Would Get Together been a bigger hit if.....

george28

It is an ultimate Madonna song. I remember first hearing it and even the bell at the beginning got me all excited, lol. Sorry did her well, though I have had a love/hate relationship with that song for years now, going from singing and dancing to it, to other times skipping it whenever I have my Madonna playlist on shuffle. It did her justice though, I remember the video being played frequently on TV and to this day you can still catch it on the radio every now and then

I can't with Sorry. It's weird because it has her style allover and the melodies and all that, but somethng about this song makes me skip. Just the contrary with Get Together, i never get tired of it.

Sorry but Get Together is actually the 2nd best video (after Hung Up) from the Confessions on a Dance Floor album. #truthtea

Yes.

And if it wasn't for the wonderful flip she does while she's rolling in the disco, i'd even said that Jump was better video than Sorry, hahahaha.

Guest Rachelle of London

I love the GT video. I think it's suits the song perfectly. Dunno if a traditional type of video would've made it a bigger hit though. Doubt it

I think the Sorry video is probably one of my least favourite Madonna videos ever. I do love the super-vixen glamazon scenes with her alone of course but the rest of it was a bit silly. The white van scenes in particular and the cage fight "yoga moves remixes" were atrocious. Roller disco scenes were okay.

sorry_video_lilac_ns3.jpg

Want to be a superstar

That's exactly what you are

ICONIC

I love the concepts for both versions of the video - the futuristic cities she's in match the mood and sound of the song brilliantly. I'm just annoyed that they used the radio edit of the song as opposed the glorious album version.

Sorry is actually one of her weakest singles of the 00's. Even Madonna herself paid it dust and said it was all Warner's decision to make it a 2nd single. (She wanted ILNY which would've been worse lol) It was still a big global hit but I feel like any single would've succeeded thanks to the hype of Hung Up. Get Together sounds like a Madonna classic while Sorry just fall flats both lyrically and musically.

I always thought Sorry should have been a hung-over 'part deux' of Hung Up, with Marge eating a greasy breakfast in a builder's cafe. Would have had to have been planned in advance and shot at the same time though.

And yes, Get Together is mind-alteringly amazing but I'm not sure a proper video would have done much for it.

I love the demo too. The mood is so different from the Stuart Price version which is more balearic and euphoric whereas the demo is more melancholic. they are both Madonna at her finest.

I think it should have been single #1, released during summer of 2005 as a buzz single before the mammoth hit that was (and deservely so) Hung Up.

It's a summer song and by summer 2006 the buzz about COADF had died.

Madonna dissed Sorry in Rolling Stone calling it retarded I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like "Cherish" and "Sorry," a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits.

About Sorry video i agree with everything Suede said

I like the Man with guitar instrumental better than the one on the album but i really like the big explosion at the end of the album version. Listening to the stems i found the alternate vocals better, more melancholic and i love the ragga version Stuart did for the tour interlude.

I was shocked Sorry hit number one here in the UK but very pleased .

Jump should have been bigger . With a good

Video with her strutting through her life how she made it big. With a cameo from Tony and Joan.

I was shocked Sorry hit number one here in the UK but very pleased .

Jump should have been bigger . With a good

Video with her strutting through her life how she made it big. With a cameo from Tony and Joan.

I always thought "Jump" should have been promoted more as a song for "Devil Wears Prada", included on it's soundtrack as well as the Confessions album, and made to feel like a "movie song". It might have helped it be a bigger hit (because the song has "hit" written all over it).

I was fine with "Sorry" being the second single because it is extremely catchy, though I would have loved a better video. Nice to see it was a big hit in many parts of the word.

It was harder for her to have hits on later singles at this point, because yes, "Get Together" screams hit too. This album really had a lot of single choices.

Also not really a fan of the "Sorry" video. She did look good in the "super-vixen glamazon" shots, but they were kinda pointless to the proceedings.

The first GT video is alright, but the alternate one gets points for having her spinning in the proper place. :)

I think the only great video from this era was Get Together. HU has lovely parts, what's great about it is the hot pink leotard and Madonna in the dance studio dancing alone. Everything else, not so much. The dancers go from LA in a yellow cab to London in a black cab in a matter of minutes. Madonna is in this throwback retro dance room earlier on, then the video ends in a arcade playing dance dance revolution. Her look is iconic and so is the dancing, but I just don't think the video is well thought out.

Sorry was simple and basic, and unnecessary to make that continuation. Like others have said, the solo shots were great, and the roller disco was a nice touch.

I think Sorry is stronger than Get Together. I think Jump is stronger than Get Together. IMO Jump would have made the better third single. In the UK GT's success was hampered by releasing it five months after Sorry.

My single choices for coadf:

HU

S

J

GT

Forbidden Love.

THIS, Jump as third single would have been a smash worldwide and no..GT wpouldn't been anything different with stronger push and it's weaker than Sorry

btw, as much i love it, i never understood the massive love for this song...

I love the demo too. The mood is so different from the Stuart Price version which is more balearic and euphoric whereas the demo is more melancholic. they are both Madonna at her finest.

I think it should have been single #1, released during summer of 2005 as a buzz single before the mammoth hit that was (and deservely so) Hung Up.

It's a summer song and by summer 2006 the buzz about COADF had died.

Madonna dissed Sorry in Rolling Stone calling it retarded I've never been a good judge of what things are going to be huge or not. The songs that I think are the most retarded songs I've written, like "Cherish" and "Sorry," a pretty big hit off my last album, end up being the biggest hits.

About Sorry video i agree with everything Suede said

I like the Man with guitar instrumental better than the one on the album but i really like the big explosion at the end of the album version. Listening to the stems i found the alternate vocals better, more melancholic and i love the ragga version Stuart did for the tour interlude.

And sometimes we suffer that. She clearly needs some good team to tell her which song to release.