In this thread, please focus on praising THE ALBUM VERSION of "Like a Prayer".

Crystal Coffin

The album version?

You mean the main version? The legendary one? The one actually known and loved by all the public?

Probably Madonna's signature hit and that will never change i guess.

Always hated that crap included on The Immaculate Collection. They cut many of her hits on that compilation...but decided to include a completely unnecessary Like A Prayer version that was even bigger than the album version? Weird decision!

Brilliant in every way. The original and the best. Highlighted perfectly her clear wonderful vocals and had so much passion. Unique, magnificent song that was so different and holds up as a classic every time I hear it.

I love the album version, always much much much better than the She's remix. The album version may sound dated now, but at the time, it was incredible, no song had sounded like that, with so many stops and go and drums and everything. Beautiful. The bridge is incredible, with the back choir. The ending is fabulous.

But Shep's version is really great too and works perfect life. That OH MY GOD OH MY GOD .... brilliant. And the middle part...

Madonna was the first artist who literally took us all to church with Like A Prayer... All this "take me to church" talk I've been hearing lately is an insult to me as Madonnas been taking the whole world to church since 1989!

The album ( unremixed) version is a pure assault to the senses. The organ intro... the dreamy verses... the explosion of the chorus and the out of this world bridge where she makes us all reach an orgasm through the power of both the Holy Spirit and sexual desire.

Like A Prayer is the pop masterpiece no other artist would ever come close to repeat.

Album version is GLORIOUS. But yeah, TIC is more famous just because that album sold millions of copies around the world.

For example, my mom told me that she danced the TIC version in a club back then and also the radio played it. She had no idea about the original version.

The album version has never been done live!

She'll do it one day for sure. No one ever thought she'd do the immaculate mix live again, and she did after 22 years. She's not gonna repeat herself.

The album version has never been done live!

Well of course it's wonderful but we all know Madonna's favourite version and the one she has consistently performed live is based on Shep's remix. #truthhurts

Wasn't the acoustic version performed at RIT kinda based on the original album one??