WHAT ABOUT: the fact that "Lucky Star" vid is lower quality on CELERY than TIC DVD

Apples388

The Celebration DVD was a wasted opportunity, why didn't they remaster all the videos? Why didn't they include the uncensored versions Erotica and JML? And where's the Director's Cut of "American Life"?

:shy:

The Celebration DVD was a wasted opportunity, why didn't they remaster all the videos? Why didn't they include the uncensored versions Erotica and JML? And where's the Director's Cut of "American Life"?

Not to mention all the videos left off of it!

Because it's so frustrating. Such an amazing legacy and her team seems not to give two sh*ts about it. Her YouTube channel is a mess too. Try to find I'll remember video or Die another day on YouTube, for example.

Still love it, but if they wanted to keep the track list as it was released, maybe a third "bonus" DVD could have been included to include all the left off videos. Have seen several artists do something similar, so why not Madonna?

I was still here when it came out, I think. I was shocked and appalled with the overall poor image quality of the DVD. Maybe it was deliberate? I remember I bought it at the time of the release for a very cheap price (no more than 10 dollars, I think).

If I recall- LS on Celebration is the original-original video, isn't it? The one on TIC DVD is that alternate take- though the one on the VHS is the original- I think. Do I have it right? :)

She definitely should have an extravagant compilation of the best videos (or all). But, until that happens, if it ever does, gotta make due with what we got.

Meh i mean.. I wouldn't buy a DVD with music videos unless it was the COMPLETE COLLECTION

It's not the early 2000s anymore, you know? :lol:

When the day comes where it is the complete collection of all of her videos in a great remastered quality then i will buy it

I've watched the Celebration DVD on a HD television screen and still don't understand what is wrong with the picture quality.

:dazed:

This is how I feel when I listen to the Celebration compilation; I never hear the faults in the audio that people comment about :laugh:

This is how I feel when I listen to the Celebration compilation; I never hear the faults in the audio that people comment about :laugh:

Erotica is very obvious, it's obviously a poor cross fade and clearly wasn't reviewed once cut. I've never heard to problems with Hollywood that people have mentioned.

I've watched the Celebration DVD on a HD television screen and still don't understand what is wrong with the picture quality.

:dazed:

It's grainy in quality... at least on my TV. it doesn't look like any other DVD I own, lol. I was kind of pissed after spending my hard earned dollars and it's not even DVD quality image.

Luckily if i sit back far enough from the TV, the graininess is not as apparent. AND the sound quality for the videos is stunning.

Guest Rocco Papa

It's grainy in quality... at least on my TV. it doesn't look like any other DVD I own, lol. I was kind of pissed after spending my hard earned dollars and it's not even DVD quality image.

Luckily if i sit back far enough from the TV, the graininess is not as apparent. AND the sound quality for the videos is stunning.

I guess I'm just not very picky then. It's watchable for me, so I don't mind. It's definitely not the same as a pixelated YouTube video. That's reaching IMO.

I guess I'm just not very picky then. It's watchable for me, so I don't mind.

+1

I find the censored version of JML much more offensive when it comes to this release.

"Erotica" on the CD is silly- why didn't they just take the version from GHV2?

I don't have any major issues with the DVD quality. I mean, it's like watching old movies- they're not going to be the quality of newer releases, no matter what they do.

"Erotica" on the CD is silly- why didn't they just take the version from GHV2?

They did fix Erotica and Cherish on subsequent CD pressings and digital releases, but all the other known issues remain. I wish they took care of Music and Dress You Up as well...

Actually they did. The videos and respective soundtracks are remastered.

They just were very poorly encoded to dvd.

To put it simple: you can only record a certain amount of data on a dvd disc. About 4.5 gb of data per disc. Some discs have two layers of data (dual-layer) so you can put about 9gb of information in one of those, but it means they are more expensive to produce.

Instead of using as many discs as necessary to put all the videos in the best quality possible, they decided to downgrade the quality of the videos and make smaller files to squeeze them all in two single-layer discs.

To give you an idea, with two single layers disc the compilation shouldn't have more than around 30 videos in order to present them in the best quality posible. It has 47.