I brought a friend to RHT and now she's a loon. What should I introduce her now?

material_boy

I brought a casual fan friend to the Rebel Heart Tour and now's she's a loon. She's spent who knows how many hours on Spotify and YouTube listening / watching all she can, and she's constantly asking me questions about the Queen. So, where should I start her introduction? Classic albums like "Like a Prayer" and "Ray of Light?" Concert videos? Other live performances? Remixes? Movies?

To put it all in context, here's what she was familiar with before the concert:

• She owned "The Immaculate Collection"
  • She knew most of the of non-"Immaculate" 80s hits in the show, like "Dress You Up" and "True Blue," but not all of them ("Who's that Girl" was knew to her)
  • She had seen "Truth or Dare" -- but she could only recall parts of it
  • She knew 90s hits like "Secret" and "Take a Bow" and recognized "Rain" and "You'll See" while listening to a 90s mix in the car before the show, but said she'd "forgotten about" a number of them
  • She had listened to "Rebel Heart" on Spotify -- but only because we had tickets to the show

Since the show:

• She's listened to "Rebel Heart" non-stop -- and is in love with "HeartBreakCity" especially
  • She's watched "Open Your Heart," "Papa Don't Preach, "Rain," "Bedtime Story," "Express Yourself" and other videos on Rolling Stone's "20 greatest videos" list from the RH collector's mag I just bought
  • She's said she wants to watch "Who's that Girl" and "Desperately Seeking Susan"

I think watching re-watching "Truth or Dare" is a good next step. But where to go from there?

Let her watch all her concerts first and let her decide what sound and image she wants to explore more.

Yes, Confessions Tour first, it really is her career highlight. And please hold off Ray Of Light till December. I promise you it'll be her best winter

If her favorite is HBC, I'd go for Bedtime Stories, Music, and Something to Remember next.

Yes Something To Remember was basically my intro to Madonna as a little gay curious boy,learn to appreciate the purity and depth of Madonnas timeless,distinct voice before venturing into her more experimental stuff

Definitely show her DWT...that's her most stunning tour imo

I think she should make her way through M's discography in chronological order:

1. Madonna
  2. Like a Virgin
  3. "Gambler" and "Crazy for You"
  4. Madonna Live: The Virgin Tour
  5. True Blue
  6. Who's That Girl (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  7. You Can Dance
  8. Ciao Italia: Live from Italy
  9. Like a Prayer
  10. I'm Breathless and/or the film Dick Tracy
  11. The Immaculate Collection
  12. Truth or Dare
  13. Blond Ambition World Tour Live
  14. "This Used to Be My Playground"
  15. Erotica
  16. The Girlie Show: Live Down Under
  17. "I'll Remember"
  18. Bedtime Stories
  19. Something to Remember - only the new songs
  20. Evita
  21. Ray of Light
  22. "Beautiful Stranger"
  23. "American Pie" and "Time Stood Still"
  24. Music
  25. Drowned World Tour 2001
  26. American Life
  27. Remixed & Revisited
  28. I'm Going to Tell You a Secret
  29. (The leaked RIT Lisbon footage)
  30. Confessions on a Dance Floor
  31. The Confessions Tour
  32. "Hey You"
  33. Hard Candy
  34. Sticky & Sweet Tour
  35. "Celebration", "Revolver" and "It's So Cool"
  36. MDNA
  37. MDNA World Tour
  38. Rebel Heart

Guest Rachelle of London

are+you+kidding+me+She+is+Gwen+Stacey...

Karby all my non madonna fan friends loved that documentary. I rememeber when Channel 4 used to show it often everyone used to rave about it :lmao:

Great suggestions -- there seems to be consensus on showing her another tour. I think that's a good next step since she was so wowed with the spectacle of RHT -- another live show should keep that momentum going.

A couple folks said Confessions -- and there's a lot in that show she'd probably like -- but that DVD is so heavy with special effects editing ... It really distracts from the show itself. (At least for me.) Maybe Blond Ambition or the Girlie Show first.

are+you+kidding+me+She+is+Gwen+Stacey...

:lmao::lmao::lmao: I will NOT be showing her "IGTTYAS" for a long, long time.

Apart from the tours, make sure she sees the Oscar performance of Sooner or Later, The Marie Antoinette performance of Vogue and of course the Superbowl. I would also throw in Desperately Seeking Susan as a reminder of how effortlessly charismatic and beautiful she was at the start of her fame. She still is, of course. :laugh: Trust me, all women love Desperately Seeking Susan and she was perfect in that. If you can, get a marathon of all her video clips. I have watched these with boyfriends and friends and am always amazed at how they are so in awe of not only the music but the quality of the videos and how stunning she is. Works every time.

I think she should make her way through M's discography in chronological order:

• Madonna
  • Like a Virgin
  • "Gambler" and "Crazy for You"
  • Madonna Live: The Virgin Tour
  • True Blue
  • Who's That Girl (Original Motion Picture Soundtrack)
  • You Can Dance
  • Ciao Italia: Live from Italy
  • Like a Prayer
  • I'm Breathless and/or the film Dick Tracy
  • The Immaculate Collection
  • Truth or Dare
  • Blond Ambition World Tour Live
  • "This Used to Be My Playground"
  • Erotica
  • The Girlie Show: Live Down Under
  • "I'll Remember"
  • Bedtime Stories
  • Something to Remember - only the new songs
  • Evita
  • Ray of Light
  • "Beautiful Stranger"
  • "American Pie" and "Time Stood Still"
  • Music
  • Drowned World Tour 2001
  • American Life
  • Remixed & Revisited
  • I'm Going to Tell You a Secret
  • (The leaked RIT Lisbon footage)
  • Confessions on a Dance Floor
  • The Confessions Tour
  • "Hey You"
  • Hard Candy
  • Sticky & Sweet Tour
  • "Celebration", "Revolver" and "It's So Cool"
  • MDNA
  • MDNA World Tour
  • Rebel Heart
:thumbsup:

Guest bluejean

ESSENTIALS

The Virgin Tour DVD
Like a Prayer CD

The Immaculate Collection CD
Truth or Dare DVD
Blond Ambition Tour Nice DVD
Erotica/Sex Book
The Girlie Show Down Under DVD
Ray of Light
Music

Drowned World Tour DVD

Confessions CD

Confessions Tour DVD

Celebration 2CD

Celebration DVD

MDNA Tour DVD
Rebel Heart

I mean if she's not hooked after all of that she's a loser and you need to move on :lmao:

Hey! I'm also a new fan lmao :laugh: I just saw Madonna for the first time last night and the show was INCREDIBLE!! I've always been aware of Madonna, but I really became a fan after the SuperBowl! I bought MDNA and Rebel Heart on the day of release and everything. But tbh I'm just now exploring her discography. So far I have; The Immaculate Collection, Erotica, Ray of Light, GHV2, Music, American Life, Confessions, Hard Candy, Celebration (Deluxe), MDNA, and Rebel Heart. Maybe your friend and I can discover Madonna together :semifunny: Now I'm watching Truth or Dare for the first time :tigger:

Guest Rachelle of London

Hey! I'm also a new fan lmao :laugh: I just saw Madonna for the first time last night and the show was INCREDIBLE!! I've always been aware of Madonna, but I really became a fan after the SuperBowl! I bought MDNA and Rebel Heart on the day of release and everything. But tbh I'm just now exploring her discography. So far I have; The Immaculate Collection, Erotica, Ray of Light, GHV2, Music, American Life, Confessions, Hard Candy, Celebration (Deluxe), MDNA, and Rebel Heart. Maybe your friend and I can discover Madonna together :semifunny: Now I'm watching Truth or Dare for the first time :tigger:

You need Bedtime Stories in your life