Manchester Arena UK 14th December

Mmmmm

some of you are forgetting one thing: they said after the DJ that she was gonna be late. how would they know an hour in advance she may be late just to paint her nails or some shit? obviously they knew there were technical problems and tried to fix it. we know she's sometimes a little diva but not in this case

Tbh i feel bad for the audience who spent a lot for the show (ticket, accommodation, transportation if they are not from manchester). Then whos to blame? Madonna or live nation or both?

Look, we all know Madonna's history with start times these last two tours, If you want to believe some technical problem is responsible each and every time, that's up to you.

UK arenas have an 11pm curfew (which she just happens to always meet in London) Either come on early enough to play the full set, or don't book those arenas. Simple.

Agree. Everyone by now knows that there are curfews in the UK so they have to be out on time. Would be awful to miss UB, La vie en rose and Holiday, not to mention the popular UB banana segment. All of these performances have had plenty of attention and press from other shows so fans know about them as well.

I work in IT. For any serious IT system you always have a "disaster recovery" plan which would natually vary due to the significance or importance of a system.

I would expect the biggest touring act in the entire world to have multiple backup plans. "The backup" not being in a usable state would cause major heads to roll where I work.

Feel sorry for genuine "normal" fans who were just seeing this stop of the tour. The rest of us can deal with it. :-)

She said the back up file was missing

She explained before TB that she wasn't being a Diva - and gave the reason for the delay.

One of the problems is that she comes on late all the time randomly even when there's not been an IT problem. The people around me were asking "when will she come on" (even before the announcement about the late ending) and I was telling them it was anyone's guess. In Barcelona it was 10:30 and in London it was 9pm.

Aparently they were handing out leaflets with an email to ask for a refund.

I didn't see anything like that on my way out. The show was performed, why would they give out refunds?

I was gutted that songs weren't performed, but the show was great. Open Your Heart just about killed me!!!

I don't know what to think of this. I realize video crashing is not Madonna's fault, but she's been coming on late for awhile now. If that's what it takes and you can't get your technology right, then maybe it's time for an acoustic tour. And she wasn't this late for Confessions. WTF?

I'm not surprised her touring receipts are doing down. With this kind of shit, why would anyone pony up the cash for 3/4 of a show? I would, but I am also an M loon. The general public is not. M, honey, you're on track to having a niche market for touring if you keep this up.

She said the back up file was missing

Scary tho - and she said the guy who created the system lives in Manchester (or something like that).

If he hadn't been around - it sounds like the concert would not have happened. Not good!! :-)

Read it earlier on here, on this thread so as for me I am not joking - I hope she's alright, that's all.

Ok god i hope she is alright. I didn't know if it was a joke or something i can't tell when people make jokes about her.

"The Arena staff were just doing their job but the way they handled everything from our view point was abismal and detracted from the whole show. We were block H and the seating didn't match the plan online. The runway had three rows of seats either side of it and then a seven foot gap to the outer floor blocks which Madonna even noticed an said why the hell is there a parking lot either side of my runway, made ref to the guys in yellow coats ruining everyone's fun which they did, our Bloch should have touched the barrier block g row g but it didn't and they wouldn't allow people to move out and over until after living for love when a guy came out and said get these guys next to the barriers and we all then filled the space....... Pretty shit experience to be honest lying with the arena."

"Security (ShowSec) were disgusting, asking some fans in seated blocks to sit down during the show"

are we really sure there is curfew and she didn't cut the show short because she hurt herself? because the manchester metropolis or whatever its called said there's no curfew (which I think is bullshit?) weird

I'm sure the people in this thread who are saying Manchester didn't deserve the full show wouldn't be saying that if this was their one and only show they got to attended.

Don't be rude to those who paid a LOT of money to come see the show. Yeah, it isn't Madonna's fault, but her team should've done more.

I agree with the person who says the seats were poorly arranged. The floor seats had no numbers and not even the staff knew which side was the start at 1.

The staff I spoke to were kind (no instructions to sit down as far as I saw), but frankly not that great at helping

are we really sure there is curfew and she didn't cut the show short because she hurt herself? because the manchester metropolis or whatever its called said there's no curfew (which I think is bullshit?) weird

That's what I am starting to think now.... :(

page 11 of this thread someone said she hit her head and couldn't concentrate on the cords of WTG. i hope she is ok!

Yes I don't know of a curew. The announcer would have said that I think.

He said the show will end at 11:30pm due to a problem not the fault of either the venue or the artist.

It wasn't like he said the show was gonna start late (although of course it did) - his announcement was strangely only about the end time of the show. Was bizarre.

I have that announcement on video along with everything else.