Mannheim concert

Hapertje

I just wanna go out tonight (i.e. next morning)

Put me under the flashing lights (i.e. night bus lights)

Awwwooohhhhhh

Let me blow out this ho use tonight (i.e. 4am waking everyone up)

We go hard or we go home (at 5am)

We go do this all night long (morning really)

We get freaky if you want (OMG I wonder if I can get 3am kebab shop?)

NA NA NA NA AN ..

I don't know what the big fuss is. They already said she was going to be late.

yes, the email said M will be on stage at 22,15. But she came on stage at 23. So its late. Thats the point we are talking about. Thats the fuss. Its a bit too late, because its monday tomorrow and people will go work.

I just wanna go out tonight (i.e. next morning)

Put me under the flashing lights (i.e. night bus lights)

Awwwooohhhhhh

Let me blow out this ho use tonight (i.e. 4am waking everyone up)

We go hard or we go home (at 5am)

We go do this all night long (morning really)

We get freaky if you want (OMG I wonder if I can get 3am kebab shop?)

NA NA NA NA AN ..

loves this :laugh:

yes, the email said M will be on stage at 22,15. But she came on stage at 23. So its late. Thats the point we are talking about. Thats the fuss. Its a bit too late, because its monday tomorrow and people will go work.

But that's only 45 minutes late, that's not too bad considering they had to move the stage in one day.

But that's only 45 minutes late, that's not too bad considering they had to move the stage in one day.

I know I dont have a problem with it. If you read my review on cologne then you would know that I drove 3 hours to Cologne, waited 2 hours outside, I was in the arena at 19.30 and waited till 22 and saw the show thill 00.15. After the show I met Mario from this forum, we were talking and then I was driving back home. I was at 4,30 at home, had to stand up at 6 and go to the court. I felt shitty but still it was all worth. But I am a Fan, I dont think that many regular people who goes and waits for M are happy with it.

How late would be too bad?

11 p.m. isn't that bad. I think before midnight isn't that bad. That would mean the show ends around 1 a.m. How many people really go to bed at 11 p.m. every night before work anyway? A lot of people stay up late occasionally watching tv, surfing the net whatever if they're honest. It's just one night.

Please people, Madonna doesn't get up and say to herself that tonight my show will be late and piss people off. There are many other circumstances like technical issues. I really don't think this is in her control. I do sympathize with the ones that it causes a large inconvenience and time issues.

is it over? did the lovely germans tie her up and burnt her while she sang Joan of Arc? come on Mannheimers, give us some input on the butchery!

The show was incredible!!! Madonna was so sweet and funny and beautiful. Amazing vocals, too! I'll post more tomorrow, have to drive home now. I'm gonna be a mess at work tomorrow

I'm glad u enjoyed the show. What time is it there now?

I am DEAD.

Was queueing since 1pm (had GA tickets) in the freezing cold and was starting to tell myself never again but now I know fuck yeah!!! I'd do it again any second. Got into front row at the right side of the stage, where the catwalk meets the cross. Once again I'm DEAD!!! Great great spot. There's defo less interaction happening than at the heart but on the other hand you get to be much closer to most of thr performances. And for UB, La Vie En Rose (which makes my heart melt), Holy Water...she was right there in front of me!!! :dramatic:

Yes she started very late, must have been at around 11pm. She apologized for it though before True Blue and despite the lateness she was actually very very playful and in a great mood!!! She joked around a lot, I'd say more than usual. Somehow she caught the word "Schnitzel" (a type of meat which is popular here - although it's actually Austrian) and kept repeating it at random parts through the show :lol: Her final words in Holiday were "Thank you Schnitzel" :lmao:

She skipped the medley (which was expected) but at least I finally got to hear Who's That Girl! :)

Audience was lame (once again, as expected) and only on fire once Holiday started, but I couldn't have cared less, I was singing from the top of my lungs and so were the lovely fans next to me :)

I'm actually not sure why I'm writing all of this down right now since I'll have to catch a train in 4 hours, so I should actually sleep right now...but whatever, I'm still too much on a high!! I'll post some more stuff tomorrow :)

I am DEAD.

Was queueing since 1pm (had GA tickets) in the freezing cold and was starting to tell myself never again but now I know fuck yeah!!! I'd do it again any second. Got into front row at the right side of the stage, where the catwalk meets the cross. Once again I'm DEAD!!! Great great spot. There's defo less interaction happening than at the heart but on the other hand you get to be much closer to most of thr performances. And for UB, La Vie En Rose (which makes my heart melt), Holy Water...she was right there in front of me!!! :dramatic:

Yes she started very late, must have been at around 11pm. She apologized for it though before True Blue and despite the lateness she was actually very very playful and in a great mood!!! She joked around a lot, I'd say more than usual. Somehow she caught the word "Schnitzel" (a type of meat which is popular here - although it's actually Austrian) and kept repeating it at random parts through the show :lol: Her final words in Holiday were "Thank you Schnitzel" :lmao:

She skipped the medley (which was expected) but at least I finally got to hear Who's That Girl! :)

Audience was lame (once again, as expected) and only on fire once Holiday started, but I couldn't have cared less, I was singing from the top of my lungs and so were the lovely fans next to me :)

I'm actually not sure why I'm writing all of this down right now since I'll have to catch a train in 4 hours, so I should actually sleep right now...but whatever, I'm still too much on a high!! I'll post some more stuff tomorrow :)

Thx for the review. Sleep well

Ok I got home now (it's 3 am) but I decided to post a short review now, not sure if I will have time tomorrow.

I arrived at the arena around 7:30, that was also the time when they were supposed to let people in. But it took FOREVER to get in, because they only had 3 security people at my gate. That was ridiculous compared to what I experienced in Prague where it was all very professionally done. Anyway, we got in and I had a spot right at the heart stage, 5th row or so.

Lunice started his set at 9:15 and played for an hour. I expected the worst but it was actually quite good and very danceable. Most people didn't expect Madonna to come on stage before 10:15 because that's what was written in the email of the ticketing agency. So around 10 the arena got full and then at 10:15 they made the announcement that there is going to be a delay and that she will be on stage at 10:45. The audience booed and many people, who just entered the arena, left again. lol Probably to get another drink or something. As Nonoka already said, she was on stage around 11 (at 10:53 to be exact) and she was in a really great mood tonight. I'd say even better than when I saw her in Prague (1st night). She apologized for being late and explained that the way from Antwerpen to Mannheim is a long long drive (it's not really that long but anyway). ;) The crowd cheered a bit and applauded but as expected, they were quite reserved and most people didn't dance, sadly. The floor wasn't as packed as usual, so I had enough room to dance and experience the show in a very relaxed way. There were many children and 'old' people at the show, which was great to see. Music makes the people come together indeed.

The guy who caught the bouquet (Patrick) was cute but I believe he couldn't speak English that well or he was just too nervous. Even Madonna noticed it and said something like "I believe you don't understand anything I say. But that's ok because my ex husbands didn't understand anything I said either". He was also the Unapologetic Bitch and when he joined M on stage, she noticed that his shirt said "Madonna made me gay". Hilarious because up to that point he was her 'husband' of the evening. She made some jokes about it, like "am I allowed to see other men? Are you going to see other men, too?" to which he responded 'yes' and they both laughed.

It was great to finally hear Who's That Girl live. I wasn't really looking forward to this acoustic rendition but it was beautiful when the audience sang along to the chorus. Candy Shop remains a highlight for me - that beat is SICK and I love the choreography for it. It's really quite ironic that this little album track got 3 outings on tour already and all of them rock.

That's it, I think. Show ended at 1:00 and I needed 45 minutes to get out of the parking space and another 45 minutes to get to Frankfurt. It's gonna be a short night but it was definitely worth it. I wish I could see the show one more time...

He was also the Unapologetic Bitch and when he joined M on stage, she noticed that his shirt said "Madonna made me gay". Hilarious because up to that point he was her 'husband' of the evening. She made some jokes about it, like "am I allowed to see other men? Are you going to see other men, too?" to which he responded 'yes' and they both laughed.

aww... I love my Jokedonna :laugh: