Jackie Collins on Madonna

Jazzy Jan

I was going to put this in the "Celebrities who love Madonna" thread but thought Jackie deserved her own thread. She had been a Madonna fan for years and has defended her and loved her for decades.

Jackie Collins was a fantastic person. I always loved her interviews. She was intelligent, professional with a great sense of humour that always stood out. I know from my cousin who met her that she was just the same in person and appreciated and joked with her fans. The way she coped with her cancer and how she tried to spare her family from the heart-ache of them knowing was incredible and showed what a thoughtful, strong and caring women she was.

Today, I was going through my "Hello" magazines that I picked up from the newsagent and there was an interview with Jackie Collins. It was in a September issue and would have been printed just after her death. Jackie had this to say about Madonna Copying paragraphs below

"Lucky's like James Bond - she's ageless, she's strong, she's all woman" At 77, is Jackie reluctant to think about her own age?

" I think too much emphasis is put on how old woman are" she says. " Madonna, for instance, looks incredible and is powerful and amazing and all they ever talk about is that she's 50-something. What is she supposed to be? Dead ? There is a fabulous quote 'Age is a question of mind over matter - if you don't mind, it doesn't matter. "

Actress-and-author-Jackie-Collins.jpg

I was going to put this in the "Celebrities who love Madonna" thread but thought Jackie deserved her own thread. She had been a Madonna fan for years and has defended her and loved her for decades.

Jackie Collins was a fantastic person. I always loved her interviews. She was intelligent, professional with a great sense of humour that always stood out. I know from my cousin who met her that she was just the same in person and appreciated and joked with her fans. The way she coped with her cancer and how she tried to spare her family from the heart-ache of them knowing was incredible and showed what a thoughtful, strong and caring women she was.

Today, I was going through my "Hello" magazines that I picked up from the newsagent and there was an interview with Jackie Collins. It was in a September issue and would have been printed just after her death. Jackie had this to say about Madonna Copying paragraphs below

"Lucky's like James Bond - she's ageless, she's strong, she's all woman" At 77, is Jackie reluctant to think about her own age?

" I think too much emphasis is put on how old woman are" she says. " Madonna, for instance, looks incredible and is powerful and amazing and all they ever talk about is that she's 50-something. What is she supposed to be? Dead ? There is a fabulous quote 'Age is a question of mind over matter - if you don't mind, it doesn't matter. "

this is her at 77 yo? Lucky bitch..

:thumbsup::angel: