Will it be "Heart" rather than "Rebel" next time?

mad4mad2

As we know RH is the perfect combination of fun and deep introspective music in one. Will we see this kinda of marriage in the future or will she finally embrace the "Heart" sound (think Rol/COADF) next time around? No more GGW,BIM or Holly water type of music/lyrics, will you be ok with that?

I think it's always a mixture, and that's the secret to her success (and why some people simply can't fathom her).

She embraces all facets of herself, whereas most of us play to our dominant traits and present ourselves likewise.

She has said that she writes best when depressed, so not that fans should connect the dots in a tabloid way, but we will still have to wait and listen....whatever it takes to create a meaningful place that people will take to heart and remember I'm all for. :)

I think that she's Heart 70% an Rebel 30%.

I mean her Rebel albums are Erotica and American Life, with a few songs from the other albums, and she's getting softer and romantic, melancholic.

There will always be a Rebel M, but a Heart inside.

Guest Rocco Papa

Well, I wouldn't be surprised as the tour seems to be mostly "Heart" this time around. Maybe she's exhausted the "Rebel" side after this album campaign and the last tour. But if she takes time away from music to direct a film after this tour, then who knows? She may want to bring the "Rebel" side out again.

I am all for a rebel on the level of Erotica and American Life. I appreciate BIM, Candy Shop and GGW (well, the latter not so much), but I really do not see how can she keep exploring her renewed youth-oriented, club-goer persona anymore. Probably BIM's statement it's like the highest it can go: this is me this decade and deal with it. What else?

Most of her albums are Rebel Hearts though.....esp LAV/Erotica/Music/American Life/Hard Candy/MDNA......I'd say American Life is a better execution of the Rebel Heart concept than the RH album itself.

Guest bluejean

When it comes to the music she is more 'heart' than 'rebel' imo. The 'rebel' side was more in her image, career choices, videos etc. Even 'Erotica' was largely love/heartbreak songs.

And I think the point is that the 'Rebel' nature is a result of following her heart. That's what the whole album concept is about.

Guest Rocco Papa

When it comes to the music she is more 'heart' than 'rebel' imo. The 'rebel' side was more in her image, career choices, videos etc. Even 'Erotica' was largely love/heartbreak songs.

And I think the point is that the 'Rebel' nature is a result of following her heart. That's what the whole album concept is about.

Yeah, the "Rebel" side is mostly reflected in the image. It's like when she released Bedtime Stories, she said that if people were able to focus on the music of Erotica, they would've enjoyed it more. And the MDNA era was mostly "Rebel" image-wise, but the album itself is mostly "Heart."

I, honestly, wouldn't be opposed to a "Heart" era image-wise next time. It would be nice to not have the media/public tear her to shreds at every move she makes. That alone is making this tour much more enjoyable for me than the last tour. I get that it's her thing to push boundaries and when you do that, you're going to be a target. But too much of anything isn't good. And she's always been very smart at knowing when to tone it down. She wouldn't be apologizing for anything, of course. She would just be doing something different.

I love both. She always gives us both. Erotica had a rebel side and a heart side.

She's very good at that. It's her personality. Sometimes she's organic, soft and sweet. And sometimes she's, give it to me rough, baby.

I love her!

I love HEART Madonna as much as the next, but I need my Madonna BOPS to keep me going. #TeamRebel

you.....can't....buy this in no luxury store

BITCH. get off my pole!

BITCH. get off my pole!

rCzBmCA.gif

Madonna will always be made up of both parts but I do have a feeling that the next album will be more "Heart" focused due to the tour and things she has been saying recently, like in the Rolling Stone interview where she said she really wants to do a smaller more intimate tour.

I really want one more album from her that sweeps critics, audiences, and award shows like Ray of Light. I'm not saying a similar sound just a similar response.

Guest Pud Whacker

I hope it's what Madonna does best. A melodic, fabulous pop album ala Music, Confessions...

People used to pick up madonna albums to see what the new sound was...

It would be awesome if Madonna was at the forefront of that again.

maybe back where she started....an all-out dance record

(not disco nor electronic) just simple lyrics straight up dance!

Get back into the groove!

I hope it's what Madonna does best. A melodic, fabulous pop album ala Music, Confessions...

People used to pick up madonna albums to see what the new sound was...

It would be awesome if Madonna was at the forefront of that again.

RH is THE fabulous melodic album

tumblr_nn2cusZsqy1qlycwjo1_500.gif

I have noticed in the past three decades, there is usually the "rebel" album, the "heart" album, then the "spiritual" album, and the "fun album.

80's-

Madonna- Fun

Like A Virgin- Heart

True Blue- Rebel

Like A Prayer- Spiritual

90's-

Erotica- Rebel

Bedtime Stories- Heart

Ray Of Light- Spiritual

2000's-

Music- Rebel

American Life- "Spiritual"

Confessions- Fun

Hard Candy- Heart

2010's-

MDNA- Rebel

Rebel Heart- Heart

(Next Album)- either spiritual or fun

Of course all albums have a certain per centage of all four types of songs. I feel like MDNA is the Erotica of the 2010's, and Rebel Heart is the Bedtime Stories of the 2010's. This decade seems to mirror the 90's most. I can see the next album being like Like A Prayer/Ray Of Light, and probably being the final album of this decade. Then possibly, the 2020's will start with the "Fun" album.

^ I think the 2010s albums have been a mixed bag of many things combined, both revisited and new. Both MDNA and Rebel Heart are like Madonna-in-a-box, kind of. They pack a lot of what she represents (musically and aesthetically) but do bring a few interesting sounds that are different from her back catalogue.

It would be nice if for the next musical project she does an album with a complete new sound and some imagery that moves on from the last two albums, which seem to be (to me at least) more celebratory of her career.