You'll see,
You think I can't go on another day.
You think I have nothing
Without you by my side,
You'll see
Somehow, some way

You think that I can never laugh again
You'll see,
You think that you destroyed my faith in love.
You think after all you've done
I'll never find my way back home,
You'll see
Somehow, someday

[Chorus:]

All by myself
I don't need anyone at all
I know I'll survive
I know I'll stay alive,
All on my own
I don't need anyone this time
It will be mine
No one can take it from me
You'll see

You think that you are strong, but you are weak
You'll see,
It takes more strength to cry, admit defeat.
I have truth on my side,
You only have deceit
You'll see, somehow, someday

[Chorus2:]

All by myself
I don't need anyone at all
I know I'll survive
I know I'll stay alive,
I'll stand on my own
I won't need anyone this time
It will be mine
No one can take it from me
You'll see

You'll see, you'll see
You'll see, mmmm, mmmm

This absolutely beautiful new song from her Something To Remember ballad compilation, her first collaboration with songwriter David Foster, finds Madonna scorned but not defeated. Her voice is so strong and confident on this song and was one of the first examples of the positive effect her vocal training for Evita had on her singing. I don't think many people (aside from her diehard fanbase) thought she was capable of delivering such a powerful and moving performance. Lyrically it speaks of being deceived by someone you thought you could trust but instead of crumbling, she rises up even stronger. I think all of us have had someone (or many someones) in their lives that they would love to have sung this to. It's a kind of bitter revenge song but it's a very classy one and I think she pulls it off with ease and tremendous poise.

Favorite Lyric: It takes more strength to cry, admit defeat

Favorite Musical Part : The Spanish guitar

Favorite Vocal Part: Her upper register when she sings "I don't need anyone at all"

This is my mother's favorite Madonna song. My feelings about this song stem through her.

I remember when I first played it for her in 1995. It brought tears to her eyes. To this day, whenever we're together, we listen to it.

She's never said it, but I know that when she hears it, she thinks about my dad.

My mom is an awesome strong lady. I love her!

You think that you are strong, but you are weak...
I have truth on my side,
You only have deceit

This is my mother's favorite Madonna song. My feelings about this song stem through her.

I remember when I first played it for her in 1995. It brought tears to her eyes. To this day, whenever we're together, we listen to it.

She's never said it, but I know that when she hears it, she thinks about my dad.

I have truth on my side,
You only have deceit

That's a very sweet story. Thank you for sharing!

This song definitely invokes emotion. I love it so much.

I still remember how I felt after hearing this song for the first time. I was listening to the radio and the dramatic intro immediately got my attention. Then the voice kicked in and I realized this is a new Madonna song. Omg I was stunned!! I had no idea she was capable of pulling off a vocal as powerful as this. The "you think that you are strong but you are weak....." part nearly brought tears to my eyes. Her voice was just so perfect! The wait til Evita seemed to drag after this. I was so ready to hear a full album with this "new voice".

On a side note, this time of year always reminds me of this song. That video with the leaves and just the overall sound/vibe of the song is very fall/winter.

I have truth on my side,
You only have deceit

WeboGirl, your Mum sounds so lovely.

This is such a beautiful break up song. Beautiful vocals, inspiring lyrics and such a strong and gorgeous melody. Love how Madonna sings this. Topping it all off, how about how she beautiful she looks in the video clip. I always say that Madonna does vintage glamour and beauty betting than any current star and this video proves it. Plus, love the scenes of Autumn, my favourite season. Madonna ballads are always something special.

This song is one of the rare Madonna songs that created such strong emotions from me that i almost cried when i listened to it the first time. Everything is perfect about it: the lyrics, the melody, the VOCALS,... Everything. One of her most perfect songs.

I still remember how I felt after hearing this song for the first time. I was listening to the radio and the dramatic intro immediately got my attention. Then the voice kicked in and I realized this is a new Madonna song. Omg I was stunned!! I had no idea she was capable of pulling off a vocal as powerful as this. The "you think that you are strong but you are weak....." part nearly brought tears to my eyes. Her voice was just so perfect! The wait til Evita seemed to drag after this. I was so ready to hear a full album with this "new voice".

On a side note, this time of year always reminds me of this song. That video with the leaves and just the overall sound/vibe of the song is very fall/winter.

All of this!! My very favorite ballad ever. I honestly believe it saved my life.

She performed this on selected US dates on the Drowned World Tour and it was glorious!

Yes I was at the one of her NYC shows when she did this- so stunning! I love Gone too but was happy to see this live since we got Gone on the official release.

She performed this on selected US dates on the Drowned World Tour and it was glorious!

I was lucky enough to hear her perform it at one of her Boston shows and it was indeed grand! I think it has become one of those forgotten hits. Of course "Who's That Girl" fell into that category too and then suddenly reappeared in the current tour. So maybe we'll hear it again live someday...