It's sunday bitches.... so no medley!

Hapertje

Every sunday of this tour, Madonna skipped the medley! Even if she didn't have to hurry (like in Antwerp, when she had to be in Germany the next day. Even they got the medley!).

What's up with that???

Guest bluejean

1. The medley is boring

2. The medley outfit is Grandma appropriate

3. The LFL matador outfit is LIFE

4. Like a Prayer is the Madonna WORLD ANTHEM and should be performed on every show she ever plays. The end.

The medley is not boring. It's one of the true highlights of the show.

If it wasn't, then why does it get one of the biggest responses in the whole show. The crowd goes fucking nuts after it.

It's wonderfully colorful, a real celebration, with a medley of classic songs (and we know she doesn't do a lot of medleys in this vein...)...like a big classic stage musical number.

What's there not to love?

Guest bluejean

The medley is not boring. It's one of the true highlights of the show.

Then why does it get one of the biggest responses in the whole show. The crowd goes fucking nuts after it.

It's wonderfully colorful, with a medley of classic songs (and we know she doesn't do a lot of medleys in this vein...)...like a big classic stage musical number.

What's there not to love?

Well it's my opinion, I find it to be one of the low points in a jam packed show and I wouldn't miss it terribly if she cut it. And I love Dress You Up and Into the Groove but something about this version doesn't do it for me. It's also pretty lengthy. The backdrops are cool though, I am sure we will still get it on the DVD.

Well it's just my opinion, I find it to be one of the low points in a jam packed show and I wouldn't miss it terribly if she cut it. And I love Dress You Up and Into the Groove but something about this version doesn't do it for me.

giphy.gif

Guest Rachelle of London

The medley is not boring! It's brilliant. At every show I've been to its brought the house down. It contains 3 of her most loved songs and visually is a treat. What's not to love?

Guest bluejean

The medley is not boring! It's brilliant. At every show I've been to its brought the house down. It contains 3 of her most loved songs and visually is a treat. What's not to love?

Maybe I will change my mind when I see it from the cross next month. From 3rd row (with her back to me) and from the heart I wasn't feeling it.

I love that medley and I'm kind of sad that I didn't see it live, cause she cut it at my show! Of course the show was still amazing without the medley, but I wish I'd seen it live too...

Guest bluejean

Probably. By the time she gets to Australia this'll be the setlist:

1. "Iconic"
  2. "Bitch I'm Madonna"
  3. "Holy Water" (contains excerpts from "Vogue")
  4. "Devil Pray"
  5. "Messiah" (video interlude)
  6. "Body Shop"
  7. "HeartBreakCity" (contains excerpts from "Love Don't Live Here Anymore")
  8. "S.E.X." (video interlude contains elements of "Justify My Love")
  9. "Living for Love"
  10. Human Nature (Acoustic)
  11. "Rebel Heart"
  12. "Illuminati" (video interlude)
  13. "Candy Shop"
  14. "La Vie en rose"
  15. "Unapologetic Bitch"

BYE BITCHES!!!

Hmm interesting find... She did cut Dress You Up from three non-Sunday shows though plus she performed it in Edmonton on October 11th, that's the lone exception...

I would also prefer her to axe it from the show completely, we'll see if it's still in the Asian or Australian leg...

It's visually stunning with all the dancers, the video and everyone singing along. It works much better live than on a crappy youtube clip. I think the outfit is one of the highlights. It fits perfectly in the show.

I would have been disappointed had this part been missed out in B'ham.

It's a performance art piece, celebrating three early gems (four at first) blended with the life and vibrancy of Frida. Dressing us up in love, colour, art and music, I won't accept any complaints!!!!! :lol:

My only guess to its being cut at times must be logistical, the costume change. I can't think of anything else, as Madonna truly hinted to it in her instagram of Frida prior to the tour, as well as hinted Dress You Up.

And we all know her enduring love of Frida, don't we? It's exceptional to own such important works as Madonna do.

To those who don't like the medley!!

75B07CF6-663C-482F-B0BB-37D90D013315.gif

Just a lil clue

frida-kahlo-with-pigeons-ca-1940s-by-jua

Frida-Kahlo.jpg

self-portrait-2.jpg

:inlove:

preach it!!!!

i love my Mnation girls!!!!!!

Those of you dissing the medley are seriously nuts!!! And I adore her dress, it's not grandmalike its fucking couture Frida Kahlo!!!

I'm so grateful I got to see it live, sounds amazing, looks amazing.

Just a lil clue

frida-kahlo-with-pigeons-ca-1940s-by-jua

Frida-Kahlo.jpg

self-portrait-2.jpg

:inlove:

It's a performance art piece, celebrating three early gems (four at first) blended with the life and vibrancy of Frida. Dressing us up in love, colour, art and music, I won't accept any complaints!!!!! :lol:

My only guess to its being cut at times must be logistical, the costume change. I can't think of anything else, as Madonna truly hinted to it in her instagram of Frida prior to the tour, as well as hinted Dress You Up.

And we all know her enduring love of Frida, don't we? It's exceptional to own such important works as Madonna do.

THANK YOU !!!

Every sunday of this tour, Madonna skipped the medley! Even if she didn't have to hurry (like in Antwerp, when she had to be in Germany the next day. Even they got the medley!).

What's up with that???

Is this true? If so, great observation!

Must be a superstitious thing. Like how she does the prayer circle before every show (sorry, I know not everyone thinks of prayer as a superstition...but I'm too lazy to find a synonym).

Is this true? If so, great observation!

Must be a superstitious thing. Like how she does the prayer circle before every show (sorry, I know not everyone thinks of prayer as a superstition...but I'm too lazy to find a synonym).

Playing Candy Shop is also a superstition thing :lol: