Alanis Morissette posts heartwarming picture of her & M together

Ugly Hecty

My. Favorites together!!!

Mine too.

There are a couple of other pics too. Im sure there's a ray of light Madonna one and one of M Guy Alanis when Guy and Alanis look so young. I wouldve loved to have been a fly spying on them when they all went to dinner and M hired her, then the best meeting to be in ever that after supposed she wouldnt get a rise and new contract!

Alanis's 3rd album was ready to go and Maverick put a stop to it because they found out she was in other negotiations. EEK!. Apparently it all kicked off the album was 'on the shelf' for 6 months of drama. Madonna herself (if stories are true) took Alanis out for for a meeting and of course they met in the middle. I bet Madonna liked that feistiness in Alanis even though her second album flopped (best album ever btw). I wonder how much M caved in? Or did she just tell Alanis to shut up or fuck off? Alanis wouldntve got the artistic freedom for supposed if she was contracted to any other label. Imagine us not getting it?!!. She mustve realized that to some extent surely?

Any other fans know of the details??? It was supposed to be a huge hush hush affair of the problems Maverick was going through and theydve been fucked without Alainis. I know M left and ran away with the money in her handbag shortly after :laugh: but id like to know more. I think I remember Liz actually saying the myth was true. :popcorn2:

Love Alanis and Jagged Little Pill will always hold a special place in my teenage angst filled heart (even if it originally came out when I was three).

This also just shows what is so great about M. She doesn't brag about her accomplishments, like signing one of the most successful female 90 artists, she just keeps on adding to the record books. Most people I've encountered had no idea that Madonna signed Alanis or that Maverick was the most successful vanity label of all time, until I explained both those facts of course.

To be fair Supposed Former... lacks of a good team to put order on that mess. Brilliant songs that end up seeming a joke. In fact if SFIJ had been better crafted Alanis wouldn't be the joke she is nowadays. In a big big company she would have fared better.

From then on... Even though Swept was a hit she never really recovered.