Would Get Together been a bigger hit if.....

george28

I think the only great video from this era was Get Together. HU has lovely parts, what's great about it is the hot pink leotard and Madonna in the dance studio dancing alone. Everything else, not so much. The dancers go from LA in a yellow cab to London in a black cab in a matter of minutes. Madonna is in this throwback retro dance room earlier on, then the video ends in a arcade playing dance dance revolution. Her look is iconic and so is the dancing, but I just don't think the video is well thought out.

Sorry was simple and basic, and unnecessary to make that continuation. Like others have said, the solo shots were great, and the roller disco was a nice touch.

+1

I wish the real b-roll (not the workprints that leaked 2 weeks ago) leaks one day to make a pink leotard only version.

I think Sorry is stronger than Get Together. I think Jump is stronger than Get Together. IMO Jump would have made the better third single. In the UK GT's success was hampered by releasing it five months after Sorry.

THIS!

THIS, Jump as third single would have been a smash worldwide and no..GT wpouldn't been anything different with stronger push and it's weaker than Sorry

btw, as much i love it, i never understood the massive love for this song...

And THIS!

+1

I wish the real b-roll (not the workprints that leaked 2 weeks ago) leaks one day to make a pink leotard only version.

And take out the glorious moment when she walks the street al beautiful?????

And not having the bombastic end where she was so badly hurt but took her superpowers and danced even harder than the rest even though she had to take a zillion painkillers?

Hung Up video is not her best, but it's good enough as it is!

I love the demo too. The mood is so different from the Stuart Price version which is more balearic and euphoric whereas the demo is more melancholic. they are both Madonna at her finest.

I think it should have been single #1, released during summer of 2005 as a buzz single before the mammoth hit that was (and deservely so) Hung Up.

It's a summer song and by summer 2006 the buzz about COADF had died.

Madonna dissed Sorry in Rolling Stone calling it retarded I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like "Cherish" and "Sorry," a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits.

About Sorry video i agree with everything Suede said

I like the Man with guitar instrumental better than the one on the album but i really like the big explosion at the end of the album version. Listening to the stems i found the alternate vocals better, more melancholic and i love the ragga version Stuart did for the tour interlude.

Oh thanks for posting I guess there goes the chance for her to ever do cherish on tour again. 😔

:spankmonkey:

my lovely raf....me once thought the meaning "spank the monkey" was what are you using it now..

then someone here explained me another different story....i think it was Peter.....better you look it up... :chuckle:

my lovely raf....me once thought the meaning "spank the monkey" was what are you using it now..

then someone here explained me another different story....i think it was Peter.....better you look it up... :chuckle:

I remember that. :dead:

Me?! Or someone else...? I don't know if I could explain that without blushing!!

I like the demo version of Get Together, as well as the album version, which has grown on me over time. (Not that I ever disliked it -- I just fell for the charms of other tracks initially. I sort of got losy a little bit amidst Hung Up, Sorry, and Future Lovers.

So excited about the COADF 10th anniversary celebration thread, btw. Love that album, love that era. Tour is amazing. Perfections, indeed!!

There's no way GT would've been a huge hit at least in the states, as most radio stations were urban-dominated at the time. Then again, goes to show Madonna was way ahead of her time with COADF - doing EDM ten years before everyone else :laugh:

COADF singles should've been.....

1. HU

2. Sorry (international)/Push (US)

3. Jump

4. Get Together

I'm not a fan of Push, but I surprised it wasn't released in the US. I think it was the most radio friendly song on the album. Remember, this was 2005. They weren't playing Euro-Dance music on US radio. They barely played Hung Up. Look how gross this playlist is: http://www.musicoutfitters.com/topsongs/2005.htm

Im convinced it would have been a hit if she had put out simultaneous releases.

something along the lines of putting hung up out as the main single and immediately pushing another track to the clubs - whether it was sorry or get together or whatever. I think this dual approach wouldve worked perfectly with her promo schedule which was basically one quick shot for the Hung Up single around the world and then boom she went on tour.

I think that was the big problem. she was pretty much gearing up for her tour and there was no promotion at all for get together and for jump, BOTH of which should have been massive hits.

As far as im concerned Get Together is one of her modern day classics. One of her all time best and would like to see it re-released one day.

Edited by pourhomme80