Antwerp - November 28

BackHome

:lol: I don't think she understood the meaning and reference of his outfit!

lol and part of me wants her to have that outfit on

So after months of anticipating and preparations myself and my man, my sister in law and my nine year old niece got in the car and took of to Antwerp. We stoppedto dosome shopping and the big Wijnegem shopping center and then made our way to our hotel. After a quick freshupwe made our way to the venue. Because i got floor tickets and the other three got level 1 standing tickets we said goodbye and wished each other a great show. I was quickly in the venue and after i got rid of my jacket and sweater i made my way to the floor. It was already (19.30) quite packed round the catwalk, so no front row for me. After reading reviews here i decided to tryand getthe best spot at the tip of the penis. At first i was like row 10, but during the waiting and show i got even a few rows closer. Then the waiting started. I looked for my spouse and family and saw them. We texted alot and myniece loved everything. She was mega excited!!

The support act, i could have done without. What was that? Everyone around me complained and they were right. Not the best. After an hour or so of noise the lights went back on and the countdown started for Madonna to come on. I told my man that when M. Jackson would blast through the speakers the show would start. And sooner then expected there was 'wanna be startin' something'......it was going to begin!!

The lights went out and the show started!

The opening...wow what can i say. it looked beautiful and the build up to her entrance is just epic, iconic ;) The crowd went wild when she lowered from the ceiling. She almost fell though at the end of the song. Nothing serious though.

The girls next to me went crazy when they recognized 'Bitch i'm madonna'. It got a huge respond and it was a fierce choreo and again backdrop. The show was off to a big start.'Burning up' even got the crowd more wild as they sang along. 'Holy water' i was expecting a lot from after reading the reviews but it didnt do much forme. It was a visual feast though. The part i thought was cool was the "church choir" for a lack of a better description and the last supper. Very cool done. 'Devil pray' is the favorite song of my niece on rebel heart so iknew she was going wild! As did the crowd. Again cool choreo.

'Messiah' was really beautiful. Great visuals and dancing.

The backdrop of 'Body shop' i thought was really cool. So much happening on the stage, Grease 2.0. Loved it. Then she took the time to talk to the audience and started the side number one vs. side number twocompetition...and it was clear side number two was winning by far for being the loudest.

'True blue' was a real crowd pleaser. Everyone in the arena sang along. What a gem that song is, and how grateful i am to finally hear it live. So cute and moving!!

'Deeper and deeper' oh my god....finally after 93 i hear it live again as it is supposed to be....i was dancing and jumping and i'm sure everyone thought i was going nuts....i don't care...this song is life!!

'Heartbreak city', a real highlight for me. It's one of my favorites from 'Rebel heart' and it is done in sucha epic way....great choreo by marvin. Goosebumps....when marvin fell the girls next to me screamed as did others in the arena....very cool!

'Like a virgin', she can get on stage allbyherself and entertain the shit out of us....she has such charisma, star attitude. Again a great version of the classic and the crowd went wild. At the end of the song there were some slight technical difficulties so the crew came and carried/helped her of the circular stage that didnt come down. The lights alsodindt go up, soicouldnt see muchof the 'S. E. X'-interlude. But i don't thing i missed much.

'Living for love' i think has such a great and dramatic opening with the cape and walk. The crowd loved it and sang along.The choreo again is breathtaking as is the backdrop. I would have preferred the original version or the version she did at the Grammy's though.

'La isla bonita' was another highlight for me. I've heard it on previous tours, but this version was so cool. The dancing, singing, the crowd around me....we all were very much into it.

I've read mixed reviews about the medley but i thought it was pure fun, nothing pretentious, justher having fun and my gosh i'm thankful for her giving us these snippets in a spanish vibe! I loved it! After it was done she was so playful and funny with the maracas and justin. I loved when the male dancers gave him his last slap on the ass...i just love her! i can't remember if who's thatgirl or do'nt tell me came first but i loved both. 'Who's that girl'...after all these years finally hearing it live...wow! The entire crowd sang along and it was such a crowd pleaser. Really special. 'Don't tell me' again the entire crowd sang along and i like this version. Seems it has more bass and the guitar is slightly electric? It must be sucha great feeling standing on the stage and feel the love from 15.000 people. Natural high. I know i was.

During 'Rebel heart' the crowd clapped and sang along, which surprised me that most of the people around me knew the words to this sing....we are all rebel hearts! Except the people sitting down on the second level of side number one hihi..

Another highlight forme was 'Illuminati'....wowi dind't expect this. The guy on the tipof the penis almost touched my hand. Circque du soleil! Wow!!

'Music' was funny as she was bitching to her musical director for not getting her que's. Funny!! Again another great rendition of a great song!! Crowd pleaser number....i don't know!!

'Candy shop' is not one of my all-time favorites but i have to admit this version again kicked ass. Great choreo!!

'Material girl' had great choreo as well and was funny. She clearly has fun performing this song and was well receieved by the crowd. Poor david (the guy who got most part of the bouquet) had allthe was looking for in a man except cash! But she said they still could be friends ;)

Well i knew that when i saw the setlist 'La vie en rose' would be special in antwerp. and it was...15.000 people singing along to this beautiful song gave me goosebumps. They loved it! Then she even did sing a few lines from 'Diamonds are a girls best friend' wow!

'Unapologetic bitch' came and it was this guy from Nicaragua whogot picked....well....just search youtube for the hilarious dialogue hihi.

Then it was time for the last song 'Holiday'....again a great crowd pleaser. Not the best version in my opinion music wise but the choreo and the way she exited from the stage were very cool!

This show was so great and i loved every minute of it. I guess it's her longest time on stage for a show and everytime i think she cannot top herself but i think she did again with this show! Thank you madonna. thank you for giving me light, fun, inspiration, something to think about. just,thank you.

The show and Madonna were simply amazing.

I just can't with some of the stuff that's been written, even

though the reviews can b classified as mainly 'positive'...

the shit that's been written in so called quality publications.

I read one part of a review where the writer referred 2 a part of

the show where an 'amateur male flamenco dance class' took place.

I just had 2 stop reading.

Now as 4 that audience, wow. So much love people were sooooo happy.

I'm talking the slightly older non gay hetero sexual immaculate collection

nostalgia fans.

Everyone was talking about how warm & funny and fantastic she was.

She played way past public transport time, and I don't think I saw a single

person leave 2 catch a train or a bus.

I have a coworker who got a free ticket at work

but wasn't really bothered, she went at the last minute & fell in love with Madonna

...she was still raving 2day at how Brilliant it was! She was even pissed at some of the negative

comments she read online. Obviously I'm biased, but if a non-interested person like that walks away from a Madonna concert like a new born fan, u just know it was fucking GREAT!

I'm so proud of Antwerp (& lord knows I hate that place :lmao:)

Thank you Acko for your review and setting the record straight. I do not understand all the comments about the crowd being angry or not into the show. Did these people really see the show because after their negativity is swallowed up by possitive comments like yours, all is good. It happens all the time.

The show and Madonna were simply amazing.

I just can't with some of the stuff that's been written, even

though the reviews can b classified as mainly 'positive'...

the shit that's been written in so called quality publications.

I read one part of a review where the writer referred 2 a part of

the show where an 'amateur male flamenco dance class' took place.

I just had 2 stop reading.

Now as 4 that audience, wow. So much love people were sooooo happy.

I'm talking the slightly older non gay hetero sexual immaculate collection

nostalgia fans.

Everyone was talking about how warm & funny and fantastic she was.

She played way past public transport time, and I don't think I saw a single

person leave 2 catch a train or a bus.

I have a coworker who got a free ticket at work

but wasn't really bothered, she went at the last minute & fell in love with Madonna

...she was still raving 2day at how Brilliant it was! She was even pissed at some of the negative

comments she read online. Obviously I'm biased, but if a non-interested person like that walks away from a Madonna concert like a new born fan, u just know it was fucking GREAT!

I'm so proud of Antwerp (& lord knows I hate that place :lmao:)

Lets be honest acko, the reviews are horrible. I dont get it. this shit makes me want to leave this country. or am I being too dramatic now? the concert was amazing. the world loved it. but belgium critics (aside from maybe one?) always have to get to her. I wanted to scream it at the top of my lungs that it was sold out and the public loved it on my personal Facebook, but then they would just label me a blind fan (and I normally dont post about her so it would just be.. i dont know.. "random" and weird?)

It's so unfair.

Thank you Acko for your review and setting the record straight. I do not understand all the comments about the crowd being angry or not into the show. Did these people really see the show because after their negativity is swallowed up by possitive comments like yours, all is good. It happens all the time.

Min 5:30

"Thank you Antwerp, you've been a great crowd!"

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PcTFB6KPYDc