Manchester Arena UK 14th December

Mmmmm

People standing near me are already blaming her. It's so hard not to argue with them

its NOT her fault so just argue then. she did nothing wrong. it was beyond her control. you have every right to defend her

Among the miseries and disappointments there are a lot of positive responses to the show

I think she should say a statement .

And I doubt she was being serious about diva bitches. I guess when she shouts out Motherfuckers we should all clutch out pearls say ten hail Mary's and take offence

Well London was brilliant, she did her job and she got great reviews.

Manchester arena just needs to be written off.

Birmingham has no curfews, she'll be great!

Agree

I wonder how is Barney? :(

Do you think she knew she'd have to cut UB and Holiday or they just yelled in her ear to end the show at the end of material girl? how shitty

i was wondering that too. because she said goodnight at the end of MG.

She was almost done, so why all the hate, she could scrap anything she wanted at anyntime for any show. It is she that has to do the show right.

Subjects only follow the Queen, not dictate to.

They were booing her loud before the show started. I'm sorry but half of the audience( who WERE rude) deserved the cut.

No, audiences do not deserve to have shows cut. People pay money to see a show and deserve the full show.

They were booing her loud before the show started. I'm sorry but half of the audience( who WERE rude) deserved the cut.

oh ouch. i feel bad she got booed since none of this wasn't her fault.

Really shit for the fans, and yeah they have every right to be pissed. Doesn't take one hour to reboot a video or whatever other excuse they come up with.

if she was gonna plan on starting around 9:30 its possible that when they find a technical issue it takes more than 5 minutes to fix. ever had a computer problem? seems like a stupid silly problem at first but then the problem doesn't solve and you need to keep trying to find ways to fix it. and im sure those big screens aren't easy to fix. it quickly takes 15 minutes, 20, then 25..

Really shit for the fans, and yeah they have every right to be pissed. Doesn't take one hour to reboot a video or whatever other excuse they come up with.

sure Jan

of course it's just an excuse

of course she was just procrastinating and doing her nails in her bathroom

fucking Christ

if she was gonna plan on starting around 9:30 its possible that when they find a technical issue it takes more than 5 minutes to fix. ever had a computer problem? seems like a stupid silly problem at first but then the problem doesn't solve and you need to keep trying to find ways to fix it. and im sure those big screens aren't easy to fix. it quickly takes 15 minutes, 20, then 25..

Look, we all know Madonna's history with start times these last two tours, If you want to believe some technical problem is responsible each and every time, that's up to you.

UK arenas have an 11pm curfew (which she just happens to always meet in London) Either come on early enough to play the full set, or don't book those arenas. Simple.

Just in from the show - and even for me that was bizarre!

I was at MDNA Santiago where the entire first section was cut - but this was worse IMO.

First that cryptic announcement after the support DJ had everyone wondering wtf was going on ("show will end at 11:30pm - due to a problem not caused by the arena or the artist").

Then as it got closer to 10pm I reaslied if things really were to end at 11:30, some serious amount of stuff was gonna have to be cut!

But I would say - smarter to have cut maybe that OYH stuff - so as to give enough time for MG to go straight into UB. "Bye Bye Bitches" would have been a cleaner ending (she could have easily skipped La Vie without issue). And UB is a real highlight of the show.

Anyway - just one thing - I was up with "the general public" as usual (!) and seriously most of them didn't realise what had happened. I talked to one girl who said "yeah we missed Ghosttown didn't we?" as we were walking out.

Loved her shutting down Monte during OYH - that was funny!

Tbh the crowd were shit. An announcement was made as soon as Mary Mac was done that the show was running late because of an issue. They shouldn't have been booing. People in this country just love to moan and kick up a fuss about nothing. When she was on the crowd was cheering a lot and everyone was happy. If they'd let her do Holiday after Material Girl, people wouldn't have realised and everyone would be happy. Now everyone will say how awful she is and slam her and I HATE that because she was so good.

Is Madonna alright? Read earlier on that she did hit her head under the stage and couldn't concentrate on the chords for WTG so she did Open Your Heart, I am worried about her :ohmy:

are you joking? are serious?

I work in IT. For any serious IT system you always have a "disaster recovery" plan which would natually vary due to the significance or importance of a system.

I would expect the biggest touring act in the entire world to have multiple backup plans. "The backup" not being in a usable state would cause major heads to roll where I work.

Feel sorry for genuine "normal" fans who were just seeing this stop of the tour. The rest of us can deal with it. :-)

sure Jan

of course it's just an excuse

of course she was just procrastinating and doing her nails in her bathroom

fucking Christ

Get real. She's ADMITTED as much. She has "a lot to do" during the day. Moaning that Oseary is always getting on at her about start times etc MDNA in Edinburgh, she even told the crowd at soundcheck that the show might get cut, not that she'd try and get out on time, but that it would probably get cut because of an 11pm curfew, and sure enough she rolled up at 9:40 and cut songs out. It's ridiculous.

Well, at least she was able to do most of the show. All there was left was UB and Holiday.