Blond ambition tour - Japan , France

Girlie show tour- Australia

Drowned world tour- USA

Reinvention tour - Im going to tell you a secret - France

Confessions tour - UK

Sticky and sweet tour - ARGENTINA , yasssss

MDNA Tour -USA

so we need a new country bitches , Germany will be great

Copy-pasting this thing I wrote for the first MadonnaTribe.com thread I started. I was thinking of posting links to fan videos there as the tour progressed, then I discovered that it's been "locked" and seemed to have been merged with the other threads. Not sure who to ask to have it "unlocked" again, or if that's even possible.

I would have posted the same thread here, but it seems MN members need to reach a certain number of posts before we're allowed to start our own threads. Hehe :3

http://forum.madonnatribe.com/viewtopic.php?f=30&t=2694&p=158904#p158904

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- ----- -----

Sat Aug 15, 2015 7:52 pm

Hi everyone. My first post ever. Anyway, I've rummaged through this forum (and the one at MadonnaNation), and so far, I haven't seen a thread about the recording, the (likely) broadcasting, and of course, the home video releases for at least one of the Rebel Heart shows. I did some googling, but no luck there either. So I thought I'd start one. I know it's still early, but I think it would be nice to have an avenue for this while the tour's on-going. If there's an existing thread similar to what I have here, please let me know, and I'll delete mine. icon_smile.gif

For context, lemme just say that I've never been to any of her concerts. I was a teenager in a country she's never toured (and then the Manila dates were announced---Yay) during the DWT, RIT, CT, and the S&ST eras. And when I started working, flying to another country to see her simply wasn't practical. So I relied on concert videos, and later---especially during the MDNA Tour, amateur footage uploaded by fans on YouTube. Call it pathetic, but there it is.

I like that her previous three tours were given a cinematic treatment for their DVD / Blu-Ray releases. I suppose doing that helps capture at least some of the nuances and provides the kind of effect she would have wanted the show to have had on those who were able to attend. Editing-wise, the best one so far, to me anyway, is the Sticky & Sweet Tour video. Not heavy on visuals, but I thought the people behind it did a great job of incorporating the stuff on the gigantic screens with what happens on stage. There were no "incessant angle changes" too, which I liked. Although I still wonder if they "fixed" the vocals. I mean, sure, I only have fan videos to compare it to, but then, there have been comments about it.

So anyway, just for fun, what kind of "processing" would you like for the RHT DVD / Blu-Ray? I wouldn't mind having a non-cinematic but well-edited video release. You know, like the DWT. Not the HBO broadcast, but the DVD version. Also, which dates would you like to be filmed? Personally, I wish it they'd record and release the Manila shows. Not because I'm from the PH, but because we'd be seeing her for the first time, I just think her fans here would go ballistic the moment she appears on stage, especially since some of her older hits have already been confirmed for the tour.

And then there's the grim possibility of the tour not being released on video at all. At least not officially. Hello, RIT. Haha. She sang her hits, it was being compared to BAT, another documentary was made. I was sure it was going to get a DVD, but then, you know what happened. Or didn't happen. icon_razz.gif

In which case, I shall endeavor to "capture" the show for myself. I got tickets for the upper box, and with seats the way they are (each row is lower than the one behind it), I don't think I'll be blocking anyone's view. The quality won't be topnotch, but ehh. It'll be good enough for me.

Thoughts? icon_smile.gif

Won't there be censorship issues in their country?

I don't think that's going to be a problem. If I remember correctly, there were Christian groups that protested outside the Mall of Asia arena when Lady Gaga came here for her Born This Way Ball Tour (the Judas and Alejandro music videos were still quite new), and the concerts still happened. Although I don't think she filmed the Manila shows. Come to think of it, it seems that tour's yet to have an official DVD / BD release.

But if censorship does become a problem, I'd worry more about whether or not the shows would be cancelled. Because if the past is any indication, altering the performances to please the conservative lot is not something Madonna would stand for. Haha

That said, a concert about being a Rebel Heart, that features Catholic imagery? Manila is just that. Hardly a glamorous city, yes, but why should that be the end of it? More importantly, why should that stop her? :3

Edited by madgesterium