Girls can wear jeans.....

Apples388

I've said this before about the genius of this song. Besides Charlotte Gainsbourg and Madonna's singing. The whole song is a continuous backwards loop.

Genius. Even The Beatles never did that.

I've said this before about the genius of this song. Besides Charlotte Gainsbourg and Madonna's singing. The whole song is a continuous backwards loop.

I know and I love it so much!!

BTW, the Spanish version is one of the most absurd random things this woman has done, hahahaha. What was really the point? And the lyrics in Spanish are so bad and absurd. And she pronouns in Spanish sooooo bad (after the great work she has done with Veras).

I don't understand that. How do you mean?

It's hard to pick my all time favorite madonna song but this one is probably it. I love all the remixes and many good fan made ones. I do a lot of Madonna megamixes for me to listen to in the car and this WIFLFAG is in about 80% of them; it's the song I use most. I'm hesitant for other ppl to listen to the mixes cuz I know they'll go, "WIFLFAG again? Really?" I also love the album "ballad" version as much as the remixes, which is damn unusual for me.

The video is excellent. Fell in love at first watch.

I got a mix I did where I mixed it into Gang Bang. Gorgeous! It's that sample chanting "feels like" real quick over & over into the hard kick of gang bang. It's sick. I don't think ppl realize (non-fans, anyway) how HARD a Madonna club megamix can get. She ain't no pop wimp that's the truth (go hard or go home is not a lie!). One of these days I'll share when I figure out how to upload to these upload sites.

I don't understand that. How do you mean?

Loops are sections of tracks. They are played repeatedly over and over. With WIFLFAG, I’m sure that Sigsworth and Stent made various effects with pedals, samplers and synths. They probably sampled the drum effects.

They played and recorded each section, then put them together and play it. But this song has a twist, they recorded it, then played it back....backwards.

So, the original track (music) you hear at the beginning of the song - are actually the end of the loops.

In a nutshell - all the music is backwards. All the instruments you're hearing are backwards. Even the drums.

Notice how it "ticks" when the song starts. Thats the beginning of a note.

The song is very unique, and I love that she sampled those words in the beginning.

The mix is.... ok... it does lend a certain mood to the video, but definitely wrecks everthing the original song is going for. Hell, it's not even one of her best mixes. And I wish they had used more of the vocals from the song (i.e. the verses). Some fan made a version of the mix with more vocals and I liked it. But the video is still amazing.

Anyway, the song is yet another great perspective from the Queen of Pop.

Was listening to Music one night on the way home from work. Was reminded how beautiful this song is. Her voice in that register is lush. And how she sounds vulnerable yet confident in the song. Wish she should perform this again. An underrated ballad in her catalog.

Billy & Webo. here's a little exclusive from thebeatswithin that explains the recording process...

Guy Sigsworth told me that he was inspired by the German band Oval, who created tracks by scratching CDs to make them jump and skip and then re-arranged it to make it into something melodic. Guy actually created the song by messing around with a DAT player's jog wheel to create the clicking sound. He then cut up these bits of audio to give the feeling that the CD was skipping. So, although it may sound like the old psychedelic rock trick of playing it backwards, this wasn't actually how Guy achieved these sounds.

It's interesting to me how these studio "accidents", from guitar distortion on Jimi Hendrix songs, to record scratching on hip-hop tracks, to time stretch first used on drum and bass records, which are all essentially "mistakes", have become something that musicians emulate to create something melodic.

Guy told me that WIFGFAG was one of the last, if not the very last song to be recorded for the Music album, after a track from another collaborator (Not Orbit or Mirwais) got bumped off the record. It was the only song they recorded during the short sessions (Nothing Fails originated elsewhere), as M was heavily pregnant.

I love this song. Its so smooth, the best song to relax. I love all versions, album video and the spanish - according to karbatal lyrics without meaning - but still its a great version :laugh:

maybe karbatal, you can tell us whats shes singing about on lo que siente la mujer

Billy & Webo. here's a little exclusive from thebeatswithin that explains the recording process...

Guy Sigsworth told me that he was inspired by the German band Oval, who created tracks by scratching CDs to make them jump and skip and then re-arranged it to make it into something melodic. Guy actually created the song by messing around with a DAT player's jog wheel to create the clicking sound. He then cut up these bits of audio to give the feeling that the CD was skipping. So, although it may sound like the old psychedelic rock trick of playing it backwards, this wasn't actually how Guy achieved these sounds.

It's interesting to me how these studio "accidents", from guitar distortion on Jimi Hendrix songs, to record scratching on hip-hop tracks, to time stretch first used on drum and bass records, which are all essentially "mistakes", have become something that musicians emulate to create something melodic.

Guy told me that WIFGFAG was one of the last, if not the very last song to be recorded for the Music album, after a track from another collaborator (Not Orbit or Mirwais) got bumped off the record. It was the only song they recorded during the short sessions (Nothing Fails originated elsewhere), as M was heavily pregnant.

So the "backwards" sound is an accident.

Wow. My ex re-created the sound in his studio for me. To show me how he thought they did it. He made a forward loop and just played it backwards. It sounded the same to me.

They used a DAT wheel to make the clicking sound?? How did he manipulate the jog wheel?

They had to have been trying to make it sound backwards.

It's the mistakes which turn into great songs.

Oh, i wonder which song was bumped off??????

I love this song. Its so smooth, the best song to relax. I love all versions, album video and the spanish - according to karbatal lyrics without meaning - but still its a great version :laugh:

maybe karbatal, you can tell us whats shes singing about on lo que siente la mujer

It's pretty simmilar to the English version, but using a collection of adjectives and sentences structures that is simply weird.

It's as if i compose a song and goes like

Seductress your honey is tasty

lips of you are sacarose for us