The BOXSCORE thread [part 1]

Apples388

That's the million dollar question. We don't know yet. Although, it can be calculated if someone actually put the time and effort to do it. We can just wait a week or two for the boxscores to come out.

:thumbsup:

I assume that if the average Rebel Heart ticket price is higher compared to MDNA's she could partially counterbalance the fact she's not playing any stadium gigs this time around, just like U2 aren't by the way, which seems to be lost on some posters here. Also, taking in $2m per gig is quite a steep downsize from an average of close to $7m per gig.

One thing is for sure, her RH tickets are more expensive than U2 tickets, that's why the first shots of packed crowds at her US gigs are even more impressive and certainly very telling, especially when even fans give credit to gutter press articles who have been recycling the same Madonna Tour poor sales piece for 14 years now

--------------------

This is the only site worth checking for those figures:

http://www.billboard.com/biz/current-boxscore

Well, this alone invalidate the whole thing. I'm pretty sure that Bell Center capacity is not 20k

This is the fan who has made up that article https://twitter.com/unplgtcbitch

You can ask him about his source if you like.

Bell Centre capacity is 15k for concerts, i imagine for Madonna would be even less because of the stage, definitely BS

I don't think they have taken the Asian dates into consideration in this article. The number of shows and tickets prices have not yet even been determined in these Asian countries so it's impossible to come up with an estimate at this time. I think that with the Asian dates & the much higher prices and the rumored additional shows in New York, the tour will gross close to $300 million.

I'd say that's a pretty good prediction, given the fact that it's an arena-only tour and not stadiums.

$200 million makes sense. These are arenas with less than 15,000 people in attendance, not gigantic stadiums and parks (and airports!....she actually did airports in Poland and I believe Zurich, and also a shipyard in Finland) :)

Any clues why shes opting for Arenas only?

I think she wanted to create a very intermat show and be closer to her fans....hence the stage coming right out almost to the end of the arena.

The romantic theme would be lost in a stadium.

I think she wanted to create a very intermat show and be closer to her fans....hence the stage coming right out almost to the end of the arena.

Yes I totally agree with this.

I am glad she mantained her commitment on the asian dates which could easily been stadiums.

This indeed :)