Any Interest in Madonna Top Videos List?

Mooncrown11

Top Madonna Music Videos  

40 members have voted

1. 1. How many videos should we include for this list?

• Top 40
    • Top 30
    • Top 25
    • Top 20
    • Top 10

Changing this poll to a music video countdown instead. If you have already voted for the song list, please vote again for the amount of videos you would like to see in the countdown.

Let's all vote by 10/31 and then I'll go with the majority vote.

Thanks all!

Def!

I voted for top 100.

I have only one suggestion. We extend the deadline a few weeks. October 17th is a week away and people are getting ready to leave town for M concerts, and what not.

Maybe a little more time will get more votes.

Def!

I voted for top 100.

I have only one suggestion. We extend the deadline a few weeks. October 17th is a week away and people are getting ready to leave town for M concerts, and what not.

Maybe a little more time will get more votes.

Good point WeboGirl! I extended the voting deadline to the 25th.

I was planning on doing the madonnanation top 40 next year after the tour had completed....

OK no worries - Thanks for letting me know whoop.

I think we can wait until after the tour to do your Top 40 instead of doing a list now. That will give us something to keep us occupied next year after the tour wraps up while we are waiting for M's next move :thumbsup:

I'm confused. Are Whoop's Top 40 and Mooncrown's Top 50 two separate things?

The more countdowns the better, in my opinion!

I think they are a little different as mine includes all songs and is a strict countdown while I think whoop's is just for the singles and included some write-ups from members- is that right?

I would be fine with doing both but I don't want people not to do whoop's next year if they do this one now.

Maybe I should just do a non-singles list and then there would be no duplication? Would that work for people?

I think they are a little different as mine includes all songs and is a strict countdown while I think whoop's is just for the singles and included some write-ups from members- is that right?

I would be fine with doing both but I don't want people not to do whoop's next year if they do this one now.

Maybe I should just do a non-singles list and then there would be no duplication? Would that work for people?

I think non-singles is a good idea.

Stephen I always loved doing your top 50 list at our former forum residence and would love participating in it again if that is what you will do.

I will say that it might be interesting doing a non singles list. That way it would be different from the one Whoop does who has probaly done the list for some time at this forum.

I am interested in what my non single list would look like since my favorite song is a single. But then I would like to see my list of her whole discography so I don't know! Well after Whoop does his list I can just mesh them together.

I would be happy with anything you want to do. I know very well the wonderful job you do. If we do a whole discography I do vote for a top 100. The cuts after my top 25 are devastating. :lol: If we do non singles I think a top 50 will be okay.

I look forward to whatever you do Stephen! :)

Stephen I always loved doing your top 50 list at our former forum residence and would love participating in it again if that is what you will do.

I will say that it might be interesting doing a non singles list. That way it would be different from the one Whoop does who has probaly done the list for some time at this forum.

I am interested in what my non single list would look like since my favorite song is a single. But then I would like to see my list of her whole discography so I don't know! Well after Whoop does his list I can just mesh them together.

I would be happy with anything you want to do. I know very well the wonderful job you do. If we do a whole discography I do vote for a top 100. The cuts after my top 25 are devastating. :lol: If we do non singles I think a top 50 will be okay.

I look forward to whatever you do Stephen! :)

Thanks for the kind words Lisa! I am kind of leaning towards a Non-Singles list if I do it and yes I think Top 50 would be good if we went that way. Let me think about it some more :lightbulb:

I don't know where the idea of the MadonnaNation Top Song Countdowns were single-only came from, as that was never the case. The most recent one in 2013 allowed any song, the same with the one from last decade back in 2007. The MadonnaNation countdowns was always a community effort and event, as a lot of us consider everyone family. That's why there's the write ups, to make it feel like a celebration and bring it down to a personal level to show that everyone connects to Madonna's songs in different ways.

Here's a link to the most recent one from 2013:

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=43906

And the one from 2007. Don't know if there were any others, but this is the only surviving one that was to be found:

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=13992&page=1

I don't know where the idea of the MadonnaNation Top Song Countdowns were single-only came from, as that was never the case. The most recent one in 2013 allowed any song, the same with the one from last decade back in 2007. The MadonnaNation countdowns was always a community effort and event, as a lot of us consider everyone family. That's why there's the write ups, to make it feel like a celebration and bring it down to a personal level to show that everyone connects to Madonna's songs in different ways.

Here's a link to the most recent one from 2013:

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=43906

And the one from 2007. Don't know if there were any others, but this is the only surviving one that was to be found:

http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=13992&page=1

Sorry whoop for some reason I thought yours was limited to singles when it clearly was not. :blush: I think we should all wait to do your countdown next year instead so I took down the poll .

Looking forward to participating :)

A video list could be interesting!

Yes ! I could definitely be down with hosting a music video list! She is as much a visual artist as she is a singer/songwriter and also you may love a video even though you don't necessarily love a song or not like a video but love a song so the results will be interesting.

I can include some stats on the videos and other interesting tidbits when we count them down.

Thanks for the idea Chelle!

Now how many? Top 20? Top 25? Top 30? More?

Yes, Madonna's video clips are better than any other artists by an absolute mile. Would love a video poll. Top 30 would be great as there are so many. Mooncrown, love that your song of the week is back. :thumbsup:

Thanks Janelle! Glad to be back.

I think we can do this! I'll put up a new poll for the videos and revise the name of the thread.