Bringing a casual fan to a show

MCHL

First Of all, hi Everybody, I'm new In here ;)

I brought my boyfriend To The second Barcelona show and he Only knew La Isla Bonita, Hung Up and Girl Gone Wild.

I added Celebration and Rebel Heart To his iPhone some days before but he didn't even listen To them. I thought things de goin' To go messy during and after The convertirse and You know what? He's OBSESSED with Madonna and spends The Day watching performances & interviews, specially the ones where Madonna IS angry hahaha

It really depends on the friend! I've brought the same friend (well sometimes its been her idea!) to the last 5 1/2 shows (sticky one plus two=1,5).

She's still a casual fan!!! This time I begged her and bugged her to listen to Rebel Heart before going to Amsterdam, she bought it and the BIM single with remixes. The last by mistake, and that's all she talked about, if I wanted to hear the remixes :lol: Getting ready for the show night I played RH and asked her about her favourites, she didnt have any and knew none of the titles except BIM.

:rolleyes:

Oh and when we listened to Messiah I said how beautiful I think it is and if she had understood why it's called that. SHe had no idea since she's never listened to the lyrics. Then she said, I'm not like you crying over a Madonna song! STill she seemed excited at the show, especially with some 80's classics (only the singles) and Music.

My sister came with us to the Barcelona show. She grew up listening to her stuff because of me but I moved out years ago and she hasn't really listened to any of her recent material.

However she loved the concert anyway. She knew the classics and was so impressed by her and the spectacle that not knowing the songs didn't really detract from the experience.

Attended with my older sister and a group of people for Confessions, S & S, and MDNA. My sister is a casual fan, but she loved confessions, and other two not so much. Always forced her to listen to albums before going.

She said would have enjoyed MDNA much more if she listen to the album a few more times. My take is people going with stans should always try to listen to new material since M concerts are (thankfully) not greatest hits.

I bought the Rebel Heart cd as a Christmas present for the friend I'm going to the concert with in February.

And I'm telling them which songs to get familiar with!!

I hope it wil make the experience better for both of us...

Guest Rocco Papa

I think it would definitely be a good idea to get familiar with the new material. But the setlist is so 80s-heavy that I really don't think it would make for a bad experience if they didn't. She's doing so many classics in this show that it makes for a great concert-going experience for most people!

Any tips if you're going to the show with a casual fan? Do you make them listen to the current album? Do you share the set list in advance?

Don't share the setlist, but make sure they know all the new songs featured in the show :)

I will bring 6 friends who are first time to see M in a concert in Bangkok. My tip is don't leak anything about the show, so it will wow them when they see in their eyes. I def believe so 'cause M shows are always the best

I don't think you need to do anything!

I saw the Rebel Heart tour with my boyfriend and 3 other friends (my first ever Madonna gig) recently and they were all blown away.

Everyone was excited to see her, but more because she was such a huge icon and 'the female MJ' as one of them said.

One of them had listened to Rebel Heart, the rest hadn't..

They were amazed and genuinley loved it. Everyone said it was the best gig they'd ever seen, one of them called it 'magical' and they

all left loving the new songs she played saying they didn't realise how good they were.

So - don't worry. Madonna can do the talking.

I went to the first London show with my mate who is more of a casual fan had only heard living for love and bitch I'm madonna.

He loved it and downloaded rebel heart straight away and is now obsessed and pestering me if she does another London show