Paris - December 10

Slim Shady

First of all WHAT AN AMAZING SHOW

You have to see it live, possibly as close as possible

It's everything and beyond

Her dancers are the best in the world they and madonna seems a great big family

True blue, music/candy shop, la vie en rose are big big highlights

She got moved and almost cried second night after audience ovation after her LAP performance

And what about the vagina marseillese?

Could go on and on but writing on iPhone is stressing

I just want to say that i'm super happy i met the charming Raf, the cute Carta (ok...australian english is too much for me ^_^ ) the napoletano Amzer, the beautiful beautiful drama queen eerrhm Nikki, the super cool Nonoka.

Ps... I'll try to post some pics on Twitter @vandemdna and if i learn YouTube i'll sign up and post vids

Bye bitches, i'm so charcuterie right now!!!

Ps Nonoka said that i speak as i write... Is he making me compliment....?

I just want to say that i'm super happy i met the charming Raf, the cute Carta (ok...australian english is too much for me ^_^ ) the napoletano Amzer, the beautiful beautiful drama queen eerrhm Nikki, the super cool Nonoka.

Ps... I'll try to post some pics on Twitter @vandemdna and if i learn YouTube i'll sign up and post vids

Grazie mille Al Capone :biggrin: It was a pleasure to meet all of you, I wish I was able to come yesterday!

She got moved and almost cried second night after audience ovation after her LAP performance

Vande, definitely a compliment about you speaking as you write :yes: Love your review.

Loved your T-shirt and proved that you should always keep your user name Vande - it was even on your t-shirt . :thumbsup:

Just met Carta this evening once again, omg he's such a lovely guy!!

Vande you can guess for yourself!! :D

Oh and Raf, did I really forbid you to shake my hand? :sneaky: Sorry...I defo must have been in shock. I actually have a hard time remembering anything from what happened after the show :D

By the way...having seen both shows, I'd have to say the second night was much better :) She seemed in a better mood and so did the audience. Just putting this out since there seems to be this notion around that second nights tend to be less special than the first...it definitely wasn't true in Paris :)

Nonoka, no worries, actually you just told me to be careful with your hand, it was super cute :lol: honestly I would've been the same

Vande, I laugh when I remember you said "vive la baguette" wheb we took the photo the first night :lol:

Carta is so nice and so is Amzer. Nikki is a beautiful girl. Happy I got to meet you all!

I was surprised by some of the shyness of some fans (not you though vande lol I dont think you're shy at all :))

But I have to say I loved meeting all of you :) genuinely lovely & nice people. cuz you never really know until you meet each other face to face.

Im gonna post some videos later as well. both from the first night when I was far in the nosebleeds but had a good view of the overall show and from the second night when I was a second row bitch ;)

I'm still in such a Madonna high from the last 2 nights! I had the best of times on both concerts and I'm missing it so much already! This might just become my favorite M tour and I can not wait to watch it all again when they release it!

The show is just incredible! For me, there's anything I can think of that I would change. I see it as a whole and everything makes sense to me, all the song choices, the arrangements, the stage, the backdrop videos, everything fits so well together. But here are some of my highlights:

- Iconic, wow the periscopes and youtube vids definitely don't give this opening justice. Live, this is everything!

- Holy Water, love love love the choreograph and the last supper design

- The whole second section is absolute perfection!

- La Isla Bonita definitely got everyone dancing, love every single version of it but this one might be my favorite!

- Rebel Heart is what all of this is about, no explanation needed. She reigns supreme!

- Illuminati is just jawdropping! Absolute bonkers!

- Music/Candy Shop is brilliant! That beat! I need that beat everyday in my life!

Loved the UB of both nights, especially Christine, she was awesome and they were funny together! LVER got everyone singing along, super sweet and LAP, well, that song is just magical!

I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot but that just proves that the show has so much going on and so many details that make everything so special! I'm so in love with it!

And also I'm happy I got to see and meet some fellow Mnationers. Chelle and MerGirl were just a couple of rows behind me the first night. And after the show I got to meet Vande, Nonoka, Carta, Amzer and Nikki. All such lovely people! Nonoka was still in shock the second night afetr M touched his hand, he forbid me to shake it :lol:

Amazing experience! Amazing people! Amazing Madonna!

:clap::clap:

Glad you had such a fantastic time

Love to often read how the clips don't do justice to this show and it looks already pretty amazing on yt

That's our Madonna I guess

Love reading all the reviews and about the meet ups. I can feel all the joy and excitement in every word and picture shared. Thank you all!!

Vande: vagina Marseillese, #rebelpenis, bananas. :lmao: Your tshirt. :thumbsup:

Yeah Brahim is in the sound pit. Natalie Portman was in there last night and Gaultier was there towards the end of the show.

Finally, a pic of Natalie at the show surfaced.

ANHNHDiM.jpg

Guest Rachelle of London

Love reading all the reviews and about the meet ups. I can feel all the joy and excitement in every word and picture shared. Thank you all!!

Vande: vagina Marseillese, #rebelpenis, bananas. :lmao: Your tshirt. :thumbsup:

Finally, a pic of Natalie at the show surfaced.

ANHNHDiM.jpg

Yup. That's find a grooves pic. He took quite a few of Natalie in the sound pit. She left the show halfway though so prob why not many pics of her are floating about.

OK, here is my (belated) post about my amazing experiences in Paris last week!

I had Early Entry tickets for both nights. Wednesday night was a shambles, thanks solely to the Bercy security staff. People had been lining up since Monday (in freezing cold weather), and the people at the front of the queue had a brilliant and fair system in place, whereby everyone was given a number when they arrived, as well as a wrist tag with that number on it. When we were checked in by Live Nation staff on Wednesday afternoon, we were required to show them our wrist tag and we were given the same (pre-numbered) official Early Entry tag. I believe this is the same system that has worked really well in every other European city! It was all very orderly and very fair and people respected the system. The EE gift, as we all already know, is incredible! I've yet to open either of mine, but plenty of people were looking at theirs in the queue afterwards, so it was easy to see how great it is.

At about 5:30pm, we were taken through security and held in a waiting area, where we were told to sit down. People still pretty much maintained the EE order, so it was all OK. At 5:50pm, though, security moved a heap of people with really high numbers (300-400+) right beside people in the early to mid-100s, which caused a huge amount of fuss, as it became evident that the queue numbers weren't going to be respected. People started panicking, there was pushing and shoving, security were yelling in French, Madonna's staff were trying to maintain order etc. etc. We were then told that selling EE tickets is actually illegal in France (!), so they were trying to set things up so that we would still have an advantage over the General Admission people, since the police would be opening ALL doors at the same time (i.e. they couldn't open the EE door before the GA doors). I appreciated this, because it meant that we'd all already been through the security check when the doors opened, as opposed to the GA people, who were still outside.

Anyway, when they opened the doors, security physically held people back and let others who were behind them through the doors first. The girl who was #1 in the queue was held back by security and got in after about 20 other people (she'd been in line for over 48 hours by this stage!). People ran into the arena, a girl was pushed over - it wasn't good at all. Madonna was still on stage doing her sound check and we were told the next day that she was NOT happy about what had happened on Wednesday. She pleaded with everyone not to take photos or videos and this was repeated by a couple of her dancers in French ("out of respect for Madonna, please do NOT take photos or videos"). Of course, many people felt that their own desire to capture the moment on film was far more important than Madonna's wishes, so there are photos and videos everywhere. So disrespectful. This was mentioned to us on Thursday night, when it looked like we might be seeing part of the sound check again (we didn't). More on that later!

OK, I've gone on way too much about Wednesday's EE experience! Suffice to say that those who had waited in line for days weren't very happy, nor were those who waited 12-14 hours and ended up next to people who arrived at 5pm. Anyway, Thursday was MUCH better. We were told by Natasha (one of Madonna's staff) that Wednesday's events had led them to have many long meetings to avoid the same situation, and for the most part, they succeeded. She highlighted how unhappy Madonna was with what had happened the night before (seeing everyone running, ignoring the requests for no photos etc., knowing that someone had been trampled). We were told that it reflected extremely poorly on all of the EE ticket holders and that Madonna was upset to think that some of her biggest fans could act so badly :( On Wednesday night, it was clear that Madonna was confused about what was going on and she asked someone at some stage why everyone was already in etc. Natasha pointed out that it was scary for her to see people running towards the stage when she wasn't expecting it. Anyway, as I said, Thursday went much more smoothly, although the security check saw some people bumped to later in the queue (and although Live Nation were happy to let people move to their rightful places, Bercy security refused point blank to let ANYONE move - in a nutshell, LN said "Yes" and Security pulled rank and said "No" - LN had no choice but to respect their orders).

OK, time for a new post!

OK, onto the show!

In short, the Rebel Heart Tour is a masterpiece - it's as simple as that! The set list is fantastic - the perfect blend of RH tracks (they all translate so well to the stage!) and bona fide classics (CS is the exception, of course, but it fits in so well in the cabaret section that it actually sounds like a hit, and it's such a fantastic version of the song, too!). It's also brilliant that she's bringing out other classics in the acoustic section, although we kind of missed out a bit in that department, but that was understandable, given Madonna's desire to (rightfully) address the terrorist attacks in Paris.

Madonna is such an accomplished performer in every respect. Her voice on this tour is top notch. Reviews have highlighted how this tour really proves that she can sing, and it's clear that she's worked hard to keep her voice in excellent shape to handle the demands of the tour. I suspect having fewer shows is helping in this respect. Her dancing is fantastic (not as strenuous as it was in MDNA, but still gruelling) and the choreography in general is outstanding. The music is excellent and the costumes and perfect for the themes. I love the stage, too - there are so many great vantage points and everyone seems to have a different opinion on where the best place to stand is. I was midway between the heart stage and the cross (up against the barrier) for the first show and partway between the tip and the "bulge" of the heart for the second (waiting in line for 14 hours on two consecutive days was absolutely worth it!!!). I have main stage tickets right up against the catwalk for Brisbane, so I'll have seen the show from three very different positions by the end of the tour. I was extremely happy with both of my spots!!

General comments from Wednesday:

* Iconic is BRILLIANT as an opener! Everyone says the YouTube footage doesn't do it justice and they're right - it's spectacular!

* Holy Water works really well live!

* The interludes are all great, although "S.E.X." was probably the least effective. The choreography involving the fans in "Messiah" is incredible, but "Illuminati" has to be seen to be believed! I was directly underneath one of the guys on Thursday and it was more than a bit disconcerting seeing him hurtling towards you at high speed (even though I knew full well he wouldn't come too close!). I'm sure Vande (who was next to me) would have saved me if I'd been in danger, though ;)

* Deeper and Deeper really got the crowd going and the personal highlight for me was having her sing half of the chorus directly to me (as in standing right in front of me on the catwalk looking at me) - oh my God!!!

* The medley is great!!! Contrary to what many say, I think it works really well and I love the fact that we're hearing three more classics on the tour. The cast clearly love performing it, too!

* The dancers are all amazing! Madonna knows how to pick the best cast possible!

* I was standing right next to David when he was waiting to go on stage - he was so nervous! Imagine going on stage to perform for the very first time in front of 16 000 people...!! He handled himself well. "The Redemption Song" was an interesting choice, but it suited the tone and the moment.

* Have I said how great the set list is?!

* Music is spectacular, as is LFL, LIB, DAD....the list goes on!

* TB and BS work extremely well!

* HBC and LDLHA really showcase her vocals, as does La Vie En Rose (my God, can the woman sing!!!).

* UB is a lot of fun live.

* I love the shiny costume with the tassels!!! :)

* Holiday is the perfect way to end the show and it's great to hear basically the album version live.

* She did Diamonds Are a Girl's Best Friend a capella, again, showcasing her vocals.

* Madonna's clearly having fun on this tour! She's also got a great sense of humour! She scrapped the whole "getting married" section because the people who caught the bouquet ripped it apart. "It's been ripped apart - OK, the wedding's off!" she declared and that was it! She just walked off :)

In short, Wednesday was incredible!!!!! I left on a real high, then ran around to put my name down on the queue list for the next show (I was #70th, but this improved to #62 when 8 people didn't show up at the appointed check-in time at 7:30am the next morning).

Thursday was another amazing experience, although it was bitterly cold (one degree when everyone started lining up at 7:30am) and it was a more uncomfortable experience than queuing the day before had been. The show itself, however, was even better than the previous night (which I wouldn't have thought was possible)!

Aside from meeting several awesome MadonnaNationers (more about that later), the highlights for me from the second show were:

* The unscripted banter (although she said some of the same things, she's clearly not working from a strict script in some sections, which is good and reveals more of her natural comedic side).

* One of my good friends was the recipient of the finger bite during "Burning Up"! He was surprised because he thought she'd just gently bite his finger, but she really bit down on it and pulled it up a bit, leaving deep red indentations - a red line was still visible after the show...! I still can't believe she actually puts someone else's finger in her mouth (even if it is just between her teeth)!!

* I was at the heart stage, so I got to see what was happening on there myself, rather than via the screens (or from behind).

* Like A Virgin is a joy to watch (and hear) - I forgot to mention it in my last post, but it's another highlight! She owns the stage - she doesn't need a single other person there with her to ensure that every eye is on that stage. It's brilliant in its simplicity and is so, so effective!

* Like A Prayer is the best song ever written in the history of recorded music (sorry San!!). I was worried I wouldn't get to see it at all on this tour and I thought that if I did, I wouldn't get to see it up close because she mainly stays on the heart stage and lower catwalk when she sings it, but I was in luck and it was magical! A highlight was Nonoka being touched by Madonna during LAP!! He was beside himself with excitement! Vande was next to me (Nonoka was four people away from us further down the heart) and although he reached out to touch her, she stopped at the guy right next to Vande. I'm short, so I had no hope (and people behind me were pushing me into the barrier reaching above my head whenever she came close), but I know I'll never touch her, so it's all good! So happy for Nonoka!!! Duetting with David would have been a special moment for both of them, and he seemed to love every minute of it.

I'm going into way too much detail here, but I'm still buzzing about the shows days later and want to at least try to convey how utterly brilliant it all was! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to see the show from such great positions and I'm blessed to be able to do it all again in March! Right now, it's definitely my favourite tour ever, but I'm sure I'll say the same thing about the next tour - the woman is so talented, she just keeps outdoing herself, and that's part of why I love her so much. I loved every second of both shows and although I was slightly disappointed when I heard that she performed GT and WTG at the next show in Zurich, I wouldn't swap LAP for anything (again, sorry, San!! ;-) ).

If you've made it this far, thanks for persevering and sorry for rambling!!

Next post - the people I met!

Thursday was another amazing experience, although it was bitterly cold (one degree when everyone started lining up at 7:30am) and it was a more uncomfortable experience than queuing the day before had been. The show itself, however, was even better than the previous night (which I wouldn't have thought was possible)!

Aside from meeting several awesome MadonnaNationers (more about that later), the highlights for me from the second show were:

* The unscripted banter (although she said some of the same things, she's clearly not working from a strict script in some sections, which is good and reveals more of her natural comedic side).

* One of my good friends was the recipient of the finger bite during "Burning Up"! He was surprised because he thought she'd just gently bite his finger, but she really bit down on it and pulled it up a bit, leaving deep red indentations - a red line was still visible after the show...! I still can't believe she actually puts someone else's finger in her mouth (even if it is just between her teeth)!!

* I was at the heart stage, so I got to see what was happening on there myself, rather than via the screens (or from behind).

* Like A Virgin is a joy to watch (and hear) - I forgot to mention it in my last post, but it's another highlight! She owns the stage - she doesn't need a single other person there with her to ensure that every eye is on that stage. It's brilliant in its simplicity and is so, so effective!

* Like A Prayer is the best song ever written in the history of recorded music (sorry San!!). I was worried I wouldn't get to see it at all on this tour and I thought that if I did, I wouldn't get to see it up close because she mainly stays on the heart stage and lower catwalk when she sings it, but I was in luck and it was magical! A highlight was Nonoka being touched by Madonna during LAP!! He was beside himself with excitement! Vande was next to me (Nonoka was four people away from us further down the heart) and although he reached out to touch her, she stopped at the guy right next to Vande. I'm short, so I had no hope (and people behind me were pushing me into the barrier reaching above my head whenever she came close), but I know I'll never touch her, so it's all good! So happy for Nonoka!!! Duetting with David would have been a special moment for both of them, and he seemed to love every minute of it.

I'm going into way too much detail here, but I'm still buzzing about the shows days later and want to at least try to convey how utterly brilliant it all was! I'm so grateful for the opportunity to see the show from such great positions and I'm blessed to be able to do it all again in March! Right now, it's definitely my favourite tour ever, but I'm sure I'll say the same thing about the next tour - the woman is so talented, she just keeps outdoing herself, and that's part of why I love her so much. I loved every second of both shows and although I was slightly disappointed when I heard that she performed GT and WTG at the next show in Zurich, I wouldn't swap LAP for anything (again, sorry, San!! ;-) ).

If you've made it this far, thanks for persevering and sorry for rambling!!

Next post - the people I met!

Loving your reviews !