San Jose - October 19

nabguy

The show was amazing, fun, super entertaining, her voice was excellent, friends of mine who had seen previous tours but are not super fans as me, loved Madonnas personally on this tour. Promise to write a full review... But meanwhile I think it's on my top three tours

I really thought I wasn't going to make it last night. Ticketmaster didn't release many tickets throughout the day, and given that I'd had front-and-center lower-tier tickets in Brooklyn, I knew that the only way I was going to pony up money again was if I got even better tickets than last time.

Then 4pm came, and Ticketmaster shut down ticket sales. I called the stadium and they said that they did have a bunch of tickets available. "Floor tickets?" I asked. Yep, one floor ticket on Section 1, Row 8, Seat 7, for $340. "I'll buy one right now," I said, almost crying into the phone. I was told tickets could only be purchased at the venue. Which was 60 miles away. It was 5pm.

I was so nervous that I actually went for a quick run, gave myself a pep talk (you're going to get floor tickets, you're going to get floor tickets!!), and came back determined to drive down to San Jose and get me some Madonna. Got ready really quickly and hit several traffic jams on the highway. By the time I found parking at the venue, it was 7.35pm. I was so bummed, thinking there was no way any good tickets were still available.

Literally ran all the way to the box office, while everyone and their mother was already in line to get in. The crowd was super energetic; never seen the Bay Area so pumped for a Madonna show before.

In any case, I approached the box office and waited my turn. When I got to the front I asked once again if they had any floor tickets left. "Let me look," the cashier said. "It looks like we have one floor ticket on Section 1, Row 8, Seat 7..."

I think I kind of blacked out yet, because next thing I remember is me standing in line to get in by myself, having one of those Lost (the show) moments. It was meant to be, I kept thinking. It was meant to be. I had woken up at 6am that morning, had a hard day at work, and had checked Ticketmaster throughout the day to no avail. And now here I was, about to see the show once again, best view yet!

In any case, I sat right by where she takes her shirt off during the LAV breakdown. Seriously, ten feet away. Made friends with everyone around me. I've said this before and I'll say it again, NOTHING compares to the feeling of being at a Madonna concert with fellow hardcore fans who know their shit and are as pumped as you are for being there; that alone is worth paying top price.

From Michael Diamond to the one-hour break in between to the entire concert, I did not touch my seat once. I kinda held out hope that I'd be chosen to be UB (why not?) but Juan Carlos was incredible. He could've passed for one of the dancers---except at the end of the song, when he kept staring at her like she was God on earth. It was wonderful.

The crowd was so excited, even after she stood us up till 10.10pm. The moment Iconic started, all was forgiven. And with such an energetic first section, its not hard to know why. BIM killed it, Burning Up killed it. She gave no explanation as to why she was late (not that I cared, but someone in this thread asked).

Body Shop continues to be unnecessarily autotuned in the first verse. It's vocally the lowest point in the concert, which is such a shame because the song is beautiful, the perf is great, and the rest of the song actually sounds amazing. But at the beginning it sounds way too off.

The dancers energy was palpable, and the crowd around me (and me) was completely mesmerized every time they came close, particularly during the Dress You Up medley. I fell in love with the little Philipino guy, and the guy with dreadlocks who does the first part of the Messiah routine. He is SO beautiful, but his beauty is totally understated. I'm not sure I can put it in better words now. The black Adonis was, of course, the black Adonis. He danced on our side of the stage multiple times and I can confirm he has no physical flaws whatsoever. He is a real human being, just physically per-fect.

Heartbreak City/LDLA was epic. The one and only Marvin (one of my favorite M dancers of all time) was in top form, here and throughout. He's such a wonderful lead dancer for her. They have a special chemistry, for sure.

WTG was perfect. Frozen was perfect. The song has taken shape and is a huge crowd pleaser. She mentioned that she likes switching up that part of the show, so I think we can expect more surprises down the line.

LFL is absolutely everything. Being that I love the original so much, I had a hard time letting go but I have finally fallen in love with this version.

I think she fell or at least slipped toward the end of Music. It was hard to see because she was surrounded by dancers, but when the music stops at the end and she mentions how "it's lonely at the top"---well, she was still at the bottom of the stairs in some weird squatting position. I looked up at the screens and saw a dancer ask her something and I saw her nod, as if saying that she was okay. Then she went up those stairs, made some remarks (something new, but I cant remember what) and then kept going. She didn't seem injured or upset at all.

Candy Shop was by far the song people around me responded to the least, but that BEAT. That performance!!! Everyone was loving it toward the end. I'm declaring this the definitive Candy Shop.

The crowd stayed until the very end (around 12.30am) and it paid off big time. People went NUTS when Material Girl came on. UB was a huge crowd pleaser too. And Holiday was of course an excellent closer.

In any case, except for a few queens who complained about Confessions being skipped entirely (I feel you but seriously, that's what youre focusing on right now?) everyone was static. People really responded to all her jokes, too. I think she's onto something with that stand up/song routine she's been teasing...

I didn't get home until 2am. Totally worth it.

Thank you, Madonna!!!

I really thought I wasn't going to make it last night. Ticketmaster didn't release many tickets throughout the day, and given that I'd had front-and-center lower-tier tickets in Brooklyn, I knew that the only way I was going to pony up money again was if I got even better tickets than last time.

Then 4pm came, and Ticketmaster shut down ticket sales. I called the stadium and they said that they did have a bunch of tickets available. "Floor tickets?" I asked. Yep, one floor ticket on Section 1, Row 8, Seat 7, for $340. "I'll buy one right now," I said, almost crying into the phone. I was told tickets could only be purchased at the venue. Which was 60 miles away. It was 5pm.

I was so nervous that I actually went for a quick run, gave myself a pep talk (you're going to get floor tickets, you're going to get floor tickets!!), and came back determined to drive down to San Jose and get me some Madonna. Got ready really quickly and hit several traffic jams on the highway. By the time I found parking at the venue, it was 7.35pm. I was so bummed, thinking there was no way any good tickets were still available.

Literally ran all the way to the box office, while everyone and their mother was already in line to get in. The crowd was super energetic; never seen the Bay Area so pumped for a Madonna show before.

In any case, I approached the box office and waited my turn. When I got to the front I asked once again if they had any floor tickets left. "Let me look," the cashier said. "It looks like we have one floor ticket on Section 1, Row 8, Seat 7..."

I think I kind of blacked out yet, because next thing I remember is me standing in line to get in by myself, having one of those Lost (the show) moments. It was meant to be, I kept thinking. It was meant to be. I had woken up at 6am that morning, had a hard day at work, and had checked Ticketmaster throughout the day to no avail. And now here I was, about to see the show once again, best view yet!

In any case, I sat right by where she takes her shirt off during the LAV breakdown. Seriously, ten feet away. Made friends with everyone around me. I've said this before and I'll say it again, NOTHING compares to the feeling of being at a Madonna concert with fellow hardcore fans who know their shit and are as pumped as you are for being there; that alone is worth paying top price.

From Michael Diamond to the one-hour break in between to the entire concert, I did not touch my seat once. I kinda held out hope that I'd be chosen to be UB (why not?) but Juan Carlos was incredible. He could've passed for one of the dancers---except at the end of the song, when he kept staring at her like she was God on earth. It was wonderful.

The crowd was so excited, even after she stood us up till 10.10pm. The moment Iconic started, all was forgiven. And with such an energetic first section, its not hard to know why. BIM killed it, Burning Up killed it. She gave no explanation as to why she was late (not that I cared, but someone in this thread asked).

Body Shop continues to be unnecessarily autotuned in the first verse. It's vocally the lowest point in the concert, which is such a shame because the song is beautiful, the perf is great, and the rest of the song actually sounds amazing. But at the beginning it sounds way too off.

The dancers energy was palpable, and the crowd around me (and me) was completely mesmerized every time they came close, particularly during the Dress You Up medley. I fell in love with the little Philipino guy, and the guy with dreadlocks who does the first part of the Messiah routine. He is SO beautiful, but his beauty is totally understated. I'm not sure I can put it in better words now. The black Adonis was, of course, the black Adonis. He danced on our side of the stage multiple times and I can confirm he has no physical flaws whatsoever. He is a real human being, just physically per-fect.

Heartbreak City/LDLA was epic. The one and only Marvin (one of my favorite M dancers of all time) was in top form, here and throughout. He's such a wonderful lead dancer for her. They have a special chemistry, for sure.

WTG was perfect. Frozen was perfect. The song has taken shape and is a huge crowd pleaser. She mentioned that she likes switching up that part of the show, so I think we can expect more surprises down the line.

LFL is absolutely everything. Being that I love the original so much, I had a hard time letting go but I have finally fallen in love with this version.

I think she fell or at least slipped toward the end of Music. It was hard to see because she was surrounded by dancers, but when the music stops at the end and she mentions how "it's lonely at the top"---well, she was still at the bottom of the stairs in some weird squatting position. I looked up at the screens and saw a dancer ask her something and I saw her nod, as if saying that she was okay. Then she went up those stairs, made some remarks (something new, but I cant remember what) and then kept going. She didn't seem injured or upset at all.

Candy Shop was by far the song people around me responded to the least, but that BEAT. That performance!!! Everyone was loving it toward the end. I'm declaring this the definitive Candy Shop.

The crowd stayed until the very end (around 12.30am) and it paid off big time. People went NUTS when Material Girl came on. UB was a huge crowd pleaser too. And Holiday was of course an excellent closer.

In any case, except for a few queens who complained about Confessions being skipped entirely (I feel you but seriously, that's what youre focusing on right now?) everyone was static. People really responded to all her jokes, too. I think she's onto something with that stand up/song routine she's been teasing...

Thank you, Madonna!!!

So much fun to read. Glad you went and had a great ticket.

The queen is the best.

I want to hear Frozen! Does it sound like the album version, rather than the acoustic version she did in Detroit? I would prefer it fuller with electronic beats or drums. I thought I read someone said it was with the whole band which sounds like it would be great.

Loved reading your review, Phineaspoe! So glad you had a chance to see her again!0

I want to hear Frozen! Does it sound like the album version, rather than the acoustic version she did in Detroit? I would prefer it fuller with electronic beats or drums. I thought I read someone said it was with the whole band which sounds like it would be great.

Loved reading your review, Phineaspoe! So glad you had a chance to see her again!0

Thanks, Glinda! I would say that it sounds closer to the album version (drums, bass) but no electronic sounds that I can recall. It reminded me of GT or JOA during Ellen week. Super acoustic, but with a full sound. It's great and, unlike with the S&S version, the lower key in which she sings really suits the atmosphere of this song version.

So much fun to read. Glad you went and had a great ticket.

The queen is the best.

Omg I cannot even express it in words. My closing paragraph was going to be about how much I love her but I couldn't contain the tears and I can't break down today (yet) :lmao:

But yeah, I honestly don't know how I could be more inspired by her. And in this concert she lays out the reasons why she is a loving legend in such clear yet daring fashion that it's a little overwhelming. My cousins who are not big fans but attended the concert were totally mesmerized and later said that they had actually loved seeing Madonna "the person." When have you ever heard that from the general public? :lol:

Ugh I'm tearing up again.

I'm so excited that so many people here have yet to experience the show! It's wonderful.

Thanks, Glinda! I would say that it sounds closer to the album version (drums, bass) but no electronic sounds that I can recall. It reminded me of GT or JOA during Ellen week. Super acoustic, but with a full sound. It's great and, unlike with the S&S version, the lower key in which she sings really suits the atmosphere of this song version.

Thanks for the answer. Can you remember what she said in any of her little speeches? Someone on Facebook said she said something like don't be a follower, be a leader, don't watch the movie, make the movie!

I cannot wait for the European leg to start, the west coast is 3 hours behind me and i miss watching the periscopes

me either everything will be earlier. uk is 5 hours ahead in time. :)

Can you remember what she said in any of her little speeches? Someone on Facebook said she said something like don't be a follower, be a leader, don't watch the movie, make the movie!

Yeah,she said those things.She also talked alot about "happiness".

Why does side #2 always win?

True Blue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUw3QSMlsLs

Great clip of LAV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRyibsWUaeM

HBC (0:56 she sounded like she might have been pulled too hard): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSdBND7Wod0

Still on the lookout for the UB clip for this night, and also Frozen. I found a pretty good clip of Frozen from Detroit, will post it in that thread.

Omg guys so the show was amazing! I loved everything. I'm so happy she sang Frozen. I cried when she sang Who's That Girl, it's was one of my great grandmothers favorite songs. I was sitting next to an older couple. I expected them to be all uptight and just sit the whole time. They knew the new songs. The husband was screaming "YASSS" when Madonna kept talking about the penis stage. Lol but man I can't get over how amazing the show is. She looked and sounded great. I never seen her so happy and flirtatious before. I will never forget this night.

Omg I cannot even express it in words. My closing paragraph was going to be about how much I love her but I couldn't contain the tears and I can't break down today (yet) :lmao:

But yeah, I honestly don't know how I could be more inspired by her. And in this concert she lays out the reasons why she is a loving legend in such clear yet daring fashion that it's a little overwhelming. My cousins who are not big fans but attended the concert were totally mesmerized and later said that they had actually loved seeing Madonna "the person." When have you ever heard that from the general public? :lol:

Ugh I'm tearing up again.

I'm so excited that so many people here have yet to experience the show! It's wonderful.

Omg guys so the show was amazing! I loved everything. I'm so happy she sang Frozen. I cried when she sang Who's That Girl, it's was one of my great grandmothers favorite songs. I was sitting next to an older couple. I expected them to be all uptight and just sit the whole time. They knew the new songs. The husband was screaming "YASSS" when Madonna kept talking about the penis stage. Lol but man I can't get over how amazing the show is. She looked and sounded great. I never seen her so happy and flirtatious before. I will never forget this night.

Phineaspoe and Bubba, love your passionate and joyful reviews.

Guest Rachelle of London

Thank you, Madonna!!!

Amazing

Loved your review, Phineaspore!

Still no full Frozen vid available, but you can hear her gorgeous voice for 20 seconds in this compilation. The lower key sounds great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnU30NIRjDs#t=02m40s