Happy 15th MUSIC!

cosmic_system

Fantastic album. "I Deserve It", "Impressive Instant", and "Gone" all deserved to be singles. Even the much maligned "Nobody's Perfect" is great.

"Paradise (Not For Me)" is also one of her best album tracks ever. :bow:

I love that it's a very short album with no filiers (to me).

My first memory of Madonma up close live is from The Drowned World Tour in Paris while she was singing Gone. I was crying like a baby and she looked ah me and smiled at me for a second (it lasted an eternity in my head). That song will always be special for me (and it's an amazing song btw).

My favorite album of all time.

Every track is a masterpiece.

I still can't believe that we never got a fourth single -- let alone a fifth or sixth. Somewhere there is a world where "Impressive Instant," "Gone" and "Paradise" all got the single releases they deserved.

My 2nd favorite album of hers. So many joyous memories being 10 and falling in love with her again. What a fucking cool album this is. And yes, Amazing is great.

A perfect, great album

Madonna's celebratory mood at a time of new found love and motherhood for the second time. Yet it retains some of the darker, more introspective, brilliantly conveyed and executed moments of ROL. 1998-2001 was truly bliss muscially speaking.

Summer 1999 with the marvellous Beautiful Stranger and Spring 2000 with American Pie being phenomenal and once again hugely successful bridging moments between these two marvellous studio albums.

I was 17 in 2000 and still discovering 80s and early 90s Madonna and her greatness, versatility bit by bit and being completely overwhelmed so this magnificent new work dropping out at that time will forever hold an even more special place in my heart. And it was a grand return on video and later on tour of proper Madonna choreo grandness

tumblr_n5ch6iPizz1qhjm0go2_250.giftumblr_n5ch6iPizz1qhjm0go3_250.gif

568099bba23b4065ca98a25cf208319f_jpg_290

Paradise is one of my favorite songs ever. Love this album

IKR

There is not one bad or meh track on it, as it oftens happens with her

Everything simply flows marvellously

Such an amazing album. I remember when it was about to be released, I was visiting friends in LA at the time, and I remember hearing "Music" EVERYWHERE. :)

And this album gave us "Don't Tell Me," which is probably my #1 favorite M song ever.

Sometimes the lines are blurred when it comes to what I think is Madonna's BEST album and what is my favorite.

I actually think this is her best. Over LAP or ROL. It's her tightest, most cohesive, and out right "coolest" album. People who didn't even LIKE her enjoyed this album when it came out. Music, the song, was an anthem for a new generation. It was huge and you heard it everywhere.

I think this album gets kind of lost in her catalogue. Kind of like Bedtime Stories does. Those albums came after massive projects so it's natural they get dismissed.

Edited by KalamazooJay

Music was massive. M was everywhere. I like to think more so than ROL. The promo tour and eventual world tour helped elevate her. I remember the hysteria when she announced the promo tour.

A, what is your top ten?

I've honestly never sat down to compile that list, because the thought of doing so slightly overwhelms me. lol

I've honestly never sat down to compile that list, because the thought of doing so slightly overwhelms me. lol

Well the MadonnaNation Top 40 will be taking place next year, so get ready!!

Yazzz!!!

For me, this is her most avantgarde album. I know ROL shocked your electronic tits but I felt Music was more experimental and out of this world.

YES!!