Another day, another CHEEK thread.

Apples388

CHEEKDONNA!   

47 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the post-'08 cheeks?

• No! I prefer THE FACE '78-'07 before it was altered.
    • They were a bit too much '08 but once they calmed down, it was fine.
    • CHEEKDONNA = LIFE and don't you forget it.

Since 2011 she has looked consistently amazing. I don't even notice the cheeks now.

2008-2010 had some beautiful moments and some kinda scary ones. She's definitely calmed down since. My favorite cheek era is late 2009 while doing S&S II and promoting Celebration. She looked sexy. I loved when Acko said "she looks like a pretty egg" :rotfl:

The one thing I HATE is that in loads of news stories they show that awful CHIME FOR CHANGE Where she looks like she's just rushed down and taken her hair out of rollers and been pumped up in the face .

Then again when deflated it ain't good. See Grammy Macklemore situation.

Mama make up would rolling in her grave/seedy motel room if she saw that awful makeup

She was also JETLAGGED and tired etc.

Chime for SHIT is the worst she's ever looked since that tour rehearsal pic with the arm thing with Lola..

That 2008 rehearsal pic was always very suss to me. Almost as though they had edited her arms to look like toothpicks and made her face worse. Thanks Daily Mail.

Either way, 2008 was probably not Madonna's happiest year. I still love S&S/Hard Candy era though. Not her most successful era but it was very Who's That Girl in it's carefree nature and it got her the number 1 tour by a female. Yay.

I agree with Mat.Guy, it depends whether her cheeks are swollen or not. If they are swollen...well, then she looks terrible, I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but that's just how I feel about it :(

Thankfully though, since the last couple of years those appearances where her cheeks are swollen have become rarer and rarer. There are still some creepy days (Chime For Change, Hard Candy Toronto...) but overall she's been looking amazing ever since MDNA :wow:

I do have to say though...if I'm being very very honest...even though she's still very beautiful, I sometimes wish she'd never gotten the cheeks in the first place. She looked so beautiful for Confessions AND natural. I still love how she looks like, but the cheeks definitely changed her face, even until now :(

Having said all that though, M is still one of the most beautiful female celebrities ever. Always was, always will be :thumbsup:

I agree with Mat.Guy, it depends whether her cheeks are swollen or not. If they are swollen...well, then she looks terrible, I'm sorry if that sounds harsh but that's just how I feel about it :(

Thankfully though, since the last couple of years those appearances where her cheeks are swollen have become rarer and rarer. There are still some creepy days (Chime For Change, Hard Candy Toronto...) but overall she's been looking amazing ever since MDNA :wow:

I do have to say though...if I'm being very very honest...even though she's still very beautiful, I sometimes wish she'd never gotten the cheeks in the first place. She looked so beautiful for Confessions AND natural. I still love how she looks like, but the cheeks definitely changed her face, even until now :(

Having said all that though, M is still one of the most beautiful female celebrities ever. Always was, always will be :thumbsup:

I look at this way: Confessons was beautiful but at times her face looked really sunken in and gaunt, and by 2007 she was looking a bit funky (see the David Letterman interview). I think the plastic surgery was inevitable. Took her a few years to get it right, but she is perfect now.

Guest Rachelle of London

I didn't like on Graham Norton where it looks like she has too much in so it closes her eyes almost

I was sitting next to this Indian woman at GN that was genuinely asking if Madonna is half Chinese :lmao: she was shocked when I said she was Italian and French :dead:

Good lord she had some scary ass moments with those cheeks. For me now it seems like she found the right balance.

A. Hopefully someone was brave enough to talk to her and tell her to cool it on the overstuffed pillow face...

or

B. She saw pictures of herself and thought "WTF!? Time to cut back!".

I mean just look at her in the Ghosttown video for example. Fucking gorgeous as hell. (Still disgusted that the song and video didn't get the attention it deserved.)

Can I also say I don't know what she did, but from the time she had noticeable work done before the Hard Candy era till around the MDNA era, till now she has only looked younger and younger. She looked stunning at the iheart music awards while singing Ghosttown. I think the longer hair helps also, but even in her instagram video where she is saying "Two more weeks bitches," before the start of her tour I was thinking how the hell is this a woman pushing 60!? She looks beyond youthful.