Can we talk about how...

Guest bluejean

Guest bluejean

She plays Michael Jackson before and after the show...

I believe it was Don't Stop til You Get Enough before to signal when the lights went down and Wanna Be Startin' Somethin' at the end. Has that been at every show or just Toronto?

NYC MSG start was Wanna be Startin' Something and end was Beat It.

MDNA was similar as far as I remember

If you're in the arena and you're thinking of going for a wee or getting a drink and Wanna be Startin' Something comes on (and usually it's louder volume than the previous songs) then you'd better run as fast as you can and get back to your seat ASAP muthafukka cause the Queen is coming!

Yeah

Does she still play "I'm Coming Out" Diana Ross.

I've never heard this @ a Madonna concert?

Did anyone else find the post opening act/pre concert playlist strange? Amnesia by Justin Timberlake and Thinking About You by Frank Ocean aren't exactly party starters lol

Guest Rachelle of London

no - the other music is all random until WBSS comes on

No more "Let's Dance" either

:(

I love I'm Coming Out and Let's Dance. Whenever I hear them outside of a M concert it always makes me feel like I'm in a concert

I think it is an amazing thing to do - to have a song that signals the show is about to start. AND respectful to the crowd, because otherwise it's who knows when those lights are going to go down. And most people seemed to know what it means, because people were filing in like mad when the song kicked off.

The crowd cheered so hard when WBSS played - almost as if it's part of the show. The energy was amazing. I was so nervous and excited, haha.

I think it is an amazing thing to do - to have a song that signals the show is about to start. AND respectful to the crowd, because otherwise it's who knows when those lights are going to go down. And most people seemed to know what it means, because people were filing in like mad when the song kicked off.

The crowd cheered so hard when WBSS played - almost as if it's part of the show. The energy was amazing. I was so nervous and excited, haha.

I agree! And i don't think I realized how many "general audience" people knew about WBSS signaling the start? At the show in Detroit earlier this month, the arena erupted in cheers when it came on as well.

Yep, you really only see that in rock shows. Glad M decided to do that for this tour.

Guest Rachelle of London

I agree with Madmark. Even in some of the clips from the Montreal show opening night people knew that WBSS signalled the start.

Now that we're on the subject of songs played before and after M's concerts.

What were the songs for the previous tours?

I know Singing In The Rain was played after GST

Now that we're on the subject of songs played before and after M's concerts.

What were the songs for the previous tours?

I know Singing In The Rain was played after GST

TGS played Smokey Robinson & The Miracles "Tears of a clown" before the show and Judy Garland & Gene Kelly's "Be a clown" right after "everybody".

Guest bluejean

It plays louder than the music before it so I think that helps.

Yes I think it was obvious it was leading into the start of the show

Guest bluejean

She starts with WBSS, but the closing song I saw was Smooth Criminal. I don't remember if she did that for MDNA also

That is right.. It was Smooth Criminal after the Toronto show

At the end of both the Blond Ambition shows in Barcelona Nice they play Sylvester Stewart's "Stand"...i remember thinking it sounded like a Beach Boys song when i was a kid, odd choice after such a huge show.

They played Holiday after the 4 S&S shows in Bs As, i dont recall any songs playing before the S&S and MDNA shows though