Was 2003 Vmas kiss a highlight in M's career or not?

mad4mad2

Guest bluejean

Yes it was. Not a major highlight overall but it's the most notable moment of that era and one of the most memorable moments of that decade for her.

Drakegate is a drop in the ocean in comparison.

Not at all important for M. There are 1000 better moments.

It was the highlight for Brittany. She's done nothing else of note before or since. (well except that horrible Gimme More performance)

Nobody even remembers Xtina was there.

I don't find it to be a highlight in Madonna's career. Highlights are her fantastic tours, brilliant amazing music, ground breaking fantastic video clips, performances at the Oscars and award shows and certain films such as DSS and Evita. It created a lot of publicity and discussion, so is of note. Just way way down the list of highlights of her career though - well to me.

And no it wasn't a highlight for xtina as no one remembers she was even there. :lol:

It is forever known as the Madonna and Britney kiss. An iconic moment in pop culture? Without a doubt.

Nope. It was a great moment for fans, it made lots of headlines... But let's face it, it was the first Madonna stunt that didn't have a hit behind. Compared to other controversial moments it was...

hqdefault.jpg

Yep.

I'd say it was a highly for Britney's career because ... what else does she got going for her? That snake dance?

Highlight? Not for me. It was certainly an unforgettable moment, but it drew all sorts of criticism, most of which was the same shit she's still getting today, that she's over, desperate, too old, and latching on to young stars for popularity. 12 years later, nobody has even come close to snatching her crown.

Nope. It was a great moment for fans, it made lots of headlines... But let's face it, it was the first Madonna stunt that didn't have a hit behind. Compared to other controversial moments it was...

hqdefault.jpg

Well said!

This was a huge highlight in my life. I was in HS and the music scene was fucking SHIT around that time and it was around that time when gay marriage (most people were against it) was on everyone's lips. Seeing Madonna up there looking like an androgynous woman groom, singing about being bored with music and then gay marrying Britney and Xtina and making out with them on LIVE TV, then having Mista Elliot come out and rap, dressed as a man, gave me life! Everyone knew I was a Madonna fan so the next day I walked up into school and absolutely EVERYONE was like WTF WAS THAT? :lmao:

Well, it was the funeral of Christina's career so I guess it was a highlight for her... Not for M, but it surely was some memorable moment and one of my fav.

Why are the majority of people here trying to downplay this moment as if it was a just another normal day for Madonna? Saying this "I don't like Britney etc" like your opinion doesn't matter on this lmao. Ask any random person to name something memorable Madonna has done and you'll get this answer more than plenty of times. Fuck outta here!!!!

Why are the majority of people here trying to downplay this moment as if it was a just another normal day for Madonna? Saying this "I don't like Britney etc" like your opinion doesn't matter on this lmao. Ask any random person to name something memorable Madonna has done and you'll get this answer more than plenty of times. Fuck outta here!!!!

Did it change Madonna's career? Did it help it? Would her career be different if it didn't happened? I would say no.

Sure, she got major headlines and yes, it IS an ICONIC moment in pop culture history. And yes, the timing was perfect and another perfect example of her alliance to the LGBT cause. But I don't think it's a highlight in M's CAREER, sorry.

A highlight for me would be the 84 VMA, LAP, Erotica, Evita, ROL, etc, etc. Those definitive moments that have chenged the course of her career and even pop music...