Forbidden Love VS Forbidden Love

george28

Which of the two Forbidden Love's do you all prefer?

I always think about it but can never decide, lol.... I love the sultry, sexy, romantic flow of Bedtime Stories Forbidden Love, but COADF Forbidden Love is also really mesmerizing and magical

Confessions is sonic gorgeousness... and that performance of it on the tour, my GOD... so of course that's my choice.

BUT I do love the Bedtime Stories version, so sexy, love it was another song with Babyface, and that it showed up on the amazing compilation, "Something to Remember"

Both are among my all-time favorite album cuts. Both could have been such hits as singles. (Imagine the video for 90s "Forbidden Love" :dramatic: )

If I had to choose ... I'd choose ... Ugh this is so hard ... "Confessions." Today, anyway. But ask me on a different day and I'd say "Bedtime Stories."

Guest Medoner

Forbidden love on confessions is one of my favorite songs of all time. Its one of a kind it really took me to another world

heard BS Forbidden Love was originally considered as a fifth single and was supposed to have a video about M falling in love with a priest; anybody else ever heard this?

I can't discuss Madonna songs without writing a novel.

Forbidden Love '94 is a beautifully, romantic taboo song. She desperately wants to be with this person she's singing about, but she cannot. The desire is so great and it feels wonderful to be with this person. In her perfect world this is how love should be, unfortunately, for whatever reason, it's forbidden.

And she's right...rejection IS the greatest aphrodisiac.

Forbidden Love '05 is a deeper more abstract desire. She's taken it one step further. She wants to know if they can be together, but one person lives in one world and she in another. In the '94 song she sings, "in your kiss", which was enough to give into her desires. "Just one kiss" does the same for her in this song. Her temptations are so strong, she has to ask herself if they're supposed to be together.

The songs are essentially about the same thing. Temptation; and the agony of resisting it.

As for the music. I love them both. One is soulful and the other is more trance-like.

Thumbs up for both!

Bedtime Stories, hands down!!! This song takes me to another place everytime I listen to it.

Bedtime Stories version is more organic and natural, COAD is more technology based but I like the theme and vocals in both. I would say the Bedtime Stories one has a fraction of a percent more to it, as it's more intimate, but I love them both.