Section of LIFE: Appreciate the second set

material_boy

Friends, I have a confession: I cannot stop watching / listening to the SHEER PERFECTION that is the Tokyo / Rockabilly set.

It begins, of course, with the stylish and sexy "Body Shop." That costume. That hair. The choreography. Using the car creepers. Those dancers and their abs :drool:

Then it delivers one the sweetest, most perfect reinventions of her career: "True Blue" :inlove:

And before you can wipe the tears from your eyes, it slaps you in the face with the fiercest goddamn performance of "Deeper and Deeper" ever delivered :wow:

Then grabs right you by the feels with the EPIC, incomparable "HeartBreakCity," with that CLASSIC "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" sample :dramatic:

It climaxes with this ICONIC reinvention of "Like a Virgin," Queen Madge bouncing across the stage. It's already a fan favorite here on the Nation :bow:

GOOD GOD, QUEEN. ARE YOU TRYING TO KILL ME? I can't handle this much brilliance, sexiness, and PERFECTION all at the same time. :dramatic::dramatic:

I LOOOOOOVE the second set! For me, it's like dream performances come true. When I first heard D&D 23 years ago, this is how I imagined the video- the clothes, the hair, especially- it's long and wild and flowing. Before GS, I also imagined her performing it more like this. I always wanted her to do a rockabilly look/something, and now I finally have it in this tour. True Blue is PERFECT like this, all though I will love to hear her scream "HEY!" while the dancers go "what!?"- then she says "listen!"....and sings. I usually like when she dances rather plays an instrument, but I get all happy seeing her looking gorgeous singing this. I feel like this is how it was meant to be. It can easily replace the video. LDLAH is also dreamatic...I never really liked this song, but the performance works. Like A Virgin is exactly the way it needs to be performed. I don't want her to perform it again after this lol- it's too awesome! The best part of this section is it was a complete surprise to me. I have read some of the rumors, and I didn't see this section mentioned. I knew about the Samurai, the sex/religion, the Spanish, and the crazy "30's" or 20's sections, but nothing about this one. I am very happy with it. I almost want the whole tour to be this section lol it's awesome!

I had a thread about the thematic element of the section here: http://forums.madonnanation.com/index.php?showtopic=50727.

Even though, overall, it's not as intense/flashy, It's a return to the strong thematic arc that's been found in several Act 2s of past tours.

Ah ha! I knew there was a thread where the second set's theme was discussed, but couldn't find it!

Goes to listen to this section again.