Mannheim concert

Hapertje

I just wanna go out tonight (i.e. next morning)

Put me under the flashing lights (i.e. night bus lights)

Awwwooohhhhhh

Let me blow out this ho use tonight (i.e. 4am waking everyone up)

We go hard or we go home (at 5am)

We go do this all night long (morning really)

We get freaky if you want (OMG I wonder if I can get 3am kebab shop?)

NA NA NA NA AN ..

:laugh:

See which flavor you like and I'll have it for you
Come on in to my store, I've got schnitzel galore

Meatball kisses so good, you'll be begging for more
Don't pretend you're not hungry, there's plenty to eat
Come on into my store, cause my sausage is sweet

madonna-and-bacon.jpg

. Got into front row at the right side of the stage, where the catwalk meets the cross. Once again I'm DEAD!!! Great great spot. There's defo less interaction happening than at the heart but on the other hand you get to be much closer to most of thr performances. And for UB, La Vie En Rose (which makes my heart melt), Holy Water...she was right there in front of me!!! :dramatic:

I had the exact same spot in Prague :dramatic: it was amaaaazing!

. Somehow she caught the word "Schnitzel" (a type of meat which is popular here - although it's actually Austrian) and kept repeating it at random parts through the show :lol: Her final words in Holiday were "Thank you Schnitzel" :lmao:

:lmao::rotfl: this is why i love her sense of humour

Great reviews Nonoka and DagIN!! glad u had a good time!

Great reviews! :)

Sounds like M had fun! I think it's very good that she explained the reason for the lateness.

I just read two reviews. There is absolutely nothing negative in it. In one review they pointed out that she explained the lateness. They said much about the big and costly stage, the great dancers and about Madonna being in a playful mood. So the reviews are really good.

http://www.morgenweb.de/nachrichten/kultur/regionale-kultur/1.2541792

http://www.mannheim24.de/mannheim/mannheim-madonna-ihrer-rebel-heart-tour-ausverkauften-sap-arena-5906266.html

Edited by Nora

Good Lord.....the press and some of the public love to go on about Madonna being 57 and too old for this and that.......but let the woman go on stage at 11PM and all those same people sound like they are 87.......stay up til 2AM....on a SUNDAY!?! :clutches pearls:. Meanwhile, there is "old ass" M doing back flips across the stage at midnight......lol.

I get people have jobs, kids, obligations and the ticket says a much earlier time......I fully "get it"........but when the hell did Madonna fans start sounding soooooo old and crotchety.....lol. This is rock and roll people not a night at the opera!! Lol

Guest Rachelle of London

I'm 24 and would be pretty pissed at queuing up all day in the freezing cold and having to leave the concert early to make sure I get on the last train. It's okay in venues where you can arrive at the show and your seat is there waiting and your city has car parking so you can jump in your car and drive home but GA in Europe is a nightmare. A lot of the people complaining were probably cold, tired and hungry. In hindsight I bet they look back and realise they had a great time.

Yes, I'm partly joking......I'm sure I would be a little testy after queuing all day and not being able to eat etc...it's......like you said though, the memories would all be seen with rose-tinted glasses, especially if she was as good as it sounds like she was tonight! :-) I am glad she acknowledged she was late being late....lol.

I'm 24 and would be pretty pissed at queuing up all day in the freezing cold and having to leave the concert early to make sure I get on the last train. It's okay in venues where you can arrive at the show and your seat is there waiting and your city has car parking so you can jump in your car and drive home but GA in Europe is a nightmare. A lot of the people complaining were probably cold, tired and hungry. In hindsight I bet they look back and realise they had a great time.

I agree. I think the GA is more the problem than her being a little late. I don't get why they have GA in Europe? Even if she comes on at the regular time you still have to arrive so early and stand all that time. And it's hard to go and get a drink or go to the bathroom without losing your spot. To me, GA should never be in large venues or arenas, it should only be in small clubs with indie or rock acts. That is the way it always is in the US.

I think with fans like all of us - we know to expect this kind of thing. The show starting mega late sometimes is part of what we know.

For that reason - cos of some seriously bad past experiences - I always book a hotel within walking distance of the venue and I try to avoid booking a flight home early the next day.

But that's us. The vast, vast majority of people at these shows are not die-hard fans and are not clued into any of this.

I was at Barcelona concerts surrounded by Spanish people of all ages (a man who I would say was possibly in his 80s wasn't far from my seat) and all sorts of couples - and I could see many of them leaving as it approached midnight (the show did not end until half past midnight), possibly since the Barcelona metro on a weeknight stops operating around that time.

So it's not fun for people. Who've paid a load of money to see a concert - and who are used to acts starting their shows maybe between 8pm and 9pm typically. They're sitting waiting for a show to start not knowing when that might be or what the hell is going on - in Barcelona it was about 10:15pm on both nights by the time she surfaced.

I don't think it's good! The show is amazing - but having a nightmare getting home afterwards and hanging aroung all night waiting for something to start, does not add to the experience at all. :-)

Jamsey, I agree with everything you say. No matter how good the show is the late starts leave the public with a nasty aftertaste. If your lasting memory of the show is missing the last part and rushing to catch the last train that's not good. People think twice about shelling out top dollar for the next tour which is why she's struggling in some markets this time round. Unless there is a major technical problem she really needs to make

sure she is onstage at a reasonable time.

Why did the crowd boo when the fan answered where he was from :/?

I didn't get that either. Karlsruhe is a city not that far from Mannhein. I'm sure the boo's were done in a playful way here, like you would boo at an opposing football team or something like that...But I think Madonna was confused about the boo's as well

Worst crowd like ever.

Yeah I watched a few performances but I can't bear to watch anymore footage cause I get so much secondhand embarrassment from watching the subdued crowd.

I didn't get that either. Karlsruhe is a city not that far from Mannhein. I'm sure the boo's were done in a playful way here, like you would boo at an opposing football team or something like that...But I think Madonna was confused about the boo's as well

I felt so sorry for the fan cause he seemed like the biggest sweetheart and was very nervous so it's a shame about the booing directed at him. As you said, hopefully it was just playful.

I was at the concert too and this is the way I started my birthday :-) there was no other best way to celebrate my birthday while attending a madonna concert. THIS time, I liked it very much, she was in a good mood, crowd was ok, not as in south america of course, but still, Madonna just proved how good she is, how professional she is and HOW human she is. She joked much, talked much, was in a good mood, of course the show was groundbreaking again. Thank you, am so proud and happy to have been there. I am even thinking of going again, may b in asia:))