Tonight I'm in this sort of mood...

Apples388

My friends and I were just watching this over the weekend (Truth or Dare one)... I had to throw it on because my friend was telling a story about how she showed it to a class in her university course in the past couple of years. She's in her thirties but finally finishing her degree after working for a while. The class was pretty shocked! haha Love it!!!

Let them have it!! Let them have ALL OF IT mama!!

Absolutely stunning and a true masterpiece for the ages. I can't I really can't.

This version of Like a Virgin is one of the greatest song "reinventions" she's ever done.

For a lot of us, this was our first time seeing a more adult and risqué Madonna. Sure there were hints and signs before but Blond Ambition really took Madonna to a different level as an artist and icon, and this version of Like a Virgin was integral to that shift.

To think that MTV played this as a "new" video during its daily lineup of videos......Holiday from BA too! I think one of them actually got nominated for a VMA! That's a testament to the power of Madonna at that time. Mama Kurt was ok with the whole Madonna thing....until she saw this....lol....I was absolutely forbidden to watch this performance! In fact, because she knew this performance was in TOD, I never got to see the movie until about 2-3 years later. I PLEADED with her to buy it for my 13th birthday.....and she did! The only stipulation was she had to watch it with me. That remains one of the most awkward moments of my life...I knew Madonna flashed her tits at some point, so I thought that and LAV would be the most awkward moments. Oh no! That was the tip of the iceberg....all the gay stuff was painful to watch with her....lol....I don't think she had ever seen so much gay imagery and I definitely had never. The worst part was acting like I was disgusted by it......meanwhile I'm trying to stay seated and keep the blanket over my lap....:horny:

To think that MTV played this as a "new" video during its daily lineup of videos......Holiday from BA too! I think one of them actually got nominated for a VMA! That's a testament to the power of Madonna at that time. Mama Kurt was ok with the whole Madonna thing....until she saw this....lol....I was absolutely forbidden to watch this performance! In fact, because she knew this performance was in TOD, I never got to see the movie until about 2-3 years later. I PLEADED with her to buy it for my 13th birthday.....and she did! The only stipulation was she had to watch it with me. That remains one of the most awkward moments of my life...I knew Madonna flashed her tits at some point, so I thought that and LAV would be the most awkward moments. Oh no! That was the tip of the iceberg....all the gay stuff was painful to watch with her....lol....I don't think she had ever seen so much gay imagery and I definitely had never. The worst part was acting like I was disgusted by it......meanwhile I'm trying to stay seated and keep the blanket over my lap.... :horny:

What a wonderful story! I remember those moments of keeping still while blushing with the parents in the room :rotfl: