many songs I knew from like..... regular cultural osmosis and kept going "wow, I didn't know that was her too!"

Did a full-length version of that ORIGINAL/AWESOME clip ever come out??? It sounded soooo good. Surely everyone remembers what I am talking about (because I have no idea how to describe it!!!) lolol :D

I was literally just thinking yesterday how 4 minutes got an unjust reputation. Is it a song on the caliber of Like A Prayer or Frozen? No, but it wasn't meant to be that type of song. It was meant to be massively successful, get people united and moving. It did it's job and should have been a number one hit in the US. I remember it came out when I was a sophomore in HS and had it as my ringtone on whatever lame phone I had back then.

The only thing I hate is the video. I really dislike it. The screen eating monster, the costumes. Although I love the B-roll released recently. Madonna looks way sexier in the B-roll than in the actual video.

I loved it then and still love it now. It's eight years this month since we heard our first muffled snippet from the Jingle Ball....eight years! The world in general loved it and it was a bona fide smash hit in every country (her most recent, unfortunately). It's insanely catchy and a brilliant pop song!