How do you feel about CELEBRATION

Shane

Her hits collections are a bit of a clusterfuck. Who else leaves off number one songs, multiple times? I agree I'll Remember seems the biggest oversight.

I DO like the inclusion of Everybody, and Burning Up, they seem vital despite being non hits.

Hollywood and Miles Away make no sense at all.

I don't hate Revolver and Celebration, but they are decent album tracks at best, they don't belong on a greatest hits collection.

Guest Rocco Papa

I think Celebration should've been the only new song (even though I do like Revolver), there should've been single/radio edits of all the songs (except for Hung Up), and certain songs should've been replaced with others. For instance, I don't think they should've included songs from The Immaculate Collection period (1982-1990) that didn't make it on TIC album. Everybody, Burning Up, and Dress You Up should've been left off in favor of TUTBMP, Deeper and Deeper, and Human Nature. The only song from TIC period I'm willing to make an exception for is Who's That Girl. Miles Away and Revolver should've been replaced with Rain and You'll See.

It still wouldn't be perfect, but I think it would've made for a more even tracklisting.

DISC ONE
1. Holiday
2. Lucky Star
3. Borderline
4. Like A Virgin
5. Material Girl
6. Crazy For You
7. Into the Groove
8. Live To Tell
9. Papa Don't Preach
10. Open Your Heart
11. La Isla Bonita
12. Who's That Girl
13. Like A Prayer
14. Express Yourself
15. Cherish
16. Vogue
17. Justify My Love
18. This Used To Be My Playground
DISC TWO
1. Erotica
2. Deeper And Deeper
3. Rain
4. Secret
5. Take A Bow
6. Human Nature
7. You'll See
8. Frozen
9. Ray Of Light
10. Beautiful Stranger
11. Music
12. Don't Tell Me
13. Die Another Day
14. Hollywood
15. Hung Up
16. Sorry
17. 4 Minutes
18. Celebration

I was baffled by the inclusion of Miles Away, though I guess at the time it made sense because Hard Candy was the latest album and that was the most recent single, but I highly doubt it would have been included if this compilation were released today.

It sold about 1 million in Japan alone, it should've been included on the Japanse version only (à la "La isla bonita" in Something to remember)

The DVD was a life changing purchase.

I remember bringing it over to my girlfriend's house back in 09! we watched both discs, back to back, TOTALLY IN AWE. Our other friends came over throughout the day & were shocked at how varied her videography was; "...are yall still watching Madonna? Is that her? REALLY? Wasn't she just blond like an hour ago? She looks good. OMG. " -It turned into a group viewing by the end of the night. A few of them even asked to borrow the DVD from me afterwards.

As a new fan (then), it was just what I needed. :wow:

I wished she recorded old songs again with new enriched instrumentations that are still melodically close to the original ones...

Like a Prayer's new arrangement is flawless...

PS: I actually like Celebration song a lot, but the Benny Benassi Remix version which she used in MDNA Tour rather than original version.

Edited by MonsieurB

The DVD was a life changing purchase.

I remember bringing it over to my girlfriend's house back in 09! we watched both discs, back to back, TOTALLY IN AWE. Our other friends came over throughout the day & were shocked at how varied her videography was; "...are yall still watching Madonna? Is that her? REALLY? Wasn't she just blond like an hour ago? She looks good. OMG. " -It turned into a group viewing by the end of the night. A few of them even asked to borrow the DVD from me afterwards.

As a new fan (then), it was just what I needed. :wow:

I was pissed American Life wasn't even on the DVD. It's like she has forgotten that masterpiece all in all.

Love the rest though (except the black bar thingy covering the tits)

DEF. prefer it over GHV2. Since the album is almost 7 years old (GHV2 was 8 years older than Celebration) I def. think she should release another GH in about 2 more years w/ songs she's un-blacklisted recently (True Blue, WTG once again, and *positively add on Gambler, CAC and a few other jaw dropping forgotten iconic songs that haven't or have rarely been on a GH from her). I know there some songs that would be criminal her to not include and hurt sales..as much as they're tired to some people and fans (LAP, Vogue, Holiday, LAV, MG etc..) but there are others she could def. ditch and replace them w/ some of the others I mentioned. Plus I'd love all the songs in her next GH to be the FULL radio edits (eg: zipper version of Express Yourself) that most people remember. No choppy edits. key chorus or lyrics deleted, or remixes etc...and 100% *consistent* state of the art remastered sound so everything sounds equally as good and crisp!

Can she do that even if she's not with WB anymore?

Cos I see a GHV3 :lmao:

1. Give Me All Your Luvin'

2. Girl Gone Wild

3. Turn Up The Radio

4. Masterpiece

5. Don't Tell Us We Can't Stop featuring Miley

6. Living For Love

7. Ghosttown

8. Bitch I'm Madonna

9. Messiah (radio single in Russia)

10. Hold Tight (radio single in Italy)

11. new song

12. new song

13. new song

14. new song

15. new song

I didn't like most of it. It felt too slopped together for me. I don't want to sound negative, but I will ave preferred a new photo shoot. The art work was okay, but I don't like collages of all her looks slammed together. That is how I felt about GHV2, as well. I didn't like the out of order track listing, and some songs didn't make sense on there, so I rearranged the tracklisting once I had it on the computer.

I DID like that we got three new songs, unlike GHV2, WITH a new video, lol, even though the video was a mess, I still was happy for a new video with a GH album. I liked the "rehearsal" look better when she had that mask on her head and her S&S hair. I was hoping for videos for Revolver and It's So Cool, but they never happened, but it was nice to get Revolver remixes.

I also rather it have been released in 2010, so we had 2010 Madonna, because it was the new decade, we ultimately had to wait 3 years for anything new for this decade (not counting S&S live).

2. Girl Gone Wild

3. Turn Up The Radio

4. Masterpiece

6. Living For Love

7. Ghosttown

8. Bitch I'm Madonna

11. new song

12. new song

13. new song

14. new song

15. new song

LOL that is a stretch. I was actually thinking the same thing. You have more songs than me. So far I just put----

Give me All Your Luvin'

Girl Gone Wild

Turn Up The Radio

Living For Love

Ghosttown

BIM

(New song from next album)

New song for this GH album

That only is 12 songs, but enough for an album. The 10's seem like she only releases three singles per album.

They did fix Erotica and Cherish after its initial release--my recent physical purchase confirms it--but Music, Dress You Up and Express Yourself remain as before... Also Hollywood, Miles Away, Revolver should've been replaced by Deeper and Deeper, Give it 2 Me and Power of Goodbye respectively. Would've also preferred chronological sequence but hard to complain when there are glorious, remastered versions of the original Into The Groove, Who's That Girl, Like A Prayer and Cherish... the improved sound on these are worth the price of the album itself.

2. Girl Gone Wild

3. Turn Up The Radio

4. Masterpiece

6. Living For Love

7. Ghosttown

8. Bitch I'm Madonna

11. new song

12. new song

13. new song

14. new song

15. new song

I have also wondered what her next compilation will be, especially given the fact she's no longer on Warners.

I think a box set makes the most sense, but doubtful we see one.

Are those Essential (the MJ one is amazing) and Playlist compilations that everyone is getting these days put out by a particular label, or do individual labels just license songs to those brands?

Guest Rocco Papa

I have also wondered what her next compilation will be, especially given the fact she's no longer on Warners.

I think a box set makes the most sense, but doubtful we see one.

Are those Essential (the MJ one is amazing) and Playlist compilations that everyone is getting these days put out by a particular label, or do individual labels just license songs to those brands?

I think a better idea would be GHV3, an album that picks up where GHV2 left off. It would include singles from American Life, Confessions, Hard Candy, Celebration, MDNA, and Rebel Heart. It probably won't happen, but it's a cool thing to think about. I think I started a thread about it a while back.

Here's what my tracklisting would be:

1. Girl Gone Wild

2. 4 Minutes

3. Hung Up

4. Sorry

5. Give It 2 Me

6. Celebration

7. Die Another Day

8. Bitch I'm Madonna

9. American Life

10. Hollywood

11. Give Me All Your Luvin'

12. Get Together

13. Jump

14. Ghosttown

15. Living For Love

16. (new song)

17. (new song)

I love it. But in agreement with others about the choppy edits.

Absolutely love having the original ITG & LIKE A PRAYER remastered. Would love to have had original CRAZY FOR YOU also.

My inclusions would be GAMBLER remastered, & more 90's.

It makes for a good housework and party disc. However she should of scrapped Celebration, Revolver and Miles Away which are all shit. Included Deeper and Deeper, Give It To Me and lead the compilation with Beat Goes On as a new reworked single!!!

I'm still baffled as to why they left off official film clips from the DVD when it could have been the ultimate DVD collection instead of 90% complete :( :( :(

this should have been Celebration.. all new properly executed edits so that 20 tracks fit on each disc.

Disc One

01. Everybody

02. Holiday

03. Lucky Star

04. Borderline

05. Like A Virgin

06. Material Girl

07. Crazy For You

08. Dress You Up

09. Into The Groove

10. Live To Tell

11. Papa Don't Preach

12. True Blue

13. Open Your Heart

14. Who's That Girl

15. Like A Prayer

16. Express Yourself

17. Cherish

18. Vogue

19. Justify My Love

20. This Used To Be My Playground

01. Erotica

02. Deeper And Deeper

03. Fever

04. Rain

05. I'll Remember

06. Secret

07. Take A Bow

08. Human Nature

09. You'll See

10. You Must Love Me

11. Frozen

12. Ray Of Light

13. Beautiful Stranger

14. American Pie

15. Music

16. Don't Tell Me

17. Hung Up

18. Sorry

19. Give It 2 Me

20. Celebration

Celebration the song is a celebration to the dance of life

Celebration the compilation is a celebration of her music

Celebration, the dvd, is a bit of a lost opportunity, but is a celebration of the best videoclips ever made.

It was the album that got me into Madonna's back catalogue material really. I remember picking this album up in JB Hi Fi and being completely puzzled to see Miles Away as I did not know it was a single and thought she just randomly chucked in an album track. I was originally listening to the iTunes version snippets for quite some time and was going to buy the iTunes deluxe version but decided to go for the physical instead as I didn't have access and I was really desperate for it.

I like the compilation and barely notice the little editing things people mention.

One thing I've never seen addressed regarding this album is the track Sorry. It sounds different to the version on Confessions. There's less oomph. I don't know how to explain it. I really do not like this track on Celebration and listened to the Confessions version right after to see if I was hallucinating, and I'm not. They sound different, and the Confessions version is MUCH better.

Aside from that, the two new tracks on this album are dismally bad. Two of the worst tracks of Madonna's career. I don't know what she was thinking working with Oakenfold. For a greatest hits album, two STELLAR new tracks are needed, just like on the Immaculate Collection, and like the Immaculate Colleciton, they should have given some idea as to her next direction. The new tracks seemed aimless and dated.

For a greatest hits album, two STELLAR new tracks are needed, just like on the Immaculate Collection, and like the Immaculate Colleciton, they should have given some idea as to her next direction. The new tracks seemed aimless and dated.

I thought Revolver fit right in with the direction MDNA took. MDNA had the gun theme going on, especially in the tour.