Why did she seem so aloof during Confessions era?

loowee

Was it just me who feels the same? The era (the album, the singles, the visuals, the tours, the promo, the commercial success etc.) was amazing but she felt so distant in her interviews/IGTYAS. Why was that?

it all felt very effortless. not in terms of work but her attitude. like she wasn't surprised she got hit after hit with such ease. she seemed very confident but not in an arrogant or negative way.

I know what OP means, she seemed aloof not only during COADF era but the entire '01-'06 period. Pretty much her "Esther" years. I think the peak of this was actually '01-'03. She started to slowly come around during parts of RIT and COADF promo but that "distance" she had wasn't fully gone until S&S. Btw I do not feel this affected her work negatively in any way whatsoever BUT as someone who has seen her live on every tour since '01, I do prefer the Madonna we have on stage now compared to say DWT. Not sure how to properly explain it, but it seemed like she was "holding back" from being "MADONNA" in a lot of ways back then. I always attributed to getting older, "maturing" and trying not to be too salacious for Mr. Richie. :)

Quite the opposite: I thought she seemed very happy and relaxed during the COADF era. She was really charming on Parkinson's chat show, for example, and was a really good sport on that surreal Japanese SMAP TV programme, going along with their weird jokes.

Guest eroticerotic

Quite the opposite: I thought she seemed very happy and relaxed during the COADF era. She was really charming on Parkinson's chat show, for example, and was a really good sport on that surreal Japanese SMAP TV programme, going along with their weird jokes.

yea i thought the same. very soft n feminine

I know what OP means, she seemed aloof not only during COADF era but the entire '01-'06 period. Pretty much her "Esther" years. I think the peak of this was actually '01-'03. She started to slowly come around during parts of RIT and COADF promo but that "distance" she had wasn't fully gone until S&S. Btw I do not feel this affected her work negatively in any way whatsoever BUT as someone who has seen her live on every tour since '01, I do prefer the Madonna we have on stage now compared to say DWT. Not sure how to properly explain it, but it seemed like she was "holding back" from being "MADONNA" in a lot of ways back then. I always attributed to getting older, "maturing" and trying not to be too salacious for Mr. Richie. :)

You dislike cold in person Madonna. When she's warm and friendly to her audience you get a sense of her genuine humanity. I do not blame Guy for Madonna's cold demeanor. It was her new found faith which made her quite serious.

I've always wondered of Guy Ricthies reaction to her boom box humping... Since she got involved with Guy Ritchie she seemed to be less and less interested in being sexy or remotely sexually provocative. She embraced violence and cowboy culture. She did a rap and produced a folksy album. She wrote a CHILDREN book.

In contrast she then kissed Britney Spears. She did a full on dance recordand all of a sudden we saw her ass in a pink leotard. She humped dancers and boom boxes... Maybe Guy Ritchie wasn't too happy. Rumours of Stuart Price and Madonna having an affair were strong.. The album was phenomal in terms of success both critically and commercially. Hung Up was huge.. Maybe after their so called failures- American Life and Swept Away- he was jealous of Madonna going to sit back on her throne. It could have been a jealousy thing and Madonna must have felt very uncomfortable about it.

GOD NO!! He looks exactly like my last ex-husband.

No No No No!!!!! I'm not putting your stinky smelly dick in my mouth anymore.

:lmao::rotfl:

Guy looks dreadful now though, like a hobo. I bet when Madonna sees him now, she must be relieved they are not still together.

Maybe she felt the divorce was coming? Or she was realising she wasn't happy with the marriage anymore?

Exactly.

If she was acting "aloof" - which I don't think she was. It was probably because she wanted to get away from that doof!

She was married with two kids and had lots of other projects on her plate (IABWA, etc.) I feel in a way she was just getting through the motions, being so used to them after more than 20 years at the top. Like some others say, I found her relaxed and gracious but not cheeky or daring as we know M can most definitely be.

I think her Ice Queen peak was actually during Sticky & Sweet, going through the divorce and all she still came out every night looking perfectly buff and taut and pulled in the face just so, an aerodynamic pop lioness.

madonna-sticky-and-sweet-tour-pictures-4

Madonna-didnt-wear-much-during-opening-p

I'm sad I missed that tour because of being a broke college student.

Edited by billyto

Maybe she felt the divorce was coming? Or she was realising she wasn't happy with the marriage anymore?

Don't you think that's reflected in the lyrics??

Rumours of Stuart Price and Madonna having an affair were strong..

I wouldn't doubt it if they had an affair. When you're in a marriage and there's no sexual interest or attraction from either party. You're going to find affection somewhere else.