The BOXSCORE thread [part 1]

Apples388

With some of the dates, there is less reported capacity than with the last tour for the same venue, but for others- or at least one, Madison Square Garden- it's more. Hmmm...

Check out my earlier post, HG - that might help to clarify the situation for you...

Golden circle were $200 which was one of the most expensive concert tickets ever seen in Australia at that time. My dad gave me just a standard ticket as an early xmas present & it cost hime $77 i think which was ridiculously expensive as well. I think he commented that it was more than hed ever spent on a concert ticket and was a few days wage i believe. Theres tv news on youtube where people are saying the price of tickets was more than their rent at the time but it was worth it to see Madonna.

$200 for Gold Circle, $60 for everything else (plus booking fees, which were $4 for Brisbane, but different in other cities). Very close to the show dates, they added extra "Party Pit" tickets for $50, which were restricted view floor tickets. They only made 1000 Gold Circle tickets available at each show.

They did because they were itching to try and write her off after AL (as a whole) flopped in the U.S.

And also ROL and Music were super successful so commercial-wise AL was a big drop from that level... Framing effect. I feel like they were not criticizing AL or RI Tour, but its commercial-wise big drop from ROL and Music.

Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart Tour’ Is Killing It At The Box Office — And The Haters Are Upset

http://www.inquisitr.com/2547081/madonnas-rebel-heart-tour-is-killing-it-at-the-box-office-and-the-haters-are-upset/

dz82zuJ.gif

...However, some critics just want Madonna to fail, as evidenced by a recent hit-piece by the New York Post, which calls the tour a failure because it hasn’t earned as much as her previous tour.

“At many of the stops along the 14-concert part of the tour, ticket revenue fell 50 percent below that of 2012’s ‘MDNA’ tour, according to Billboard’s Boxscore data.”

Despite all evidence to the contrary, some are trying to paint the Rebel Heart Tour has a failure.

The New York Post uses data to infer that Madonna’s shows in Toronto (she sold out two of them) and others were failures. What they didn’t point out is that all of the reported shows were completely sold out.

:manson:

New York Post is so fucking bitter!

And also ROL and Music were super successful so commercial-wise AL was a big drop from that level... Framing effect. I feel like they were not criticizing AL or RI Tour, but its commercial-wise big drop from ROL and Music.

I remember tabloid "articles" from the UK claiming that the RIT shows were not selling well...

From The Guardian:

"Just now, she's not looking so shiny or new. There are reports that tickets for her tour are moving slowly"

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2004/aug/01/popandrock.madonna

Independent august 15th 2004:

"Madonna's lucky star fades as tour sales slump"

"For one, the tickets are cheaper this time around. While Madonna still charges above $350 for some seats, many others sell at prices below $150. When an artist plays the same area every two years, they have oversaturated the market. Madonna knows this and knew that she had to reduce prices if she wanted to fill seats. It’s not an example of failure, it’s an example of reality."

This is so TRUE !!!

She is touring all these american cities since 2001. But especially S&S Tour, and MDNA Tour went to nearly everywhere she can possibly go in US... I don't understand how people expect her to sell like crazy while she went to all these cities before, and did 2 to let's say 15 shows in these cities.

http://m.marketwired.com/press-release/madonna-launches-rebel-heart-tour-in-europe-2071170.htm

.....The Rebel Heart Tour is the best selling tour on the Billboard's Hot Tours Chart this week selling over 350,000 tickets, grossing over $45 million dollars and holding 12 of the top 17 tour dates on the Current Boxscore. Madonna performed three SOLD OUT shows in the New York City area (two at Madison Square Garden and one at Barclay Center) and two SOLD OUT shows in Montreal, Toronto, Edmonton and Cologne. She will also perform three SOLD OUT nights in Turin and a sold out show to over 40,000 in Stockholm. The Material Girl will also stage two concerts in Prague, Berlin, Barcelona, London, Amsterdam, Paris, Mexico City, Miami, San Juan, Taipei, Bangkok, Hong Kong, Macau, Manila, Auckland, Melbourne, Sydney and Brisbane. This will be the first time Madonna will perform in China, Taiwan and the Southeast Asian markets.....

Golden circle were $200 which was one of the most expensive concert tickets ever seen in Australia at that time. My dad gave me just a standard ticket as an early xmas present & it cost hime $77 i think which was ridiculously expensive as well. I think he commented that it was more than hed ever spent on a concert ticket and was a few days wage i believe. Theres tv news on youtube where people are saying the price of tickets was more than their rent at the time but it was worth it to see Madonna.

Yeah, I remember my mother went to get my tickets for GS and they were $80 at one of those ticket brokers at the mall. That was considered so expensive that she didn't end up buying them and I was devastated (and never got to see M live until DWT eight years later!). I think the average ticket prices were around $35 back then? It's crazy.

Madonna’s ‘Rebel Heart Tour’ Is Killing It At The Box Office — And The Haters Are Upset

http://www.inquisitr.com/2547081/madonnas-rebel-heart-tour-is-killing-it-at-the-box-office-and-the-haters-are-upset/

That's a great article. Haters gonna hate, but they can't deny the facts.

I remember tabloid "articles" from the UK claiming that the RIT shows were not selling well...

From The Guardian:

"Just now, she's not looking so shiny or new. There are reports that tickets for her tour are moving slowly"

http://www.theguardian.com/music/2004/aug/01/popandrock.madonna

Independent august 15th 2004:

"Madonna's lucky star fades as tour sales slump"

The New York Post I believe it was did the same thing with her RIT tour also.

I remember my friend who is a Madonna hater saved the article for me to show me when I came over, and someone in it was quoted as saying something like, "We are not moving these tickets and are going to lose a lot of money." :lmao:

Even back then I knew an article like that was total bullshit.

Is she really going to gross less in Europe then in the states?

I mean from just about every picture I see these arenas she is playing in look WAY bigger than in the US and because there is no arranged seating the floors look packed to all hell. Looks like a bunch of sardines! You would think that would give her extra bodies in the arena giving extra $$$$$ in her pocket no?

Is she playing any other large places like Stockholm?

If not then I wonder why her team just picked that one huge place and not others like it for this tour?

Well i guess because this still an Indoor arena (this time her stage has no roof) despite the fact that it holds 40000 people and theres not much arenas in other places that can hold that much people.

let's not panic and get ahead of ourselves. here are some of the MDNA revenues from european indoor shows:

June 20, 2012 Barcelona Spain Palau Sant Jordi 33,178 / 33,178 $3,893,274 June 21, 2012

July 10, 2012

Cologne Germany Lanxess Arena 14,489 / 14,489

$1,775,841

June 28,30, 2012 Berlin Germany O2 World Berlin 25,481 / 25,481 $3,679,378

July 7, 2012 Amsterdam Netherlands Ziggo Dome 29,172 / 29,172 $3,777,245 July 8, 2012