OPENING NIGHT THREAD: Live from Montreal - updates in real time.. (part 1)

Platinum Gold

Too many of you are comfortable with Madonna keeping La Isla Bonita a mainstay. Yet bitch about the third consecutive inclusion of Candy Shop? I hope Candy Shop never leaves her set lists whether full song, mash-up, or interlude.

Too many of you are comfortable with Madonna keeping La Isla Bonita a mainstay. Yet bitch about the third consecutive inclusion of Candy Shop? I hope Candy Shop never leaves her set lists whether full song, mash-up, or interlude.

Could be because La Isla is an amazing, classic song and Candy Shop is...well.... Candy Shop

I like both but I can definitely see why people see a Madonna tour as prime real estate for a more compelling song being perfed

Signed

I see that the bell center got free wifi. Idk how it will goes but I might periscope if so. If no tonight sure tomorrow. Depend on how it goes with 17 000 peoples in the building! Also not the entire show but a bit. All the info will be on my twitter. Maybe a bit of diplo also if it work well

Sad that Joan of Arc isn't being performed now that I see the whole list... I KEEP seeing this one mentioned by casual fans as a favorite from the new album... oh well, you can't have it all, but it is mystifying to me.

I'm shocked too. I was really looking forward to seeing it live. Now it'll be forever that song from one of her albums we will wish for on future tours a la Promisevto Try, Waiting, Words, Take a Bow, Skin, Amazing, etc.

Could be because La Isla is an amazing, classic song and Candy Shop is...well.... Candy Shop

I like both but I can definitely see why people see a Madonna tour as prime real estate for a more compelling song being perfed

La Isla is a classic, it's on the Immaculate Collection, it is one of her biggest hits in many markets. She's performed it a lot but this tour will make it 4 of the last 6. So it's not every single tour, and she didn't perform it last time around.

Candy Shop is actually on three tours in a row (something that has not happened to La Isla actually) and is not a classic. I don't particularly mind Candy Shop, but the two situations are clearly different.

I know Im yet again repeating myself, but think, it's THE DAY and we still don't know 100% sure The set list or anything!!! Its going to me so AMAZING! Though its going to be in The middle of night here so I have to wait till tommorrow yyyh

There's a difference between regularly performing a worldwide smash hit and an album track, though...

There's a difference between regularly performing a worldwide smash hit and an album track, though...

I get what you mean but I'm sure that if she chose to include CS once again it must fit the theme perfectly and it's not like she's redoing it the same way she did it on S&S and MDNA. Looking forward to it all :laugh:

People were sick of La isla the last time she performed it.

There would be at least one person who has an issue with every single track that she ever chooses to perform.