Which tour has the right level of oldies but goodies

Guest bluejean

Which tour has the right level of oldies but goodies?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. Which tour has the right level of oldies but goodies?

• Drowned World
    • Re-invention
    • Confessions
    • Sticky & Sweet
    • MDNA
    • Rebel Heart

I picked Sticky

But its not just the numbers but also the distribuitiin through the setlist , for Sticky and rebel heart the flow is perfect in this sense and all performances of oldies were just as good as the other songs , we dont have duds such as EXpress yourself 2004 or for example on mdna when the concert dies betwen vogue and like a prayer

I had to go with Sticky & Sweet, though it's very closely followed by Rebel Heart and Re-Invention. :)

I second the Drowned World Tour working incredibly well with only having two 80s hits. (Helps having three popular albums full of hits never performed before)..

MDNA, despite not really liking the album, the tour itself worked very well, so it would get my vote if not for DWT.

Sticky and Confessions were too heavy on the new. We really didn't need live performances for LION, or Spanish Lesson, DWRY, etc.

Despite being thrilled with Who's That Girl, Dress you up, and True Blue, still not quite sold on their reinventions, so it couldn't get my vote.

I think MDNA did have the oldies but the sequencing was wrong .

Sticky for all the stick it gets had the songs in good order so

Drown World Tour concentrating on her current catalog was a bold stroke of genius.

Agree. Made her seem fresh and exciting - the opposite of a Spanish-themed '80s medley. But, I get it: so I pick S&S and MDNA because the oldies (even though there were more than I'd prefer) didn't drag down the show.

Guest Rachelle of London

Sticky!!!!

It was still the tour to promote HC but it had some great classics and as Lecter said was in a great order

The way I see it DWT has the fewest oldies and RIT had the most. To me both of those go too far in an extreme direction. All the other tours more or less have the same proportion of oldies to new material. So I think with the most recent tours the balance is good.

RIT had the perfect mix IMO, especially to start with an oldie, and something as iconic as "Vogue", then a great mix with new and old (the second song being "Nobody Knows Me" had the crowd still going cray-cray, haha. It never stopped from there).

Re-Invention. Rebel Heart and Sticky & Sweet aren't far behind.

DWT is my favorite tour ever, but I don't think she could pull that off again.

I voted RHT. Both Rebel Heart and Sticky are both perfect mixes of old and new in my mind. There's a strong focus on new material and the old material is reinvented but remains recognizable and maintains the spirit of the original tracks.

S&S. Anyone that voted DWT is crazy

I picked it only because I loved the album tracks that made it to the setlist: Candy Perfume Girl, Impressive Instant, Mer Girl, Sky Fits Heaven. Plus, I loved their performances as well.

Rebel Heart for sure!

I mean, you have "Deeper and Deeper", "Love Don't Live Here Anymore", "Material Girl", "True Blue", "Who's That Girl?", and "Dress You Up" songs she hasn't done live in literally years, decades even or at all. And the best thing of it all is that they all intertwine perfectly together with her new material! So yeah, Rebel Heart Tour wins 😊

I'm actually leaning towards RH on this one. The oldies don't overshadow the message and feeling of Rebel Heart or the album tracks, which I kind of think was the case with for example Re-Invention.