The band

Dr Lecter

Is it just Monte on guitar, the percussion and keyboards?

Is it all sequenced and programmed .

Unless I'm blind there's no acclaimed bass player like the one on BA who joined in randomly dancing to EY and the band looks quite small .

I miss Omar .

The lack of bass player is something I noticed too. I think the band just embellishes the backing tapes. Unapologetic Bitch, for example, just sounds like someone stuck the CD on. Are the drums real drums or just those electronic pads that are popular nowadays?

I saw on some clips of LFL that when the drum beat kicks in one of the guys is jut tapping something in sync with it.

Next tour will just be her and Monte

He's her Chris Lowe from the PsB

I saw on some clips of LFL that when the drum beat kicks in one of the guys is jut tapping something in sync with it.

Next tour will just be her and Monte

He's her Chris Lowe from the PsB

CT was awful that way, there were moments when Stuart was just fiddling on that white lap top...

CT was awful that way, there were moments when Stuart was just fiddling on that white lap top...

Yes!! And his little monitor .

Sticky had more of a band no? Or was that just the Romanian chaps just added ?

Unless I'm blind there's no acclaimed bass player like the one on BA who joined in randomly dancing to EY and the band looks quite small .

I miss Omar .

I think I saw a bass player in some videos. He's playing on the side of the drummer, the right side when facing the stage. There are four musicians, two on each side, right?

It's been the same band post-CT on the last 3 tours I believe.

Yes, the core band has been the same:

Kevin Antunes (musical director, keyboards, programming)

Monte Pittman (guitar)

Brian Frasier-Moore (drums)

Ric'key Pageot (keyboards)

Nicki Richards (backing vocals)

Kiley Dean (backing vocals)

Additional musicians on the MDNA Tour

Raymond Hudson (bass)

Jason Yang (violin)

Kalakan (vocals and percussions)

Additional musicians on the Sticky & Sweet Tour

Kolpakov Trio (vocals, guitar, violin)

The band leaves the stage during the interludes, at least they did during Messiah

As amazing as this tour is, the only thing lacking is the musicians. That's my only complaint. We need a second percussionist and a bass player. Bring it back M!

The lack of bass player is something I noticed too. I think the band just embellishes the backing tapes. Unapologetic Bitch, for example, just sounds like someone stuck the CD on. Are the drums real drums or just those electronic pads that are popular nowadays?

The drummer Brian does use acoustic drums which I guess is what you mean by "real" drums.(The sound comes from you actually hitting it) But I think it is mixed in with some electronic drums as well. He has a very large drum kit. ) The drum pads are part of electronic drums which when you hit it sends an electronic current which sends a message to play a sample. But you are playing in real time so electronic drums are technically still "real drums", as opposed to a drum machine. Electronic drum kits have existed and been played since the early 80's so not what sure what you mean by "popular nowadays"!

He is actually on the cover of current Modern Drummer.

A lot of modern dance music doesn't use actual bass guitar anymore. Bass guitars are more and more kind of outdated except for rock music.

You should listen to a Rihanna concert. Lol, I know how that idea sounds, but she uses a full band. Drums bass, you name it. And it sounds good! It really shouldn't matter what kind of music it is. Everything can be converted and performed with the use of live instruments.

No percussionist since after DWT, no bass player since ROL promo tour. definitely a huge loss. the current drum player is an improvement over the english guy who was with her up until confessions, but lets face it, the whole band set up has never been as good since The Girlie Show.

I appreciate her music has changed, and i think its easy to assume a lot of it is prorgrammed, when im sure alot is still played live - however, it doesnt have that live feel. its the change in her live set up i would like to see, but she obviously likes it as it is. she has had a much fuller band, and chooses to keep it streamlined like it is now - she must have her reasons.

I miss Omar .

Omar give me some kick baby

You should listen to a Rihanna concert. Lol, I know how that idea sounds, but she uses a full band. Drums bass, you name it. And it sounds good! It really shouldn't matter what kind of music it is. Everything can be converted and performed with the use of live instruments.

This...there's really more of a physical reaction from the audience...people react a lot more instinctive 2 live instruments.

Steve Sydelnyk had the worst drum kit ever...I'm pretty sure it was produced by Fisher Price. :fag:

Guest Rachelle of London

This...there's really more of a physical reaction from the audience...people react a lot more instinctive 2 live instruments.

Steve Sydelnyk had the worst drum kit ever...I'm pretty sure it was produced by Fisher Price. :fag:

Fisher Price

:dead:

I agree with Whoop. Rihannas band is amazing. They add such a great Kick to the music. I listen to my GS audio and it still sounds amazing. Nothing can beat a proper band.

Agree with everything above. I think the reason the acoustic sections of this tour have gotten such a great response is for this very reason, because you can feel the live instruments, even though they are pared down. The couple of times she's done Ghosttown with the full band live also got an enormous response from the audience. I hope she cuts the programmed sound and goes back to a full live band someday.

Agree with everything above. I think the reason the acoustic sections of this tour have gotten such a great response is for this very reason, because you can feel the live instruments, even though they are pared down. The couple of times she's done Ghosttown with the full band live also got an enormous response from the audience. I hope she cuts the programmed sound and goes back to a full live band someday.

I agree!

I think The Girlie Show band was her best band.Those guys were great!

Agreed. The Blond Ambition band was great too.

Agree with everyone in here. There's something about a live band that brings an extra-oomph to a concert, see The Girlie Show.

That's something that's been missing in all of her recent tours, but I think it's more evident on RHT because most of the RH tracks are being performed in (almost) their original version (and like someone else mentioned, that's why the acoustic section works so well). Even if all RH tracks were pre-programmed, I think it'd feel a little more "live" if the arrangements weren't so similar to the album version.

I think The Girlie Show band was her best band.Those guys were great!

Yes! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Did she use the same band in the early-1993 promo tour? She had a great band for SNL and Arsenio too.

Confessions definitely had the worst band. A black mark on an otherwise perfect tour. But the shows since CT have all at least felt a bit more real, whether they are or not.

I'd love to see her do another tour like the GS, with the big band and live rearrangements.

I don't agree with the idea that there are "real" and "not real" instruments. Electronic music is as much a valid art form and takes as much talent to create as non-electronic music.

Computers don't write music by themselves. You still need someone to program that and create a good song.

But everyone seems to buy into this idea that any type of music created with electronics or computers is automatically bad and worse than music created with more traditional instruments such as guitars and acoustic drums.

A band like Nickelback uses all "real" instruments. Does that make their music more authentic and of higher quality than electronic artists?

Guest Rachelle of London

You're reading way far into the topic, and I don't think anyone else brought up those points you just mentioned..

+1

Isn't everyone just saying they prefer a live band like the one she used for girlie show?

maybe its because of my "making of ROL" post? (I just meant in general anyway. not just the record. I think thats when she got familiar and more into electronic music and started using that on stage) thats also why coadf isn't my fav. tour.. i think its a little turn off when they're pressing keyboards or electronic music devices instead of seeing a real band. i also miss a donna&nicki pair on stage with her (and i don't count kiley sitting next to her with true blue LOL. and I prefer Nicki Richards anyway)

Yes, I was responding to Nikki's comment rather than the general topic. But aren't keyboards an instrument? What's the difference between playing an electronic keyboard and an acoustic piano? They both take skill. Why is one more real than the other?

I still don't understand how you expect her to perform her electronic music from her albums on her tours using real instruments like guitar, bass, acoustic drums. It's going to sound totally different and not the sound she is going for. Electronic music and conventional instruments by their nature sound very different. It's going to sound totally different and while some think it sounds better that is not the sound she is going for.

Guest Rachelle of London

I still don't understand how you expect her to perform her electronic music from her albums on her tours using real instruments like guitar, bass, acoustic drums. It's going to sound totally different and not the sound she is going for. Electronic music and conventional instruments by their nature sound very different. It's going to sound totally different and while some think it sounds better that is not the sound she is going for.

Of course it will sound different. Kind of the whole point.

And of course it's not the sound Madonna is going for. That's not even being debated.