Toronto October 6

Brotherhood

There was Madonna-drama during La Isla Bonita. I was on the right side of the heart stage and these two women were trying to "get to their seat" (uh-huh) - conveniently they said their seats were located by the heart but they couldn't get to them by walking by the heart because where I was and around me, there was no aisle between the heart and the seats and they refused to use the proper aisle (on the other side away from the heart). Security got involved, and another gentleman wearing a top hat (who was quite loud) was instructed to go back to his seat. And others who crashed the heart but didn't have tickets beside it were told to go back to their seat. Things cooled down after that.

As much as I loved being on the floor, it got a little territorial at times. And very testy. It put a little bit of a damper during the Spanish/flamenco section.

It was an amazing show. I thought both nights were very special. Hearing Ghosttown in a concert venue just reminds me that it really is a song that should have been a huge #1 worldwide smash for her. It stood up against some of her best material.

The Unapologetic Bitch was ADORABLE. And sexy, too.

Madonna looked and sounded beautiful.

Edited by TomToronto

Guest bluejean

I find the shit fights with security ridiculous. Considering all the tickets on the floor and beyond sold for $355 I think people should be allowed to wander up to the heart if they choose. It's not like they were blocking anyone's view. This is a concert not a freaking church. This is why I always prefer General Admission on the floor at concerts. Not only is it more fair but it creates a better atmosphere. If people really want to be in pole position they will arrive early and stay the fuck there.

With seating its largely luck what seats you get.

I agree with you but it was also unfair to the people who had tickets by the heart and were "muscled out" so to speak. I can see both sides.

You're right though - they should just make it General Admission to avoid this drama. But GA doesn't seem to be big in North America - not sure if it's because of fire code regulations.

Edited by TomToronto

For giggles I'd love a tour in which 1/2 the floor on the left is seated and the other on the right 1/2 is G.A. One side would look like a wake and the other side like Carnival. :confessions:

Tonight was truly mind blowing.

Prior to the show I saw they had $90 tickets near the heart stage and while I already had 3rd row I bought a second ticket so I could move freely between 2 locations :lmao:

Anyway so 'Iconic' really is a performance of life as we all know. I filmed most of it this time. It's just... INCREDIBLE. Being in the 3rd row I could really see her face clearly, it's so exciting when she comes near you. Jesus.

'Body Shop' is so fucking cool.

'Deeper and Deeper' was a highlight for me on the first night and I went nuts again tonight but mid way I crept out into the corridor and went around to my seat near the heart. Which actually seemed alot closer in person than it was on the map. I was in fact allowed to move up toward the heart but only when she was on the heart stage. And boy did they enforce those rules :lol: The guy next to me in my heart seat said I came up on the screens many times :lol: I wish I saw that :lol:

For 'Heartbreak City' at one point Madonna was literally less than 2 meters away from me. It's true to say she looks older up closer but she really has the most beautiful eyes. And when she smiles she's so beautiful.

The speech before 'Rebel Heart' explaining the title was so beautiful last night and I actually really liked what she said so I made a video this time, except of course the speech wasn't the same. But this is what she said tonight:

"It's not just about being provocative, starting trouble and stirring up shit. It's about having a purpose, and it's about doing it with the right intentions and with a big heart. You can make all the trouble you want in the world but if you don't have the right intentions then you're just wasting your time. I know what it's like to grow up feeling lost and feeling alone and not feeling like you belong somewhere. When you do find your tribe you say A fucking men. There is a God, he does care for me and there is somebody for everybody in this world."

Anyway I sang every line of Rebel Heart at her and when she sang "Thought I belonged to a different tribe, walking alone never satisfied satisfied... tried to fit in but it wasn't me I said oh no, I want more, that's not what I'm looking for" she was looking directly at me and smiling!!! I almost died. It was like she knew that was the part of the song I love most. And she really does make eye contact with people on that heart stage. She touched afew people's hands, I couldn't get in close enough for that and I didn't want to be rude to those people who had been lucky enough to get the seats directly in front of the heart. I was VERY lucky overall with the seats I got for both shows as it was!

After that I went back out into the corridor to go to my seat in the 3rd row. And a woman stopped me and asked me if I was leaving and if she could have my floor ticket so she could get up closer to Madonna. So of course since I wasn't planning on going back to the the heart I gave it to her. For all I know she was in the nosebleeds so even though Madonna doesn't really go on the heart stage much after that it probably meant alot to her.

I already said this after the 3rd show but 'Candy Shop' really is a highlght. It's a Madonna classic now for me. It may as well of been a top 10 hit for all I care.

Overall I would say tonight was better than the first night. I think the crowds tend to suck up close but when you've got Madonna right up close within arms reach everyone just goes nuts. It seemed to be a younger crowd tonight too, I would say probably because they discounted alot of tickets to a price more affordable for students in their 20's and that sort of thing. Also alot more people dressed up.

Seriously though, it was incredible. How amazing for those it must be that have gone to her previous tours as well. She really is an amazing and inspiring human being.

thank you for this post. Very heartfelt and I was moved by your words.

She wore a different cape last night, was it the first time???

she has 2 capes i saw a pic a while ago. is it me or are their outfits differen't too? Madonna's and her Japanese dancers?

I find the shit fights with security ridiculous. Considering all the tickets on the floor and beyond sold for $355 I think people should be allowed to wander up to the heart if they choose. It's not like they were blocking anyone's view. This is a concert not a freaking church. This is why I always prefer General Admission on the floor at concerts. Not only is it more fair but it creates a better atmosphere. If people really want to be in pole position they will arrive early and stay the fuck there.

With seating its largely luck what seats you get.

Same here

Italian and German arena shows are the best in that respect

Spain too I think? Does France have GA for arenas?

yes Ms outfit - the jacket - is different, I like this more

I do too and her hair looks different lol

UB section was funny. We've a deer caught in the headlight here. :lmao: but honestly, If I was up there I would get star struck as well.

Bitch should go to South America!!!

I'm still in a glow today... I'm so happy I went. I nearly didn't, but knew I would make the decision last minute, haha.

I love that she tweeted 2nd night was even better, haha. I think two nights is good for people to get their bearings and start to get more in a party mood as the week progresses. There was a lot mania in the air when I first got to the arena. I knew Toronto had it in them... I was starting to worry about this city, haha.

Apparently DrownedMadonna reported that Billy requested Take a Bow and Crazy For You but she said she would not perform them because they are "too slow" and "would put everyone to sleep."

:madgemanson:

I'm personally offended that she thinks TAB would put us to sleep :madgemanson:

the dancer seemed a little to rough with her for heartbreak city if you hear her "ahh" https://youtu.be/vJYoJoq2A4Y?t=2m17s

or maybe thats what she's always doing and i just didn't hear it yet.

Good catch. I haven't heard that in the other performances, and it does look particularly rough. Probably hurt her by accident.

I went to both shows. First night was a blast because I was with friends and everyone in our section was up on their feet feeling it. Yesterday I went alone and the majority of my section was sitting down. Some bitch behind me complained she couldnt see and I told her "Madonna wants her crowd standing up" lol, usually I am a very considerate person but when it comes to Madonna I'm an unapologetic bitch, lol. I was dying for the time to come for months now and now that it's happened I'm disappointed that I dont have it to look forward to anymore, lol.... But the queen was amazing both nights!!!!!!

She should keep TAB for her farewell tour in 2035.

oh wow, I didn't catch that

OMG just got back!!!!! It was even better than last night!!!! She was less chatty during the first half but things really kicked up during the amazing medley and she rewarded us with Ghosttown :inlove: it was with the full band, not just with Monty, and it sounded like an anthem!!!!!!! It felt like a huge hit!!!!!!! So did Rebel Heart lol. Those songs got more attention than Who's That Girl or even Burning Up which is definitely one of the highlights. She was even funnier than last night - she was asking a guy in the audience what his sign was and he just said his name....and she was like uh I don't think we're compatible. I forgot what she said but it was so funny lol. Then later on in the show she saw him on his phone and she was like wait!! You're on your phone!! You don't love me!! You're not a rebel heart, you're a shit!!! F--k you!!! :lmao: and the unapologetic bitch was someone from Venezuela and didn't answer anything properly and she was like uh do you even speak English?

I was in the middle a few rows from the floor tonight and what a difference it made. The lighting just worked so much better and I got to see a lot of little details I missed last night in the nosebleeds. I saw maybe 3 dozen empty seats but it definitely looked full. And I thought HeartBreakCity was a little dull yesterday but loved it tonight. I think my favourite section is the third one - the run from La Isla Bonita to Lucky Star/Dress You Up is just ecstatic !!!!! I would compare it to the last section of Confessions for its sheer joy tbh. Oh and merchandise was selling out pretty quickly - they were running out of tshirt sizes before the show even started (at 9:25 - earliest start time yet?) and some of the programme stands only had a few left.

I think what makes this tour so special is that it feels like she's FINALLY realizing why she's so special and why she's truly the best - it's not necessarily the elaborate performances or the controversy or whatever - it's the music - her back catalogue is SO special and unique as pretty much all of her classics are about having a good time, being yourself, expressing yourself etc. It gives people so much joy. It kinda feels like she finally unlocked the secret or something and now she's celebrating it. This tour is just so effortless and joyous and perfect. I really hope she looks back on it as a very special show !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

also I LOVE LOVE LOVE Aya and Bambi !!!!!!!!!

One of my absolute favorite things about this tour has been the fan reactions to "Ghosttown" (when performed) and "Love Don't Live Here Anymore." Crowds go wild for them both. You'd think they were both # 1 smash hits. I love it.

Guest CzarnaWisnia

she also thinks the SEX interlude is super exciting, so she may be wrong

OMG, Can I love this woman even more? Last night was incredible!! The lower bowl was more packed than it was on Monday. It was the upper deck that was not full to capacity. I would say the show was 90-95% full. Everyone, was up on their feet in the lower section, much different from the previous night.

I had a great seat. I was in sec. 102 row 5 which was actually row 1 of the lower section!! Because I'm only 5'4", I don't do the floor sections unless I'm really close. So, my seat was an unobstructed view of the show - I could see over everyone's heads. I was almost toward the centre, beside the mixer, and could see the show, I guess, as it was meant to be seen:).

Posters above are right when saying the lighting is brilliant. The show isn't as elaborate at previous shows but they use the technology they have to great effect. The part of the stage that tilts and lifts up in the air is amazing. It's almost like there's still a lot going on but you don't realize it.

As for the show, M. was feeling it last night. She could feel the crowd this time around. I think the show went on for 2hrs 15-20 mins. My goodness, she was in a very relaxed, chatty mood. She was really adorable last night. Between, Marcelo, Dan the Libra, on being late, thoughts on men, getting married in Vegas, not stop humour. She was so cute, contemplating if she should do Ghosttown or not. I'm so there, if she decides to do the guitar with a bottle of wine thing lol!!

Highlights of the night: once again Iconic, Like a Virgin, Rebel Heart, Who's That Girl. I loved UB because it was like she was rolling with it. Her dress got caught in her shoe, while the backing track was still going - oops. Then the UB Libra guy lol!!!

This show is one that gets better with every view. I think because this show is centred on Madonna. My sister was at the show in a different seat. She's not a loon like me, but she said she loved the fact it was not so much about the stage and effects but it was about Madonna. M. was the star of the show and every show is different because of this. I so hope she books more shows, and does maybe NY again. I would definitely try to be there....

I hope everyone here gets to see her as many times as they can, because M. is worth it!!

Thank goodness I have the week off. I"m exhausted. So much fun the last two nights!! Long live the QUEEN!!

I was in section 102 as well, lol, I was in row 21 though and too many people were sitting down near me, I even got into a mini scrap with some bitches behind me who were complaining they couldnt see, lol

OMG, Can I love this woman even more? Last night was incredible!! The lower bowl was more packed than it was on Monday. It was the upper deck that was not full to capacity. I would say the show was 90-95% full. Everyone, was up on their feet in the lower section, much different from the previous night.

I had a great seat. I was in sec. 102 row 5 which was actually row 1 of the lower section!! Because I'm only 5'4", I don't do the floor sections unless I'm really close. So, my seat was an unobstructed view of the show - I could see over everyone's heads. I was almost toward the centre, beside the mixer, and could see the show, I guess, as it was meant to be seen:).

Posters above are right when saying the lighting is brilliant. The show isn't as elaborate at previous shows but they use the technology they have to great effect. The part of the stage that tilts and lifts up in the air is amazing. It's almost like there's still a lot going on but you don't realize it.

As for the show, M. was feeling it last night. She could feel the crowd this time around. I think the show went on for 2hrs 15-20 mins. My goodness, she was in a very relaxed, chatty mood. She was really adorable last night. Between, Marcelo, Dan the Libra, on being late, thoughts on men, getting married in Vegas, not stop humour. She was so cute, contemplating if she should do Ghosttown or not. I'm so there, if she decides to do the guitar with a bottle of wine thing lol!!

Highlights of the night: once again Iconic, Like a Virgin, Rebel Heart, Who's That Girl. I loved UB because it was like she was rolling with it. Her dress got caught in her shoe, while the backing track was still going - oops. Then the UB Libra guy lol!!!

This show is one that gets better with every view. I think because this show is centred on Madonna. My sister was at the show in a different seat. She's not a loon like me, but she said she loved the fact it was not so much about the stage and effects but it was about Madonna. M. was the star of the show and every show is different because of this. I so hope she books more shows, and does maybe NY again. I would definitely try to be there....

I hope everyone here gets to see her as many times as they can, because M. is worth it!!

Thank goodness I have the week off. I"m exhausted. So much fun the last two nights!! Long live the QUEEN!!

Good for you