Madonna being snubbed by the Grammies

MeakMaker

Guest Pud Whacker

She didn't get nominated because the Grammies are a joke and have been for the last 30 years.

i always thought she should have pulled a Brando or Jean Paul Sartre and never have showed up in 1999 for Ray Of Light, which they ended up fucking her over anyway with Lauren Nothing.

Madonna was then and is now BIGGER than the Grammys.

It's a bit all over the place. The mixing and engineering are off. The songs have different levels on each song, so as you play it one song is loud and the other is very low.

I love Rebel Heart. I still play it out but there were some mishaps.

+1

Rebel Heart is one of her all time greatest albums. It's in her top 5! It received a countless amount of praise, and that's all that matters!

I wish she was more rewarded, but I guess I'm pleased that my two favorite albums of hers: Music and Ray of Light were highly nominated.

At least she had a few noms in the 80s, it seems the music industry was much more competitive then it is today. It seems the best singers/musicians are outside the mainstream nowadays. It seems almost gross how Taylor and Gaga can be nominated so many times in so many years. Highly damages the Grammy's credibility in my opinion.

Meh. It should be no surprise; if they snubbed her during the peak of her commercial success, there was no way they'd award her now. It's a fucking popularity contest (and these assholes simply don't like her).

I wish she was more rewarded, but I guess I'm pleased that my two favorite albums of hers: Music and Ray of Light were highly nominated.

At least she had a few noms in the 80s, it seems the music industry was much more competitive then it is today. It seems the best singers/musicians are outside the mainstream nowadays. It seems almost gross how Taylor and Gaga can be nominated so many times in so many years. Highly damages the Grammy's credibility in my opinion.

Think it's totally true Madonna's competition for awards was very challenging back in the day.

Grammys appear to be definitely kissing some artists butts except for maybe Nicki Minaj since she's always accusing people of racism and being privileged when she's looked over for these dopey things.

i always thought she should have pulled a Brando or Jean Paul Sartre and never have showed up in 1999 for Ray Of Light, which they ended up fucking her over anyway with Lauren Nothing.

Madonna was then and is now BIGGER than the Grammys.

She could have pulled the "Oscar Streaker"...

I view things differently. Madonna gets recognised for her music by her loyal fans who buy her albums and go to her concerts. That's recognition. That's appreciation. I stopped giving a fuck about what the press and the media say because they always have their agendas and doesn't always give credit where its due.

But if we look at the numbers, the tickets sold, the albums sold, the new fans joining the Madonna fanbase, that for me is recognition. The income generated as a result of people's willingness to shell money for Madonna is what matters more than paid-for articles, propaganda-driven charts and Top 40, and bullcrap awards meant to stroke the dicks of music executives instead of awarding merit to real musicians. People pay for Madonna because they care about her music first and foremost. Otherwise they wouldn't bother.

Look at all the musicians these Shammies and Billbored give recognition for. Not all of them can sell like Madonna can. They can blow smoke up their asses all they want but the results speak for themselves.

Well thought out, mate! I can't even fathom the popularity for 'musicians' like Meghan Traynor (surely the least talented pop star since Paris Hilton!) and the fawning over Taylor Swift (really?).

Awards are for dummies.