Adele on Madonna: Various Interviews

MLVC82

they

all

worship

at the altar of the Queen.

"The direct sonic influence is hard to find, but one of the chief inspirations for 25 was Madonna's Ray of Light. "You know what I found so amazing about that record?" Adele says. "That's the record Madonna wrote after having her first child, and for me, it's her best. I was so all over the place after having a child, just because my chemicals were just hitting the fucking roof and shit like that." She felt detached from her artistic self. "I was just drifting away, and I couldn't find that many examples for myself where I was like, 'Fuck, they truly came back to themselves,' until someone was like, 'Well, obviously, Ray of Light.'" Adele listened to it over and over, and was particularly captivated by "Frozen." "I took that song as 'I've gotten my confidence to come and do me again.' "

This takes me back to an interview with Madonna during the support of Evita I think it was when she was asked if today's female artists give her enough credit for the doors she has opened and Madonna said no, and when asked if they should give her credit she gave a little laugh and said yes.

Its obvious at that time that the people she greatly inspired hadn't become old enough yet to be in the music business to give praise to the Queen because just a year or two later with new teen pop explosion, every new artist on the scene was worshipping at her alter and its been that way since with each new generation of pop girls.

That's why when she shows up to award shows now its not like she is showing up with her fellow peers. She is treated like royalty and a total guest of honor where every younger artist there is losing their shit just to be in the same space as her.

Always loved Adele. I also think Ray of Light is M's best album. Perfection from start to finish.

Madonna's greatest records:

Madonna

True Blue

Like a Prayer

Ray of Light

Music

Confessions on a Dance Floor

carry on...

EROTICA.

CONFESSIONS.

are PERFECT albums....start to finish........others have AMAZING tracks...but aren't a completely perfect album.

for me.

Madonna's greatest records:

Madonna

True Blue

Like a Prayer

Ray of Light

Music

Confessions on a Dance Floor

carry on...

Gurl you need to show some love for Rebel Heart! *smack*

Its almost impossible for me to rank Madonna's albums at this point, but ROL will probably always be my #1.

That whole time was beyond magical. Everything came together perfectly.

:lol: Very nice to hear her give Madonna props. It is interesting to see what female artists come back with once they've had their first taste of motherhood. Beyonce came back from having a baby with a full on sexual album.

Because she never carried the baby :lmao: