Rebel Heart Tour press reports, reviews, videos & pictures

Apples388

Those Philly reviews pissed me off. Did they not attend the same show as me? They are clearly just out to get her. M's comments about the pope were tame, and the audience laughed at each one.

Those reviews were the typical kind of "let's knock Madonna" reviews. It is always so easy to spot the ones that already dislike her or somehow have an agenda. Personal insults and irrelevant comments. Thank goodness though that they have been in the minority this time. I just find it incredibly unprofessional for people to get paid as reviewers and read inaccurate biased reviews.

amazing review! soooo happy people are actually saying nice things!

can not wait to hear the Chicago review tomorrow, that show will be an absolute show stopper.

for those that are going to the concert tomorrow and have never been to the United Center, be prepared to lose your mind..

Slightly off-topic....

REBEL HEART TOUR | Stufish entertainment architects

http://www.stufish.com/project/rebel-heart-tour (Click the link for lots of pro-shot photos)

The Rebel Heart Tour has provided Stufish a chance to once again work on a spectacular show by Madonna, where the production value and attention to detail is some of the highest in rock and roll/pop entertainment. The stage and set design for the 2012 MDNA tour were incredible, and still, Rebel Heart tops that. Stufish have designed elaborate and bespoke statement props for one of the world’s most iconic performers of all time, as well as an intimate experience for the audience to witness one of the greatest shows of all time.

The stage shape is derived from a hybrid of an arrow, a cross and a heart. A long narrow catwalk leading from the main stage divides the audience down the centre and extends deep in to the arena culminating into the heart shaped stage. Half way down the catwalk is the horizontal cross stage spanning almost the entire width of the arena. This stage formation allows Madonna and her dancers to reach more audience, closer up and more intimately than ever before.

The main kinetic feature of the stage is a complex “machine”, which allows for various acrobatic and scenic moments throughout the show. The machine is a 28ft wide x 16ft high video screen deck that assumes numerous positions; It can be flush with the main stage as flooring, act as an 8ft raised platform, a vertical wall that can tilt from flat to ninety degrees in 30 seconds and be an angled wall that performers can ride. There are specialized bungee points built in to the top edge of the machine which let performers flip, tumble, run and roll up and down the ramp, hang from and free run on the wall in any of these positions.

this tour is unbelievable by looking at all those overwhelming and flooding reviews with great reception.

we have seen only very few negatives.

i'm really curious to see what the reviews would be like from the mid west and west coast.

certaily she won in her favor in east coast and canada.

i think her fans and critics in east coast are more in love with her.

this is remarkable so far.

Edited by palladium75

this tour is unbelievable by looking at all those overwhelming and flooding reviews with great reception.

we have seen only very few negatives.

i'm really curious to see what the reviews would be like from the mid west and west coast.

certaily she won in her favor in east coast and canada.

i think her fans and critics in east coast are more in love with her.

this is remarkable so far.

I know. It makes me wonder now what she can possibly do as a follow up. :)

I know. It makes me wonder now what she can possibly do as a follow up. :)

We say that everytime though. I thought what could she do to top MDNA with all the theatrics and controversies. And she did it by going in the opposite direction, making a more intimate, less controversial and more human and warm tour.

She always tops herself but not in the way you expect. That's why I love her so much!

We say that everytime though. I thought what could she do to top MDNA with all the theatrics and controversies. And she did it by going in the opposite direction, making a more intimate, less controversial and more human and warm tour.

She always tops herself but not in the way you expect. That's why I love her so much!

Exactly! And I know it's early to say and I haven't seen it in person yet, but this might actually become my favorite tour of hers! :wow:

Exactly! And I know it's early to say and I haven't seen it in person yet, but this might actually become my favorite tour of hers! :wow:

you will be euphoric when you see her performance and her tour in the flesh. :)

Slightly off-topic....

REBEL HEART TOUR | Stufish entertainment architects

http://www.stufish.com/project/rebel-heart-tour (Click the link for lots of pro-shot photos)

The Rebel Heart Tour has provided Stufish a chance to once again work on a spectacular show by Madonna, where the production value and attention to detail is some of the highest in rock and roll/pop entertainment. The stage and set design for the 2012 MDNA tour were incredible, and still, Rebel Heart tops that. Stufish have designed elaborate and bespoke statement props for one of the world’s most iconic performers of all time, as well as an intimate experience for the audience to witness one of the greatest shows of all time.

The stage shape is derived from a hybrid of an arrow, a cross and a heart. A long narrow catwalk leading from the main stage divides the audience down the centre and extends deep in to the arena culminating into the heart shaped stage. Half way down the catwalk is the horizontal cross stage spanning almost the entire width of the arena. This stage formation allows Madonna and her dancers to reach more audience, closer up and more intimately than ever before.

The main kinetic feature of the stage is a complex “machine”, which allows for various acrobatic and scenic moments throughout the show. The machine is a 28ft wide x 16ft high video screen deck that assumes numerous positions; It can be flush with the main stage as flooring, act as an 8ft raised platform, a vertical wall that can tilt from flat to ninety degrees in 30 seconds and be an angled wall that performers can ride. There are specialized bungee points built in to the top edge of the machine which let performers flip, tumble, run and roll up and down the ramp, hang from and free run on the wall in any of these positions.

Fascinating! Thanks for posting

:thumbsup:

98% of the press is adoring this tour

The rest are once again just relating their own views on Madonna and not her impeccable work

With some glaring mistakes thrown in to boot

what a great review

Truth: Madonna’s performance at TD Garden on Saturday night was a crowning achievement in a year that has unjustly denied her such moments

Let me put it this way. The narrative surrounding Madonna in 2015 has not exactly been kind to the 57-year-old pop icon. You would think by now she has earned the right, and the public’s trust, to be whomever she wants. And yet the older she gets, the more she has to counter sexist questions of why she’s not acting her age (“I am,” she has said) and what is left for her to do

Those critiques faded inside the Garden as Madonna reasserted a longstanding hallmark of her career: She is at her best and fights her hardest the minute you count her out

“Tell me I’m no good/ And I’ll be great,” she sang on the opening “Iconic,” a battle cry from this year’s “Rebel Heart,” a very good pop album that deserved to sell more than it did

The accompanying Rebel Heart Tour reveals a softer, more reflective Madonna who’s celebrating her legacy while forging her future in the genre. There is no blueprint for her trajectory, so, critics be damned, she’s blazing her own

And she’s obviously having so much fun right alongside her fans. This new tour is a window into Madonna as both deity and human being. It was heavy on spectacle brought to life by a band, her many elastic dancers, glitzy costumes, and streamlined set pieces that kept the production stylish and fluid

The show also allowed Madonna to appear exposed. Three songs in, she stalked the runway extension of the stage alone with an electric guitar as she sang “Burning Up,” an early club classic. My jaw dropped when she dug into “Like a Virgin,” once again by herself on the catwalk, simply dancing and singing and making eye contact with the audience. It was poignant to see an established artist revisiting her roots and engaging with them all over again

The show also allowed Madonna to appear exposed. Three songs in, she stalked the runway extension of the stage alone with an electric guitar as she sang “Burning Up,” an early club classic. My jaw dropped when she dug into “Like a Virgin,” once again by herself on the catwalk, simply dancing and singing and making eye contact with the audience. It was poignant to see an established artist revisiting her roots and engaging with them all over again

She also found fresh ways to enliven hits that are now decades old while connecting the dots to more recent work. A matador theme set the tone for “Living for Love,” her latest hit, which segued into the flamenco beat of “La Isla Bonita.” It was a seamless setup for a Mexican-tinged revamping of “Dress You Up” that mashed in snippets of “Into the Groove” and “Lucky Star"

Fans will forever quibble with the set list, but this tour gets the balance right, from the thumping groove of “Deeper and Deeper” to the closing euphoria of “Holiday.” Madonna opened the vaults, dusting off favorites she hasn’t performed on tour since the mid-’80s. On acoustic guitar, she reclaimed “Who’s That Girl” as an introspective ballad, and with Madonna strumming ukulele, “True Blue” featured her most stirring vocal of the evening

She delivered “La vie en rose,” the Edith Piaf classic, in its original French, leading you to wonder why she hasn’t reinvented herself as a supper-club chanteuse. She dedicated the song to her son David, who turned 10 on Saturday, and then brought him out to dance for the audience. It was a sweet mother-son moment that was suddenly comical when you realized the song she was singing: “Unapologetic Bitch.” (See? Some things never change)

With the pope visiting the US, it was prime time for Madonna to stir the pot with some blasphemy. On “Holy Water,” a reference to what a certain part of her body tastes like, her female dancers donned nun’s habits and twerked on stripper poles shaped like crosses

Having seen her live a handful of times over the past decade, I admit I’m guilty of wondering how much longer Madonna can pull off such a demanding and youthful pageantry

Truth: She can — and will — do it as damn well long as she wants

what a great review

Truth: Madonna’s performance at TD Garden on Saturday night was a crowning achievement in a year that has unjustly denied her such moments

Let me put it this way. The narrative surrounding Madonna in 2015 has not exactly been kind to the 57-year-old pop icon. You would think by now she has earned the right, and the public’s trust, to be whomever she wants. And yet the older she gets, the more she has to counter sexist questions of why she’s not acting her age (“I am,” she has said) and what is left for her to do

Those critiques faded inside the Garden as Madonna reasserted a longstanding hallmark of her career: She is at her best and fights her hardest the minute you count her out

“Tell me I’m no good/ And I’ll be great,” she sang on the opening “Iconic,” a battle cry from this year’s “Rebel Heart,” a very good pop album that deserved to sell more than it did

The accompanying Rebel Heart Tour reveals a softer, more reflective Madonna who’s celebrating her legacy while forging her future in the genre. There is no blueprint for her trajectory, so, critics be damned, she’s blazing her own

And she’s obviously having so much fun right alongside her fans. This new tour is a window into Madonna as both deity and human being. It was heavy on spectacle brought to life by a band, her many elastic dancers, glitzy costumes, and streamlined set pieces that kept the production stylish and fluid

She also found fresh ways to enliven hits that are now decades old while connecting the dots to more recent work. A matador theme set the tone for “Living for Love,” her latest hit, which segued into the flamenco beat of “La Isla Bonita.” It was a seamless setup for a Mexican-tinged revamping of “Dress You Up” that mashed in snippets of “Into the Groove” and “Lucky Star"

Fans will forever quibble with the set list, but this tour gets the balance right, from the thumping groove of “Deeper and Deeper” to the closing euphoria of “Holiday.” Madonna opened the vaults, dusting off favorites she hasn’t performed on tour since the mid-’80s. On acoustic guitar, she reclaimed “Who’s That Girl” as an introspective ballad, and with Madonna strumming ukulele, “True Blue” featured her most stirring vocal of the evening

She delivered “La vie en rose,” the Edith Piaf classic, in its original French, leading you to wonder why she hasn’t reinvented herself as a supper-club chanteuse. She dedicated the song to her son David, who turned 10 on Saturday, and then brought him out to dance for the audience. It was a sweet mother-son moment that was suddenly comical when you realized the song she was singing: “Unapologetic Bitch.” (See? Some things never change)

With the pope visiting the US, it was prime time for Madonna to stir the pot with some blasphemy. On “Holy Water,” a reference to what a certain part of her body tastes like, her female dancers donned nun’s habits and twerked on stripper poles shaped like crosses

Having seen her live a handful of times over the past decade, I admit I’m guilty of wondering how much longer Madonna can pull off such a demanding and youthful pageantry

Truth: She can — and will — do it as damn well long as she wants

Indeed

Her albums in recent years may not get universal praise, but her abilities as a performer and her overall legacy simply cannot be denied.

RE that reviewer who said he didn't know "Holiday" was patriotic- yes, that and not just for the USA, but the world itself. As I've said many times before, beneath the fun, frothy surface, beneath the surface... :gent:

Since I have now seen the show I have been gorging myself with youtube footage of all the performances over and over.

I think I am obsessed. :So many amazing ass moments, and I love catching all the little things I missed because I was in a gay coma. :lol:

Cant wait for this show to be released. Maybe it was talked about but does anyone have a clue yet which show they plan on filming? Or maybe they will MDNA it and use a lot of different footage from different shows. Continuity be damned. :lol: