REBEL HEART TOUR: Opening Night in FOUR DAYS

ashtangi74

When DP plays and they move in those beautiful electric shake waves... That's living for love bullfighting?

I always look at Madonna in both Grammys and Brits so i didn't know that the minotaurs were doing those moves.

Tony's answers have me squealing!

Drowned World 😍

I'm not impressed at all with the comparison...snoozefest that it was. Hopefully he has a bit of dementia :lol:

visually it was out of this world though. its obvious in the workshop and teasers that she's gonna bring her balls (before and after the ritchie marriage) back ;) thats what made the tour a bit boring to some, because it didn't have that "edge" while it was still stunning and vocally amazing.

But DWT was her most theatrical tour and its stage was way more elaborate than the last four tours, so hopefully those comparisons are valid!

In what way its stage was more elaborate than the last ones ? I don't get it.

As someone said earlier, the original album version of LFL is officially cursed now. We know how superstitious she is. The remix is fine. Enough with the moaning already!!

Well, that's a prophecy I don't wanna see... she can un-curse it.

No matter what you say, I still prefer the original, it's so good, so warm... the remix doesn't feel like the good pop song it is. it's cold.

I would be so disapointed if it's the remix.

She did it already with the GITM remix in the S&S. I still don't get it today. Original was perfect to me and it was not even "cursed".

Did you see the show? Different stage setup, more stage props and just a small video screen. Then the RIT went almost full on empty stage with huge backdrops behind her.

Yes, I saw them all and I saw many props on every tour, not just DWT. that's why I ask for precisions.

About tours after 2000:

In terms of technology, MDNA is the biggest one, obviously.Because it's the more recent and because she really tried to outdone herself.

In terms of setlist, Confessions wins

In terms of art, vanguard, innovation... DWT is number one

So, if some dude thinks that this tour is simmilar to DWT, i guess he's refering to the vanguard thing, the exploration issue. Combine that with the setlist that we will get and the fact that she's on fire, and i think we have to take some pills before we get to the concert or we will die with just the first glimpse of Iconic.

DWT was perhaps her most perfect 'arena show' in terms of conception, visuals and design. I think this is what Tony is referring to when he says that Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016 is most similar to that. It's got nothing to do with the setlist.

MDNA and S&S were made with stadiums in mind.

Confessions was also a wonderful arena show but lacked the artistic sensibilities of DWT (it was just a different show), which again I presume is what Tony hinting at here when he says Rebel Heart Tour 2015-2016 is similar to DWT.

The less said about RIT the better.

But they were very clever with MDNA, with those blocks that went up and down and created some good props.

It's tricky to have many things on stage, because unless they are mobile, you end up having some silly structure all the time.

In Confessions, they were very wise when they created the beautiful set for Paradise, for example. I love those things.

I bet all the dancers are going to do the vogue bit in living for love all over the stage, cross and heart with her and the Bambi girls next to her...

From the workshop video, it seems as though the male dancers will have a bit where they act like Bulls some more...I can't wait. God bless the Queen!

There's a shot where she's watching the dancers and she just looks like such a pro. A woman in full control and full of opinions. Thinking, contemplating...the Queen O.G. of pop music. No expense spared. The best. Always. There will never, EVER be another woman in the business like this. She is such a phenomenon in the entertainment industry.

I'm sorry but I personally could never get all the way through DWT no matter how many times I try. It's just too boring compared to all her other tours, and while the imagery was ok the setlist was so dull not to mention the tacky costumes. But overall I don't mind if this tour will have elements that remind people of it, so long as she kicks ass when she has to during her performances.

Today marks the final month I have to wait until she comes to Toronto and I think I am beside myself with anticipation, lol!

You're crazy! 😋 ^^^^ the drowned world was was amazing on all aspects but don't worry cause when anyone says something reminds them of a certain tour, it's never what or how we imagine it. I'm sure we'll understand those elements when we do see it but I bet it'll be a completely different thing in the end...😍😍😍 I just can't wait!!! I just can't wait! This is gonna be mind blowing. I can feel her. It's getting closer and closer.

Unpopular opinion alert, but I felt the technology on MDNA was, at times, a bit overwhelming. While it really enhanced some performances, especially with the moving blocks (Celebration, GGW) or the giant screen (Gang Bang), I also felt the stage swallowed M up in some performances. Sometimes there was just too much going on at once with the stage, and then with the 20 dancers and lights everywhere M herself got kind of lost in the big production.

I felt the 2000's tours before MDNA had a better balance in these regards.

tony is speaking about the visuals. not sure why people are saying this and that. the visuals on dwt were amazing and some of her best

I think Tony keeps making the comparison to DWT because that was his personal favorite coming in and now this is giving him chills in the same way that no tour has since. I love the intensity and emotion and art of it also. :) They are going to be different just equally impressive, at least costume and set wise which is how he is involved. Nothing to do with the setlist or whatever. :/