DC 9/12 VERIZON CENTER 3rd NIGHT

Stephen

Here's my review that I posted on Facebook. Hope you don't mind if I cut and past it since I don't want to type a whole new review. It's more for a general audience all of which may not be huge Madonna fans, but I hope you guys enjoy it!

Hey, everyone here's my report on Madonna last night in Washington, DC. What a great show! She came on around 9:40. You know she's coming on when they play Wanna Be Starting Something by Michael Jackson!! She enters from the top coming down in a cage!! The first section is the samurai section. I think the highlight of this section is Burning Up on guitar. It was an early single but everyone was singing along! Then of course there was the pole dancing on the crosses!!

The second section is the more simple 50's rockabilly section, but I think this was in some ways the best. Her acoustic version of True Blue is so amazing, plus Like A Virgin really gets the crowd going. Then she gives the best vocal performance of the night when she sings Heartbreak City/Love Don't Live Here Anymore on the stairs. Her vocals on this are insane! Anyone who says she can't sing doesn't know what they're talking about!!

Then we go on to the Spanish section. A highlight here is another acoustic version of Who's That Girl and Rebel Heart on guitar. She thanks all her fans for standing by her for 30 years!! She has the big flamenco Spanish dress on and when she sits down she says excuse me, I'm not used to wearing so many clothes! LOL

Then of course the finale is the 20's flapper section. Her new versions of Music and Material Girl get everyone going. But the highlight is her cover of La Vie en Rose. Yes, she kept it. She says some funny things such as she invited President Obama to come but he didn't because she probably was too provocative for him, but she tried to tone it down!! LOL Barack didn't know what he missed! I've always had a crush on our President so Madonna and I have a lot in common!! I wish he could stay longer since the new candidates like Trump are so bad, and not cute or sexxxy at all! She also said she wasn't a believer in marriage, except for same sex marriage. LOL She said the problem with marriage is your husband wants you to belong to only him, but she belongs to all of us fans!! LOL

Then of course, the funny part is in Unapologetic Bitch where she chooses a fan to come up and dance with her. She chose this girl Heather who was wearing a copy of a costume Madonna wore on the Confessions tour, a blue and white jumpsuit! Heather was a lot of fun. Madonna asked her if she had anything to apologize for and Heather said hell, no!!

This tour is interesting because it is such a cross between a big production tour and such intimate guitar and talking to the audience moments. I've always thought the idea of Madonna being a bitch is overplayed, but even I was amazed at how warm and genuine and appreciative she is of her fans. It's a new Madonna for sure. No one can come away from this show not loving her!! I just wish I could see it again and maybe with closer seats!! Okay that's my full report and as Madonna, says Bye Bitches!!

I love your review and completely agree!!! I am just glowing today when I think about it. It was such a special night. It was so genuine, happy, and heartwarming and so extremely gratifying to see her in such a grateful and happy place. I am just ecstatic for her.

metro weekly

Rebel Heart Tour: Madonna Takes the Verizon Center by Storm (review)

By Doug Rule on September 13, 2015

“I still believe in love — even if Barack Obama didn’t come to my show,” Madonna teased near the end of Saturday night’s concert at the Verizon Center. “Maybe I’m too provocative.” Like all her tours, Rebel Heart had its fair share of provocation, chiefly through repeated sacrilegious references to God and Catholic iconography.

But that’s always been Madonna’s cross to bear (and her bread and butter). This time out it was confined to the opening numbers. If you could look past it, as well as her overuse of war and violent imagery (Madonna is seemingly forever fighting someone, from God and Gaga to Guy and the media), you probably left charmed by the evening.

The Rebel Heart Tour finds Madonna at her happiest and most personable, and also in her best voice. In past tours she seemed to be performing on auto-pilot, but not on Saturday.

Edgy and sassy and unapologetic, Madonna once again proved her predominance in pop performance. It doesn’t matter if you don’t like her new album, even though it accounted for nearly half of the two-hour set. The truth is, few others working in pop today put on such a compelling and sensory-rich, top-notch theatrical production from beginning to end. Madonna makes her concerts feel like celebrations.

Near the concert’s end, Madonna settled, with a guitar, on a raised platform and sang the French classic, “La Vie En Rose” — which she dedicated to Obama — as if she were a bona fide chanteuse. “Everybody sing along!” she cooed playfully. She didn’t need the audience assist, as she perfectly conveyed the emotions of the song. It was just one example of how significantly Madonna’s musicality has improved over the years, even if her music has not.

9/12/15 Verizon Center Set List

Iconic
Bitch I’m Madonna
Burning Up
Holy Water, with an interpolation of Vogue
Devil Pray
Messiah
Body Shop
True Blue
Deeper And Deeper
Heartbreak City, with Love Don’t Live Here Anymore
Like a Virgin
S.E.X., with Justify My Love
Living For Love (Remix)
La Isla Bonita
Dress You Up, with a flamenco medley of Get Into the Groove / Everybody / Lucky Star
Who’s That Girl (acoustic)
Rebel Heart
Illuminati
Music / Candy Shop
Material Girl
La Vie En Rose
Unapologetic Bitch
Encore: Holiday

Those sneak disses in there ugh :lmao:

"It was just one example of how significantly Madonna’s musicality has improved over the years, even if her music has not."

Ugh. :angry:

^yes that was the big mistake part when the empty arena started booing and they threw rotten tomatoes at her and the big cane came out and snatched her ass and threw it off the stage

I was there. It was awesome. "Candy Shop" was the highlight of the show for me, followed closely by "Material Girl"!!! :D

Candy Shop was brilliant!!! I don't even like that song and was disappointed when I heard she was singing it, but it rocked!!!!