Happy 25th Anniversary The Immaculate Collection

Guest gang bang

Guest Rocco Papa

In 1993, a special numbered limited edition version of the album was issued only in Australia to celebrate The Girlie Show:

cd-madonna-the-immaculate-collection-col

cd-madonna-the-immaculate-collection-col

Some shots of the vinyl editions:

img_2635.jpgmadonna-the-immaculate-collection-blu-raimg_2636.jpg

2328792_orig.jpgthe-immaculate-collection-green-vinyl-pr

i had always hoped they wouldve made an updated remastered expanded

2 cd set (to include essential songs not on original)

Everybody, Who's That Girl, Causing A Commotion, True Blue, Dress You Up,

Angel, Keep It Together, Burning Up

the best ever GH.....and the pics are just to die for!!!!

(and just an occasion to remember how, when the JML VHS was released and i wanted it as christmas present, everybody in the family thought i was etero.... :sassy: )

Fun fact: some people have said that they can hear Murray the Cougar (from the movie) growling in the background of Who's That Girl, but I don't hear it on my copy.

oh yes! My copy has the roar. It's in the first verse right before "run faster, her laughter..."

I believe Blender magazine named TIC the Greatest American Album of All Time in 2004 :clap:

Guest Rocco Papa

oh yes! My copy has the roar. It's in the first verse right before "run faster, her laughter..."

I believe Blender magazine named TIC the Greatest American Album of All Time in 2004 :clap:

So cool! I wish someone would upload it to YouTube so I can hear what it sounds like.

Upload it

I was 17 when it was released. I had an art teacher who was a huge Madonna fan, and so it was fun to finally have someone to talk to about Madonna. I have a lot of goodies, because besides good grades, I also got special Madonna presents. Even if I didn't get good grades, we were good friends, talking every night for hours about Madonna on the phone. Before Immaculate came out, he had me do a comp of what I think the album will look like, because neither of us knew what it was going to look like. It was hard, because we both wanted a brand new photo shoot, so he said instead of using old pictures, just paint what I think she will look like, and we can imagine that the photo shoot. I gave her long blonde wavy hair, and I "dressed" her in a silver dress. Because she usually used serif type faces, I used a sans serif calligraphic type face, because I thought she needed something different. I also did extra paintings for the inside pictures with the titles of songs. He called it fabulous! He used to wish I was her graphic designer, because he had me do other projects like this. When TIC did come out, we both disliked the art work lol. His comments were so funny, but we both adored her so much. TIC had the high school colors, so immediately he thought it was tacky. Then, we both were pretty naive when it came to some photo shoots. We thought the photo shoot was done in 1988 during Bloodhounds of Broadway LOL, so we went on about the "old" photo shoot she used. Neither of us knew it wasn't THAT old, yet. We did think it was missing Burning Up, Everybody, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Causing A Commotion, but I pointed out that most likely, it is because they had similar sounds to the songs all ready chosen. There all ready was Spanish LIB, so WTG may have been too redundant. That was just one theory I came up with. He played TIC and BAT videos in his classes all day, so this was a really exciting and fun time. Now that I look back, it fits right. I still will have preferred a TIC photo shoot, though.

Guest Rocco Papa

I was 17 when it was released. I had an art teacher who was a huge Madonna fan, and so it was fun to finally have someone to talk to about Madonna. I have a lot of goodies, because besides good grades, I also got special Madonna presents. Even if I didn't get good grades, we were good friends, talking every night for hours about Madonna on the phone. Before Immaculate came out, he had me do a comp of what I think the album will look like, because neither of us knew what it was going to look like. It was hard, because we both wanted a brand new photo shoot, so he said instead of using old pictures, just paint what I think she will look like, and we can imagine that the photo shoot. I gave her long blonde wavy hair, and I "dressed" her in a silver dress. Because she usually used serif type faces, I used a sans serif calligraphic type face, because I thought she needed something different. I also did extra paintings for the inside pictures with the titles of songs. He called it fabulous! He used to wish I was her graphic designer, because he had me do other projects like this. When TIC did come out, we both disliked the art work lol. His comments were so funny, but we both adored her so much. TIC had the high school colors, so immediately he thought it was tacky. Then, we both were pretty naive when it came to some photo shoots. We thought the photo shoot was done in 1988 during Bloodhounds of Broadway LOL, so we went on about the "old" photo shoot she used. Neither of us knew it wasn't THAT old, yet. We did think it was missing Burning Up, Everybody, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Causing A Commotion, but I pointed out that most likely, it is because they had similar sounds to the songs all ready chosen. There all ready was Spanish LIB, so WTG may have been too redundant. That was just one theory I came up with. He played TIC and BAT videos in his classes all day, so this was a really exciting and fun time. Now that I look back, it fits right. I still will have preferred a TIC photo shoot, though.

Aww that's such a cool story! What kind of Madonna presents did you get?

Aww that's such a cool story! What kind of Madonna presents did you get?

Thanks! Remixed Prayers, Papa Don't Preach video cd, Ponytail Blond Ambition, laserdisc blond ambition (nice), Virgin Tour laserdic (laserdisc was copied to tape, because I didn't have a laser disc player), Vanity Fair (1990), anytime she was in a magazine either a copy or photocopy of it, an interesting video of Diamonds are a Girl's best friend mixed with Material Girl, Ciao Italia, WTG live in Japan, JML maxi, Give It To Me (the otto unofficial stuff lol), Intervirew magazine 1990 t shirt, plus he used to give me money if I was going to go shopping, in case I saw anything to pick himself up a copy of whatever I was going to buy. LOL that was 1990.

1991 included Vanity Fair 1991, Rescue Me remixes, more "Otto" "rare" cds, Rolling Stone, TOD (laser disc to video), Madonna 4 clips, Vogue from 1989, all her movies up to 1991, his bootlegged video version of The Immaculate collection he called the completest Immaculate Collection, SNL 1985, The Holiday Collection (we wished this was the cover art for TIC).

I graduated in 1992, and by now I had just about everything, and nothing "new" was coming out. He always had catalogues from all over the world, looking for new or rare Madonna, but it was kind of dead. He was mad, because he thought she was taking too much time between projects lol- he wanted me to have a new Madonna graduation- by now it was BAT, TIC, and TOD that were her "latest" videos, which back then was getting old. All while I had him for a teacher, he also introduced me to other artists, so I was getting other presents and clothes in 1992. TUTBMP came out AFTER I graduated, and he was already on vacation. The only "new" Madonna we had up until I graduated were her SEX pictures showing up in various magazines. He was hoping she was going to finish her "SEX" album before I graduated lol.

People Magazine: Madonna's Immaculate Collection Turns 25: All 17 Tracks Ranked

http://www.people.com/article/madonna-immaculate-collection-turns-25-songs-ranked

Thanks for sharing!

I love that TIC is receiving anniversary recognition.

Great countdown. LTT is a little lower than usual; no surprise at the top three!

You could get it used on Amazon. It was only released in the UK in 1991. It contains the full album version of Holiday, True Blue, Who's That Girl, and the Silver Screen single mix of Causing a Commotion (which is mislabeled Causin' a Commotion). I found a copy on CD at a Virgin Megastore years ago!

Fun fact: some people have said that they can hear Murray the Cougar (from the movie) growling in the background of Who's That Girl, but I don't hear it on my copy.

R-526954-1271338930.jpeg.jpg

115200449-2.jpg

holiday-collection-madonna-3.jpg?w=700

Are those songs mixed with Q-sound?

Guest Rocco Papa

Are those songs mixed with Q-sound?

I don't think so. I think the Q-Sound logo would be on the CD like it was on TIC if they were.

OMG those TIC Royal Box looks like heaven.

I remeber watching at them when I was 14 y.o., of course, I didn't had the money to get one :blush::cries:

If Warner wanted to do something right in their live regarding Madonna aniversary editions it would be re-launching these.

Is there another album- audio and visuals- that defined the 1983-1990 period like this one? Fuhgetaboutit.

I think it's a strong contender for best singles collection of all time, by any artist.