Rebel Heart Tour DVD

madgefan

i don't understand why people aren't all saying turin (italy) like acko said.. three dates. perfect for a dvd. and the italian fans LOVE her (and rebel heart was semi successful in italy)

I for one loved Akerlund's work on her DVDs. His editing for Nobody Know Me in IGTTYAS is a masterpiece imo. I hope this time Madonna stays away from the editing board.

But yes, I would love M to film it in Italy. It seems like they love her the most.

i don't understand why people aren't all saying turin (italy) like acko said.. three dates. perfect for a dvd. and the italian fans LOVE her (and rebel heart was semi successful in italy)

"semi successful"?

800620.gif

The Confessions DVD is life :drama: Since Jonas already directed the GT and BIM videos, I think it's a safe bet to say that he'll probably direct the RH DVD as well!

I'd guess Turin, but I want Mexico.

Please don't let Akerlund edit this dvd. He is perfect for video clip, but the lives he edited are frenetic, not more of 2 sec per plan. Too fast, in that way you loose the essence of the live concert.

Yes, this. He also has a bad habit of relying on special effects, which makes shows completely unwatchable as live events -- moves are in slow mow, or shown several times in a row from different angles, he constantly superimposes screen footage over live footage, and even makes quick cuts to straight screen footage in the middle of amazing live footage.

If Madonna wants a live video to promote a new single or something, then Akerlund is a great choice. But for the tour DVD? Terrible choice.

Put me in the "anyone but Akerlund" camp.

I think Madonna is to blame here for being too self indulgent and going over board on the effects, filters and stills.

It's my gut-feeling it was her in charge rather than Auckland in producing what we got rather than a typical live showcase.

What makes you say that? It seems pretty clearly Akerlund considering the live videos she's released in the past decade of which he has not had a hand -- Sticky, MDNA -- have had far fewer special effects than the ones he has.

I agree it would be a good choice but the venue is not as big as Bercy and they might think its a bit too early in the tour to tape. Bercy would be good for taping since it is a bit bigger and they are familiar with taping concerts there and it's a few shows later.

Guest bluejean

Wouldn't Asia be kind of shitty. The audiences look dead on the filmed Japan concerts.

I think she should do Mexico. Or she could do Australia again.

• 2 weeks later...

It would be great if it is in Mexico but I doubt it. I think Turin would be a great choice, they have 3 dates!! and sure are passionate and dedicated fans.

Edited by shoecool

Arena shows are so much better to attend because everything is closer, acoustic is better etc, but this is not the case for dvd...

I feel so much more hyped watching to a concert dvd recorded in a stadium... I hope she would record it in Japan, there are currently 2 dates at Saitama Super Arena, and it has 37,000 capacity which is like a small stadium...

Oh god, I wished they recorded MDNA Tour dvd in Yankee Stadium, it would just be majestic...

It will be all the videos on YouTube edited together ;-) lol

Arena shows are so much better to attend because everything is closer, acoustic is better etc, but this is not the case for dvd...

I feel so much more hyped watching to a concert dvd recorded in a stadium... I hope she would record it in Japan, there are currently 2 dates at Saitama Super Arena, and it has 37,000 capacity which is like a small stadium...

Oh god, I wished they recorded MDNA Tour dvd in Yankee Stadium, it would just be majestic...

Aren't the japanese audience a bit to proper? Remember BAT in japan, audience was kind of dead

Japan audiences are so polite

Like TGS broadcast. *polite clapping while orgy on stage*

:lol:

But yes, it is true that Japanese audiences are known to be very polite.

(However, I don't think anything can compare to when she performed the people of Vienna who are used to operas, theatre and orchestral performances. It was for the S&S Tour and during the request section, M sang Angel and when it was time for the crowd to sing their lines, all 57,000 attendees were completely quiet every time. It's possibly still the most awkward thing I've ever seen :shy:.)

:lol:

But yes, it is true that Japanese audiences are known to be very polite.

(However, I don't think anything can compare to when she performed the people of Vienna who are used to operas, theatre and orchestral performances. It was for the S&S Tour and during the request section, M sang Angel and when it was time for the crowd to sing their lines, all 57,000 attendees were completely quiet every time. It's possibly still the most awkward thing I've ever seen :shy:.)

She sang dress u up

It was awful lol