NY Times: Tour Industry Plans Changes in Response to Attacks (Madonna mentioned)

Apples388

I saw all three shows after 9/11 and they were all amazing. She was truly revolutionary and fearless in this moment. She did not profit from these shows and actually much professional strife occurred for her due to them.

By September 13 - no one thought tens of thousands of people had died. Quit trying to rewrite history for yourself.

I can't understand how a Madonna fan wouldn't understand her need to march on. It's exactly her very essence for the last 30 years. Inappropriate is just another form of thinking others should act like you. Thank heavens Madonna doesn't think this way or give two cents about the appropriate police.

She is the voice that won't be silenced.

This

Well... its a huge risk to be so openly on the stage... easy target. But being the light n the Messiah of spreading compassion for one another, kindess and respect, she had to do it no matter what emotional baggage she carried. She is willing to die for wat she believes in... peace for the world.

Guest bluejean

To this day I don't understand why she did a show two days after 9/11. I still think it was inappropriate. Yes I understand don't let the terrorists win, bla bla bla. But by that Thursday, they thought that tens of thousands of people had died. She could have just skipped one show and lost the money.

No. It had nothing to do with the money. She made her stance on this very clear in last night's speech and I am glad she continues to stand by that. These arseholes want to suck the joy out of lives and put us in a state of fear and confusion. DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN. KEEP LIVING. Honestly. I'd rather die than not live freely.

Guest bluejean

I saw all three shows after 9/11 and they were all amazing. She was truly revolutionary and fearless in this moment. She did not profit from these shows and actually much professional strife occurred for her due to them.

By September 13 - no one thought tens of thousands of people had died. Quit trying to rewrite history for yourself.

I can't understand how a Madonna fan wouldn't understand her need to march on. It's exactly her very essence for the last 30 years. Inappropriate is just another form of thinking others should act like you. Thank heavens Madonna doesn't think this way or give two cents about the appropriate police.

She is the voice that won't be silenced.

THANK YOU, WELL SAID

By the way she donated proceeds from the last DWTshows to the 9/11 fund.

Stupid asshole so called "fans" trying to rewrite history.

I imagined that would have been the case. Like Madonna was giving a fuck about money, it was a HUGE security risk to go on stage after those attacks and I bet she was advised to cancel or postpone.

No. It had nothing to do with the money. She made her stance on this very clear in last night's speech and I am glad she continues to stand by that. These arseholes want to suck the joy out of lives and put us in a state of fear and confusion. DO NOT LET IT HAPPEN. KEEP LIVING. Honestly. I'd rather die than not live freely.

I m with you

I believe every word she said at her speech in Stockholm. It is not about money (I'm sure she/they have insurance if they have to cancel shows). It is about continue to celebrate life and not let terrorism take that away from us. I think she will only cancel if the threat gets too high to go on, for both her and her fans.

I believe every word she said at her speech in Stockholm. It is not about money (I'm sure she/they have insurance if they have to cancel shows). It is about continue to celebrate life and not let terrorism take that away from us. I think she will only cancel if the threat gets too high to go on, for both her and her fans.

Precisely :thumbsup:

I would not blame her for cancelling shows and understand why other performers would be worried. However, we only have to listen to her speech at the Stockholm concert to understand why she is continuing and she should be applauded for it. She always does what she thinks and knows is the right thing to do.

Not just from an intellectual and principle standpoint, but she follows her heart too.

It's ludicrous that anyone would think that she didn't cancel because of potential lost revenue or that it was inappropriate to carry on with the shows.