Would Get Together been a bigger hit if.....

george28

I am surprised Jump wasn't a massive global hit....Or at least from what I recall it wasn't that huge. Fully expected it to shoot to the top of the united world charts like Sorry did following Hung Up.

Was it big in certain areas though?

Guest Rocco Papa

I actually really like the Get Together video. Not the one on the Celebration DVD, the other one. I really like the colors and I actually think it compliments the song really well.

No. If you're referring to the US, no. The USA wasn't interested in dance music from a woman in her 40's. WBR made the mistake of not promoting her to AC radio, which would have been her best shot. They did end up doing that, but only for the last single. I don't really think a "proper" music video would have been made a difference. In the end, it's only the fans who label it as "not a proper music video." The general public tbh had no knowledge that the footage came from a live gig.

The U.S. unfortunately seem to have a love hate relationship with Madonna and haven't seem to care about her since 2003 (even during Confessions when it was very well re levels everywhere else in the world). I've never seen a country so disinterested in Madonna unlike other nations that have continued to support her right up until GI2M. Get Together having a 'proper' video wouldn't have made a difference really and it's a real big shame the American public were not interested it in.

It should've been 2nd single. Sorry killed the momentum. I love it though, but maybe keeping it as a UK/Europe only single would have been good.

I have a friend who is not a madonna fan telling me how much he loved the GT video. Pointing out the artistic values behind it. So i dont think the video is at fault here.

It should've been 2nd single. Sorry killed the momentum. I love it though, but maybe keeping it as a UK/Europe only single would have been good.

I agree with that.

I heard Warner suggested that Sorry be the 2nd single because it got the most positive feedback at the listening party, allegedly. And Madonna was like, ok. Which is weird. It wasn't even performed during the promo shows and she did GT on Star Academy. I think it was definitely a favorite of hers.

Sorry is actually one of my least favs on the album and I remember being surprised at the time that it was chosen for a single.

I think Sorry is stronger than Get Together. I think Jump is stronger than Get Together. IMO Jump would have made the better third single. In the UK GT's success was hampered by releasing it five months after Sorry.

My single choices for coadf:

HU

S

J

GT

Forbidden Love.

A proper video was shot for it? I think it would. Not to bad mouth the anime video or anything, but I feel like it hard strong potential to become another major hit from COADF if an actual video was made....

GT was performed by her in some tv shows,right? I think it helped sell the album during 2005´s christmas time.When they finallt released it, most of madonna´s target already knew the song, so I don´t think the video was a problem

Get Together would have been massive if they had invested money to play it allove the world. Full stop.

Since 2003, Madonna needed big amounts of money to make second singles work. Now she needs big amounts of money to make a first single work.

It's in my top 3 Madonna songs ever! It's beautiful.

This song was what caught my eye and turned me into a real Madonna fan. It kept being played on all the music video channels and I fell in love with the song. I started to pay attention to the other Confessions singles. Then I downloaded the album and eventually bought the Confessions Tour DVD. After that came everything else!

It should have been the second single.

It should have had a proper video.

Maybe it wouldn't have done well in the U.S. but I think it would have been HUGE everywhere else, especially with promo and a push and of course an amazing video for an amazing song!

It did not get me at first, but now it's in my top 5, no doubt. I think it's one of those songs that with the proper radio support becomes big in an unintrusive way and has a real shot at being a classic with the GP as opposed to simply a passing novelty. Slotted as a third single it was never given that chance.

It is an ultimate Madonna song. I remember first hearing it and even the bell at the beginning got me all excited, lol. Sorry did her well, though I have had a love/hate relationship with that song for years now, going from singing and dancing to it, to other times skipping it whenever I have my Madonna playlist on shuffle. It did her justice though, I remember the video being played frequently on TV and to this day you can still catch it on the radio every now and then

Guest eroticerotic

I feel that every single from an album should get a "first single" treatment. I think this will give third and fourth and fifth singles a better chance at being recognized.

I think GT was way too much "dance music" at that time, for the USA. A better video would not have changed this.

Having said that, I can say GT is my fave song on COAD and this song is in my top 10 Madonna song.

Well we can sit here and debate all day whether a proper video would have pushed it further or not......HOWEVER. Did it deserve a proper video? YES.

One of her greatest songs ever? YES.

Such a missed opportunity.

Guest Pud Whacker

A proper video was shot for it? I think it would. Not to bad mouth the anime video or anything, but I feel like it hard strong potential to become another major hit from COADF if an actual video was made....

One of my all time favorite madona songs. But I say no. Not everyone is like us. She's been in the business for a million years

Don't forget she MADE Hung Up a hit by performing it around the world for like a year!!!