RH Tour Thematic Sections

HolidayGuy

In the first section, "Iconic" and "Bitch I'm Madonna" kinda go together, and then we have "Burning Up" randomly in there. "Devil Pray" following "Holy Water" flows well, too.

And then we get to the second section, for which, historically, she's had some amazing arcs (notably Blond Ambition, Girlie Show, Drowned World. Both "Messiah" and "Body Shop" are directed to someone with whom she is not yet involved with. "True Blue" follows, as she's landed her guy, and "Deeper and Deeper" expresses hoe she can't help falling in love.love. But then her heart gets broken and she's in "Heartbreak City," and, as a result, "Love Don't Live Here Anymore." Finally, she meets someone who makes her feel "Like a Virgin" and it's all fresh and new again.

As with all tours, she later has songs that go well together, but this section seems to be the most cohesive in terms of an arc. Thoughts?

In the first section, "Iconic" and "Bitch I'm Madonna" kinda go together, and then we have "Burning Up" randomly in there. "Devil Pray" following "Holy Water" flows well, too.

And then we get to the second section, for which, historically, she's had some amazing arcs (notably Blond Ambition, Girlie Show, Drowned World. Both "Messiah" and "Body Shop" are directed to someone with whom she is not yet involved with. "True Blue" follows, as she's landed her guy, and "Deeper and Deeper" expresses hoe she can't help falling in love.love. But then her heart gets broken and she's in "Heartbreak City," and, as a result, "Love Don't Live Here Anymore." Finally, she meets someone who makes her feel "Like a Virgin" and it's all fresh and new again.

As with all tours, she later has songs that go well together, but this section seems to be the most cohesive in terms of an arc. Thoughts?

Agreed, I said earlier that this show has a strong narrative of Expressing love &romance in various forms.

Starting with The love for icons we worship and its superficiality. Then her love for her work as a individual and strong points of views ( not surpressed to corporate branding etc.) and her making a stand. Rebelling against what good little "icons" are supposed to be ( "show US your ass" and then shut up etc.) she further validates her sence of self and independency by Bitch, Im Madonna. Then there's love in religion and for it. Saints as vogue icons, nuns are brides of Jesus etc so she expressed it in sexual way however probably not meanibg it as sexual. Then Devil Pray is about ecuminism and The true love PART of all religions followed by universal messiah. Then comes The section you described, its a literal story Arch of love/romance. Then she validate The point of importance of love as a thing we live for ;) Then comes The love for fans from many colourful backrounds and cultures ( a fan medley,art work.) she also shows that fans truly know who she (that gurl) is to herself and she is a Rebel heart. Then The last section has themes of one night stands, gold diggers in The Material world etc. Ending in true comitment (la vie en rose,marriage). Then ends The show as being unapologetic as to how she views and tells all these above mentioned things. :)

Surely.

I guess the "SEX" bit between section 2 and LFL could just be her having fun before reailzing that LOVE is most important. :)

Oh UPS, I forgot that one :D Well yes, its obviously representing The physical form of love and Romance :)

But yeah, I don't think la vie en rose or unapologetic is random. They do fut The theme (perhaps a bit vague but still)

But thematically Burning Up is not related much to Iconic or BIM. Unless it's a burning up for the love of her fans?

There are those burning crosses on The backdrop so segwaying to religion PART + what you said? But yeah, thats a bit random :)

The second segment being the most theatrical stopped after DWT. For MDNA Tour for example it was the first section.

I think this time around the second segment is a Travolta/Elvis homage of sorts with the 1950s concept of "can't help falling in love" etc presented in the Madonna way of course.

I don't think Burning Up is random there, after all it was the earliest incarnation of the "Bitch I'm Madonna" theme, wasn't it? "Unlike the others I'd do anything"...

The second segment being the most theatrical stopped after DWT. For MDNA Tour for example it was the first section.

I think this time around the second segment is a Travolta/Elvis homage of sorts with the 1950s concept of "can't help falling in love" etc presented in the Madonna way of course.

I don't think Burning Up is random there, after all it was the earliest incarnation of the "Bitch I'm Madonna" theme, wasn't it? "Unlike the others I'd do anything"...

I hadn't thought of that, but that makes some sense. Still, it feels musically out of step with the rest of the opening set. I wouldn't mind it being dropped from the set -- especially if she's adding other songs elsewhere, like she did "Ghosttown" in Brooklyn.

• 2 weeks later...

I see "Burning Up" the reason to need the "Holy Water" to cool off with....it fits right in there.