Paris - December 10

Slim Shady

I have some friends who love Madonna, but no one who loves her enough to post on forums. Given this, it's always amazing to meet like-minded fans at concerts around the world. Over the years, I've made several good friends at various Madonna concerts and although we don't see each other often, we know we share a fantastic bond. Until last week, I'd only ever met one other MNationer (Msig in Copenhagen for MDNA), but now, I've had the pleasure of meeting several of you - and I do mean "the pleasure"!!

The WhatsApp group chat was awesome and helped to connect us all before we'd met in person (and helped us to find each other before, during and after the show!). Raf, thank you for creating it! It was great to meet you, even though we only got to spend a short amount of time together! You're an awesome Parisian, though!!!! :)

Nikki - it was fantastic to meet you! I followed your journey to Thursday night's show with interest (with Vande trying to buy a ticket for you from a guy who kept ignoring him!) and it was great to chat to you after the show! MadonnaNation has too few female members, but the ones we do have are all brilliant - you're the first I've met in person :).

Vande - I read that you found Australian English to be a bit of a challenge! I did try speaking Italian to you, but you always responded in English, so I gave up!!! ;) I'm sorry if my Australian accent and vocab confused you, though! It was brilliant to share the Heart Stage experience with you (I was worried the people on the other side of me would notice your number and think I'd let you get to the barrier after me, but thankfully, no one seemed to notice)!! I agree completely with Nonoka that you speak the way you write (and that's a good thing!) - you have an awesome sense of humour! That t-shirt....mamma mia!!! :) I also loved the photo you posted in the WhatsApp chat to help me to find you (A Vande, a baguette, a Nonoka!) - it worked!!! The guy who marched up to you with my phone was Izzy, the "finger biting" guy from Thursday night's show ;) Ci vediamo un domani a Roma, va bene?!

Nonoka - what an impressive young man!! We spent a lot of time together over those two days and it was fantastic! You're the youngest Madonna fan I've met in real life and it was awesome hearing about how you became a fan, how you viewed her older work, your experiences etc. Your own personal life circumstances also really impressed me - not many people would have the courage to do what you're doing and you should be proud of yourself! It was great to meet up with you again a couple of times on Friday and I'm glad you made it to Illogical Music on Saturday! How great is it?! I'll never forget how excited you were after touching Madonna's hand!! Since we shook hands afterwards (sorry Raf!!), I can now say that I've touched someone who's touched Madonna!!! ;) Thanks again for your time and for being so amazing, Nonoka!

How lucky are we all to be able to connect with like-minded people all over the world?! Thank you, Madonna and thank you, MadonnaNation!!! :)

Guest Medoner

Maybe it was all too much, too much for Natalie to take? :smile:

Omg 😂😂 + yall shouldve seen how a 10 yo stan girls dad snatched her away when that erotica vid started rolling

Here's my review for the 2nd Paris show:

I was supposed to wake up at 7 am and be at the venue by 8 am, but i was so tired from the night before and decided to wake up later and finally made it to the venue around 9.40-10.00 am. I was #130 in the Early Entry line. As i was about to check the forum to see if any mnationers were queuing, my mobile data traffic was completely gone. Only once in the arena, i could get wifi and actually meet Nonoka and greet Raf and Vande. Oh well :( I saw them queuing all day outside and were steps away from each other.

I froze my ass off till 5.30 PM befor they let us into the venue. Once let in i just rushed to the upper right side of the heart stage and firmly anchored my hands on the barricade. I was having second thoughts about changing my place, but as new EE people were rushing into the arena i gave up on the idea. I got to stand near a great french guy from Lyon and two russian fans, who were somewhat reserved.

Closer to the show i got wave hello to Raf and Vande and talked a bit to Nonoka. Guys, don't be mad at me for not talking to you more...i'm kinda of withdrawn and shy and it's sometimes a challenge for me to connect with people :(

Anyway, putting that aside, a french couple stood behind me, who already was pretty buzzed and rowdy and during the show where pushing and dancing and invading other people's space and got into some heated arguments (especially the girlfriend or wife), but still they were so funny and hysterical and they enjoyed every M song.

This being my 6th and last RH show, by that time i learned how tom master my voice in the matters of cheering as loud as i can and singing along and preventing it from disappearing. I was myself shocked how loud i could scream and cheer for Madonna,

Let's get to the highlights of the show:

• 1st Segment: The opening number was as usual glorious and mindblowing and as the cage was descending the crowd lost its shit and so did I. I think this was the 2nd time during BIM number that i danced (the 1st time was during the 1st Paris show - i always imagined myself dancing to that remix since i love it, but the audiences for the shows i've been to before completley were numb during that performance. BU was as usual a sing a long moment for me with the moaning and grunting and of course one of the most energetic and bombastic performances of the entire show. Holy water, by this time, it kind of lost its charm on me, bearing in mind that i've seen it 5 times previously, yet the nun surfboarding and the last supper moments were a feast for the eyes. Devil Pray was as usual marvelous and an amazing opportunity to clap along to the song's catchy chorus, expecially towards the end. Messiah - i always watched in awe Marvin sliding on the inclined screen and have to say that it's breathtaking
  • 2nd segement: Body Shop was a boppy little guilty pleasure of mine and then she had a witty banter before launching into the ever dreamy True Blue, which got a massive arena sing-a-long. Deeper and Deeper shook the house down. Next HC followed and i saw Andy LeCompte making his way around the heart stage to fix M's curl? I just noticed how well groomed he is and how much hair gel he put on LOL. I love the LDLHA outro, it was so so heart wrenching. And of course LAV kicked in to the common euphoria of the crowd.
  • 3rd segment: My least fave interlude SEX, i love the song, but the staging seemed boring to me. LFL was so anthemic and majestic, i mean WOW ... it was one of the few times that i got into this remixed version of the track. LIB was DIVINE and MAGICAL. I was so sure she would skip the medley for the 2nd night, but she didn't and it to my suprise i was shocked when i heard the rumba beat (is it rumba or samba beat?). The moment the dances came in the get-ups to the heart stage, i just kept staring at her female dancers' costumes and asses, especially Sasha and the danish girl (i forgot her name). They have firm and perky buts and damn mighty fine legs. Then the maracas were thrown and luckily caught. By that time, i sensed that she will sing LAP. M paused and mentioned that she will do special song and i screamed LIKE A PRAYER and then a fan from the other side of the stage looked at me and smiled and M said she was feeling mysterious and invited David oin the stage and performed LAP. During LAP sing-a-long moment she went to several sides of the hearts stage and had the fans sing the chorus. NOW, when she was about to do the LAP chorus for the 3rd time and obviously had to come to the side of the heart stage where i was standing, i reached out my arms to catch her attention and she approached and put the mic in my face. I WAS SINGING THE LAP CHORUS ON AUTOPILIOT AND STARING INTO HER GORGEOUS FACE AND EYES AND SHE WAS SMILING RIDE BACK AT ALL PEOPLE SINGNING ALONG NEAR AND BEHIND ME (in my mind she was smiling at me :D). SOOOOO SUREALLLLL!!! And Rebel Heart was another highlight and emotional moment for me.
  • 4th section: For the 2nd night in a row she played the Marseillaise (she didn't sing it) and it felt so patriotic and unifying. Material Girl is such a cool number and always gets the crowd so excited. Then another banter followed, her marriage, but it didn't came through since her female husband didn't know how to cook. I later met the girl that caught the bouquet in the metro and congratulated her and she was so thankful and mentioned how nice of me it was. M did the "Diamonds are a girl's..." bit and i swear that the 2nd night in a row i though that BREATHLESS came back to life, i mean that 1990 voice was THERE, only MUCH CLEAR AND BETTER. It was one of the OMG/ A-HA! moments. La Vie en Rose was an amazing number and i was so happy i could sing it all the way in french with the native french people in the audience :inlove:. UB was great and before i knew it Holiday was on. By that time i was so aware that it was my last RH show and tried to take in as much as possible and imprint the visuals into my memory :wow::wow::wow: . As the was being pulled up by the wires, it seemed to me that she didn't want the show to end and she stopped cheering several seconds after she disappeared behind the screen.

All in all, imho, i think that the audience for the 1st night, from where i was standing (5th row from the center of the heart stage) was much louder, noisier and excited. This doesn't mean that the December 10 audience wasn't up to par (the french audiences are the best and i overheard some fans saying that the Paris shows and public were much better than the NYC ones), it's just the overall impression i got; or maybe i was too excited and didn't look around enought get a better grasp of the public's reaction.

Beautiful pictures!!!

And I love reading these reviews...I may not have watched any of it or heard the songs, but I love piecing it together in my imagination. It will be so awesome to finally see it for myself :tigger:

Carta, thanks for the review(s), do u think Aussie audiences will like the show?

Yes. It's as simple as that! Some will complain that she does too many RH tracks at the expense of songs like ROL, HU, Frozen, PDP, EY etc., but in all honesty, she's performing at least a dozen or so big Australian hits, and the show itself is spectacular, so people shouldn't complain.

Beautiful pictures!!!

And I love reading these reviews...I may not have watched any of it or heard the songs, but I love piecing it together in my imagination. It will be so awesome to finally see it for myself :tigger:

San, you're going to love it, and you'll be so grateful that after Auckland, you still have half a dozen shows to go!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone! I'm glad I didn't bore you!! I really appreciate the love :)

Kilt, thanks for the amazing pics and review! I waved at you (as instructed by Nonoka and Vande), but I don't think you knew who I was! :)

Nikki, thanks for the fantastic videos!!!

Yes. It's as simple as that! Some will complain that she does too many RH tracks at the expense of songs like ROL, HU, Frozen, PDP, EY etc., but in all honesty, she's performing at least a dozen or so big Australian hits, and the show itself is spectacular, so people shouldn't complain.

thanks carta, thats what i thought too!

Thanks for all the positive feedback, everyone! I'm glad I didn't bore you!! I really appreciate the love :)

Kilt, thanks for the amazing pics and review! I waved at you (as instructed by Nonoka and Vande), but I don't think you knew who I was! :)

Carta, were you the blond girl with the side curl and check shirt?